darcek

Farming is a joke

So one of the first things ive tried was farming.

I got water and small crops,fertilized them,tilled them with my shovel etc etc..full makeup lol,and grew some beans.

I got 1 bean per small plot... now thats really not worth the effort,so I said ill give it a try going bigger..

I invested in full skill tree of farming.I got large crops and maxed bonus of tilling.

Today got my first frutlings from it and...

i got 1 pepper per Large crop plot??!!! wth ...

There`s also seeds I cant grow cause they only grow in certain land,like carrot...

I love difficulty and challenge but this is ridiculous,and total waste of skill points!

Please increase the amount of yield! Also make some kind of way to grow stuff from foreign lands,else no reason to travel to get them..

Just now, darcek said:

I got water and small crops,fertilized them,tilled them with my shovel etc etc..full makeup lol,and grew some beans.

I got 1 bean per small plot... now thats really not worth the effort,so I said ill give it a try going bigger..

I invested in full skill tree of farming.I got large crops and maxed bonus of tilling.

There`s also seeds I cant grow cause they only grow in certain land,like carrot...

I love difficulty and challenge but this is ridiculous,and total waste of skill points!

Please increase the amount of yield! Also make some kind of way to grow stuff from foreign lands,else no reason to travel to get them..

What’s the timespan? I haven’t done anything with farming yet but in ARK it can take some time. 

6 minutes ago, darcek said:

Didnt time it,but it looks around 24h RL time, to fully grow to fruitling.

That is pretty long. Maybe the biomes affect the time for different crops? 

Edited by Percieval

I dont mind the time,its the crop output.

In ark ill get like 90 per one crop in officials and around 150 or more in unofficial servers.

here you get single fruit per harvest.from large plot. That sounds normal to you for time effort and skill invest???!!!

And look at other farming produce:

Cows give 30 milk per head,chickens like 30 eggs per hour,sheep wool 30 per cut etc etc

Thats more balanced but this crop farming system is obviously broken and unbalanced.

Edited by darcek
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, darcek said:

I dont mind the time,its the crop output.

In ark ill get like 90 per one crop in officials and around 150 or more in unofficial servers.

here you get single fruit per harvest.from large plot. That sounds normal to you for time effort and skill invest???!!!

Yes I’m saying the crop output is way too low for the time it took. 

ugh, I was just setting up a farm to start growing peppers to finally start cooking.... Sounds like its not worth the trouble.  And good to know about tilling using the shovel, I was trying to figure that out. What biome were you trying to grow it in?  And did fertilizer or water or something possibly run out?  And how did the beans do?

Anyone else have experience farming peppers?

Depending on your situation, might be easier to gather them wild and use the ship's larder as a preserving bin.

That farming output is shocking though.  Hopefully that gets increased.

Just now, Domino said:

What biome were you trying to grow it in?  And did fertilizer or water or something possibly run out?  And how did the beans do?

All crops have only 5 game minutes decomp time.

Im based at Tropical area.

Yeah farming is really shit right now, I tried everything, I can't get more then 4, per crop plot, per harvest thats with perfect tilling 3 times doing the minigame with shovel. Both cooking and farming useless now. And to mention, the small and large crop plot, its the same item, but just with different name, Its so shit. FIX ASAP!

Edited by Kafrom
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, darcek said:

Wow, my buddy would be so pissed, he usually makes huge multi level farms. Smh he would be soooooo pissed.

yeah that will be one thing that unofficial servers will need to boost