Sykotech

Ghost Ships Should Be Rare or Non-Existant

Ghost ships (ships of the damned) are not necessary in the pvp servers at least, theres enough pve on land.. all they do is make it extremely annoying to navigate..  I want to fight players not ghost ships, and a lot of players are even scared to sail their ships because of them, even though their spawns have been nerfed multiple times, we still run into at least 3 when crossing each server, usually a lot more.  Please just get rid of them (on pvp servers, pve servers might need them) OR make them extremely rare but more powerful.

Edited by Sykotech
  • Thanks 2

I was under the impression that Ghost Ships and Ships of the Damned were two different things. Either way, i agree with you for both PvE AND PvP. I've seen so many player ships just get swarmed by SoDs because there's 15 of them on a single server, and they all kinda float between the islands, keeping players from gathering resources that are scarce on their base island. IMO there should be 1 per 50 players on a server.

I'd prefer only one SotD be spawned at a time on each server and it roamed around unattached to players triggering it to spawn near them. They should also be a lot stronger I think. When you see one the first thing you should be thinking is "OH HELL!!" and get your ship in the wind and flee. It's the type of ship you would only think to tangle with on a fully leveled and equipped galleon or a fleet. It would be even better if they only appeared at night to give off a more eerie and spooky threat. Basically they should be each servers "Raid Boss". 

Having pirate ships that are using the same ships and limitations to the winds as us I would like to see more of. A lot of us came to Atlas looking for that high seas adventure feeling with the threat of other players finding you at sea, not npc ghost ship spam.

• Like 1

Totally agree to many i encounter 4 or more every time i leave an island, and these tornadoes at sea and ghost ship at same time, crazy, i have only escaped once.

I was about to make a thread about this, it is just to many and unfair for new players, i cannot stop dying because every 100m in a ship i see another 10 around me, please fix this, this should be really high up on the list of things to fix, there are way to many. reduce the numbre by 93% in the whole server and that should make it still a common/rare appearance but not this many it is just unplayable more now that raft can be attacked by them.

• Like 1

The best way that this could be done is the way that Sea of Thieves did it. What they did was have 1 ship for every person on the water and they made them in a specific area of the map. The AI for ships of the damned and all Animals needs to be modified in the sense that animals have a lock on a radius and after going out of that lockout radius they should disengage from you. Either a radius or a period of time where you are passive. 

God please yes, they need to be RARE but powerful, RARE! having a literal wall between my island and the next is not fun, mix that with a storm and you're going to take damage... better to just suffer the hurricane damage than agro a SotD.