Sign in to follow this  
Rizzit

Water for all

Hey all,

so we found out you can drink milk for thirst , but other then that, how can you actually
have a renewable source of water for a even a medium sized clan? How do the top 10 guilds
manage water problem? 

5 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

A water barrel....

hello sulfur : ) i might be overseeing something but doesn't it have to rain to fill the barrel? it never rains on our tile and we are almost in the tundra region

Lol just die and respawn since its so much easier then getting food and water lol

Edited by quazythain

21 minutes ago, quazythain said:

Lol just die and respawn since its so much easier then getting food and water lol

Yes but then we lose buffs from music and they are pretty damn serious buffs like 20% more dmg, 10% more speed etc. 

23 minutes ago, Rizzit said:

hello sulfur : ) i might be overseeing something but doesn't it have to rain to fill the barrel? it never rains on our tile and we are almost in the tundra region

I thought that in my biome, Low Desert.  Surprised to find it does, but unlike Ark you don't see it or hear it.  Leave the barrel lid open and eventually it fills with water if they are open to the sky.  They don't Lock though.  I have 2 of them In a sort of 2-walls high "chimney" in my house inside a 1x1 locked room, so that people can't steal the water or get into my house where the rain comes in.  I am on my own so 2 is ample, but you could have as many as you want.  You fill waterskins in it's inventory and press T to get the full skin out.

Reservoirs should fill with rain too, like in Ark, but I've not made them in Atlas as yet.  You might be able to drink from those in the same manner, or maybe by using the pipe system?  Must try that out.

Edited by Coggage
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Coggage said:

I thought that in my biome, Low Desert.  Surprised to find it does, but unlike Ark you don't see it or hear it.  Leave the barrel lid open and eventually it fills with water if they are open to the sky.  They don't Lock though.  I have 2 of them In a sort of 2-walls high "chimney" in my house inside a 1x1 locked room, so that people can't steal the water or get into my house where the rain comes in.  I am on my own so 2 is ample, but you could have as many as you want.  You fill waterskins in it's inventory and press T to get the full skin out.

Reservoirs should fill with rain too, like in Ark, but I've not made them in Atlas as yet.  You might be able to drink from those in the same manner, or maybe by using the pipe system?  Must try that out.

Thank you my friend for the constructive feedback 🙂

• Like 1

Oh, close the barrel when it's full.  Someone told me the water can "leak" if left open.  Maybe it's supposed to represent evaporation or something.