Sign in to follow this  
Jaite

The state of the Ships of the Damned even for EA is just pathetic (feedback)

It's just a horrible feature/design all around. We have ships, PvP and PvE where nothing about these random ghost ship mechanics fall in line with sailing a boat while PvPvE'ing. You can't sail because of those ships, you can't get somewhere and explore in a timely manner because of those ships, you can't make trade routes, you can't PvP because those ships are everywhere and you can't even PvE because those damn ships are everywhere.

The ships themselves bring no good meaningful game play to the game. It's pure trash I hate to say it at this point.

It turns a 4 hour ship ride into a 6-8 hour trip. At some point I'm getting more and more bored just sailing and trying to always avoid them.

It sucks and really it serves no purpose to litter the maps like that with those ships. It serves no purpose to have them there period. The nerfs to the spawn rate, ranges and what ever did nothing to change the problem with those ships. It did nothing, there are these colorful ships side by side by side at every border with the magic reduction in the rates.

What those ships did was cause players to not explore, go out and pvp, go out and trade or explore other parts of the island. Those ships didn't do anything to help make the game better. It instead completely annihilated any fun the game did have.

It's 3am where I live and I was thinking I'd go gather some sap sailing from the tundra. What was supposed to be a few hours at 11 pm turned into a massive time sink of avoiding green/yellow/red ships everywhere on the map, everywhere.

The ships suck, the mechanics suck, and the design around them sucks. 

As I was sailing back 5 tiles of servers thinking to myself, "What the actual fuck am I even doing???? this sucks so incredibly bad at 100+ hours into the game" and I just didn't give a fuck anymore. Take the damn sloop with all the crap I spent the last few hours mindlessly hacking at. I just let that sloop roll right into the 5-6 green/yellow/red boats and logged out. I didn't even care anymore. 

These ships are just horrible. Glad to of gotten at least 70+ hours of game play, too bad these ships just make the game too tedious to continue playing.

Good thing it's EA right, be back when the kinks get worked out.

• Like 6

I agree with everthing. They should make them rare. That when you finnaly see one you want to risk it all to kill it for great loot. So less then a few over the entire map

We are in the snowy part of the map and the amount of those things is insane. We see 2-4 almost constantly and once we were surrounded by 8. And it happened a few times already that we jump server and spawn on top of one thats attacking us. 

Its not fun. It doesnt add anything usefull to the game. It only interrupts the pirate game.

• Like 2

Agree with all points, spend days making a ship, sail out of your port and get killed by 9 ghost ships, BROKEN

PLEASE FIX or disable, losing interest real fast.....

Agree completly!!!! Its totaly annoying and not emersive at all. You see sometimes like 4 or 6 at the same time....  - Just make them strong and very rare, like the giant whale or something.

We do not need like a dozend on one map. It needs to be a real experience if you encounter one.

Edited by Naetschie

Our company has thrown in the towel. We love ATLAS and can see it's potential, but we came for the boats and as long as the seas are under lockdown by the Damned... We'll be back when or if they find a more reasonable solution (Only come out at night? Super rare encounters? Bloodmoon style event?).

Until then the game is dead to us.

Edited by RyuujinZERO

3 hours ago, Jaite said:

It's just a horrible feature/design all around. We have ships, PvP and PvE where nothing about these random ghost ship mechanics fall in line with sailing a boat while PvPvE'ing. You can't sail because of those ships, you can't get somewhere and explore in a timely manner because of those ships, you can't make trade routes, you can't PvP because those ships are everywhere and you can't even PvE because those damn ships are everywhere.

The ships themselves bring no good meaningful game play to the game. It's pure trash I hate to say it at this point.

It turns a 4 hour ship ride into a 6-8 hour trip. At some point I'm getting more and more bored just sailing and trying to always avoid them.

It sucks and really it serves no purpose to litter the maps like that with those ships. It serves no purpose to have them there period. The nerfs to the spawn rate, ranges and what ever did nothing to change the problem with those ships. It did nothing, there are these colorful ships side by side by side at every border with the magic reduction in the rates.

What those ships did was cause players to not explore, go out and pvp, go out and trade or explore other parts of the island. Those ships didn't do anything to help make the game better. It instead completely annihilated any fun the game did have.

It's 3am where I live and I was thinking I'd go gather some sap sailing from the tundra. What was supposed to be a few hours at 11 pm turned into a massive time sink of avoiding green/yellow/red ships everywhere on the map, everywhere.

The ships suck, the mechanics suck, and the design around them sucks. 

As I was sailing back 5 tiles of servers thinking to myself, "What the actual fuck am I even doing???? this sucks so incredibly bad at 100+ hours into the game" and I just didn't give a fuck anymore. Take the damn sloop with all the crap I spent the last few hours mindlessly hacking at. I just let that sloop roll right into the 5-6 green/yellow/red boats and logged out. I didn't even care anymore. 

These ships are just horrible. Glad to of gotten at least 70+ hours of game play, too bad these ships just make the game too tedious to continue playing.

Good thing it's EA right, be back when the kinks get worked out.

Yeah when they released the patch notes I just started laughing my butt off. They attack rafts now? 😂😂😂 yeah I don’t expect the latch to work correctly either.

Just made an account to say thank you op,

i couldn't have say it better.

I also stopped playing because of THOSE.

It could be such a awesome game, trading, transport, exploring and everything...but yea we can't, because of those things.

Stoped playing the game just today ... 

Here is everything digusting with those ships

- They are too fast

- They deal too much damage against small ships (We lost 3 sloop in Official server and our Schooner will never get to see the big seas because we don't want to lose 70 hours of work, it's TOTALY NO !!)
- Too tedious to avoid them

- Your ship is too painful to control even when you get a full crew (Because the controls doesnt work, as i said in another of my topics, controls doesn't work AT ALL)

So i quit this game, it's too bad in the actual state, even ARK is less punishing for players because when we lost a dino, it's a question of 10 hours ... When we lose a FUCKIN SHIP, it's 30 HOURS of farming !!

PLUS !! I add those details : Treasure hunt is impossible solo because too much mob spawns, the hitbox are fuckin shit even when you AIM at the head, same problem for wolves, boar, and bears ... Floatsom are useless too, getting eaten by a shity shark to get 2 gold and 2 pieces of shit meat, NO THANKS !!

So Devs, what you're actually gonna have to do : REWORK THOSE FUCKIN SHIP CONTROL WHEN IT'S CREWED !! BALANCE YOUR SHITY DAMNED SHIPS AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE CAN PLAY YOUR FUCKIN' GAME EVEN IF THEY ARE SOLO OR CASUAL !!

Casual players got NO CHANCE on this game, litteraly NO CHANCE !! You call that an MMO ? The kind of game that is by definition can be playable for ANY kind of players ? ATLAS ? AN MMO ? Let me laugh !! 

Let me tell you that i don't give more than 6 month lifespan fior this game if there is no change to be done about the overall balance for skills, ennemy ships, floatsom, THE FUCKIN' KEYBINDS REWORK and other things that i wont even mention there.

CYA LATER !! 100 HOURS PLAYED, shouldn't have bothered (I was OK with all the bugs, rollbacks and server problèmes but balance problems, i'm not ... TOTALY NOT)