Sign in to follow this  
LoneSilverWolf

Suggestion: LOCAL SINGLE PLAYER

Given this game is made by the ARK developers, I am left baffled as to why this doesn't include a VERY popular and much asked for function in Ark. You would THINK the developers would have learned and had this included from the start.

There are a lot of issues in MP right now--including people being able to grief you in PvE, sink your ships, steal from your various crafting tables such as the looms and smithies, etc. Wouldn't have to deal with that crap in a single player mode. Not to mention, the advantage of getting to see how the game works and test out different builds before delving into multiplayer!

So please PLEASE add a local single player option like ARK had. You could host your own local session, even invite someone to it (with tethering), but we wouldn't even need that option. Just a simple single player option would make a WORLD of difference, AND give those jaded with the game, a way to continue playing it stress free.

This is the very basics of game development here, it should have been present from the start; EA or not, that is something as basic as pressing W to move forward at this point! There is much demand for it, look on the Steam forums! MOST of us want a Single Player option!

**edit**

Did NOT see the suggestions forum when making this (I feel quite blind now). If a mod would kindly move this topic to suggestions, that would be awesome--and I apologize for not posting this there in the first place. Cheers!

Edited by LoneSilverWolf
A big oof
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LoneSilverWolf said:

Given this game is made by the ARK developers, I am left baffled as to why this doesn't include a VERY popular and much asked for function in Ark. You would THINK the developers would have learned and had this included from the start.

There are a lot of issues in MP right now--including people being able to grief you in PvE, sink your ships, steal from your various crafting tables such as the looms and smithies, etc. Wouldn't have to deal with that crap in a single player mode. Not to mention, the advantage of getting to see how the game works and test out different builds before delving into multiplayer!

So please PLEASE add a local single player option like ARK had. You could host your own local session, even invite someone to it (with tethering), but we wouldn't even need that option. Just a simple single player option would make a WORLD of difference, AND give those jaded with the game, a way to continue playing it stress free.

This is the very basics of game development here, it should have been present from the start; EA or not, that is something as basic as pressing W to move forward at this point! There is much demand for it, look on the Steam forums! MOST of us want a Single Player option!

Agree. It would also help speeding up the process for the wiki to develop. We can do some testing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Percieval said:

Agree. It would also help speeding up the process for the wiki to develop. We can do some testing. 

Exactly! There is a lot to potentially do and test, and there are a lot of blank pages on the wiki! I get the game is EA, I get that the game is an MMO--but a local single player would not only allow testing, but it would also give people another avenue to play the game until various problems are fixed!

I have a private server and I can't even play because their damned updates keep breaking G-portal, so I keep having to submit tickets to them and wait and HOPE someone decides to respond that day.

They could only load one grid at a time and freeze the rest, somewhat like how you can move you character from the island to Ragnarok in ark but time won't progress on island(keeping all grids active would be too taxing for most PC's)

Edited by kolpo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kolpo said:

They could only load one grid at a time and freeze the rest, somewhat like how you can move you character from the island to Ragnarok in ark but time won't progress on island(keeping all grids active would be too taxing for most PC's)

Also, let's not discount shrinking the map size for SP. The full MP map is most certainly not needed for a good SP experience, so they wouldn't even need to mess with a full sized map! Pretty sure those of us wanting SP wouldn't mind a decreased map size!

I'd like a single player offline, or local lan where I could select a grid and host that.

• Like 2

Yes please..

Playing the game without grieving, rates for people that have a life besides the game and skill points or endless Respec to try out everything...

• Like 1

must admit I would love a singleplayer mode, with adjusted "treasure hunting" for 1 person instead of a group of people and 1 grid would be fine, but grids need more islands in each 3 islands is just meh.... 

6 minutes ago, Littlebits said:

must admit I would love a singleplayer mode, with adjusted "treasure hunting" for 1 person instead of a group of people and 1 grid would be fine, but grids need more islands in each 3 islands is just meh.... 

You can actually treasure hunt solo...

Use terrain and flame arrows for all but big one, then go into melee with 2h mace and blocking evading on big on (normal arrows are sufficient,elee needed on big one so he does not go into ground regenerate)

Any updates on this? I've quite literally signed up to the forums to chase up about playing local. I like to muck around with buildings, test what I can do before I commit days and days of time into a online construction.