Sign in to follow this  
Midjit Thud

Please give me the tools to succeed.

I understand this is EA. I would not expect this all to be fleshed out yet. However i have a few suggestions as someone in a um.. large company?

The crew logs need some filters. PLEASE i beg you for this.

* A simple search box at the top that worked client side would solve so much to start.

* Categories with there own entry limits

* logs PER SECTOR (A1,b2 etc).  With options to monitor those sectors as being on by default. (including notifications messages see below). A graphical way to switch between sector logs would be nice but im fine with a dropdown list of every sector that has a claim flag from my company.

* Notification Messages - If you have several sectors all these messages about claim's going up and down are alarm fatiguing everyone. No one even pays attention to them anymore and everyone just would rather not see all this stuff scrolling across the screen all day. Even if it got put in another chat window that could be toggled on and off on screen that would be even better.  

* Claim Flags, Right now a notification pops up for 1 second , if you blink you miss it. (see above) . Could we please indicate on the atlas map a yellow or orange contested graphical representation of where. You use gps coords (and maybe its a stand in for something like this already) but theres no way for me to look at my map and say ok, thats where it is. So one of the two if fine with me. If you show me coords on the atlas map AND have a seperate chat window or filterable log or something where i can look at the flag being contested i can then atleast understand whats going on.

* Permissions. Please i beg you, use a permission and group allowance based system. The 5 groups with set permissions are not enough control. To explain further.. Allow me to setup simply group names. Assign permissions to the group. Then add players to that group. Players should be allowed to be in mutiple groups not just one.  Then when i set permissions on the few objects in the game that need it (storage containers, BOATS PLEASE BOATS, doors , crafting stations etc) i can just have a default group (like basic member) and add other USERS OR GROUPS to allow or deny access.   This gives SOOOOOO much more control than you currently do and when there are 100's of people in a company its needed.

* Inventory Logging. I understand if every inventory was logged and had inventory adjustment records it would be way to much, but perhaps put safes in the game and allow inventory tracking, who takes and puts what in and out. Even if i have to craft another item or stick an npc in a chair and desk with a log book to RP it up. 

* Company Tab.  This also needs a search. A simple textbox that i can type a name into and have the list of names shrink until its only that person. Giving someone admin or find the persons name and taking it away is to much.

im sure there is more but this is what ive spent the time typing out for now

• Like 2