Sign in to follow this  
Peacemkr7900

How about this...

Been living on a lawless island. It’s been great, things decay more rapidly but I can repair them. The best part is no one can claim my land and steal my house. I think all lands should go back to this If someone doesn’t want someone to build some place then pillar it off like the old days of ark but let the pillars decay over time. If maintenance is not done to upkeep(literally walk up and repair it) each pillar then they auto-demolish. Let land claim still apply but only to taxes. Let it have nothing to do with building or claiming physical property. Nothing is worse than someone placing a claim flag on something you worked you butt off for, only to take it all away in 30 minutes. 

To all those that say pillars will be everywhere. That might not entirely be true. If the tax thing is done right then you would want people to move into your territory. And if you pillar off a whole island the upkeep of repairing so many pillars would be horrible enough to discourage it. 

I haven't noticed any decay on lawless except when structures disappear after 4 days if the player hasn't been online. None of my stuff has decayed and needed repairing, i'm on PvE so I don't know if it's different on PvP.

I started off building a nice base on lawless, although i've found a little island I still keep my lawless place and visit it each day to make sure I don't let the 4 day timer run out.

The sad reality is though if you are playing alone then the moment you go on a week long holiday it will all be gone.

10 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I haven't noticed any decay on lawless except when structures disappear after 4 days if the player hasn't been online. None of my stuff has decayed and needed repairing, i'm on PvE so I don't know if it's different on PvP.

I started off building a nice base on lawless, although i've found a little island I still keep my lawless place and visit it each day to make sure I don't let the 4 day timer run out.

The sad reality is though if you are playing alone then the moment you go on a week long holiday it will all be gone.

They could just have the decay(lose HP over time, requireing repairs) for pillars only. But have other structures auto-demolish after like 10-14 days. if someone uses another structure to try to claim land then it can also block spawns. Which with the tax system would be like shooting themselves in the foot.