Tenzarian

Stealing territory is currently absurd.

The fact it takes 30m(or technically 40m total i guess) to steal someones claim is totally absurd! We had our entire base stolen in 40m by another company. They gained ownership of our building and all of our locked doors assets etc in just 40m? This needs a COMPLETE OVERHAUL. You can't really expect people to play this game 24x7, that is unreasonable. Realistically someone can take everything you have spent all your blood sweat and tears building in 40m, while you are offline. That is less than the time it takes to feed yourself and watch an episode of something on netflix in between getting your ships sunk by ghost ships! Give me a break guys.

agreed, the entire claiming system is really badly implemented at this time. 
 I do hope they are currently thinking of ways to improve upon it, or seriously looking at some of the other suggestions for how it should work. 

3 hours ago, Paradigm said:

You just need to have someone on the land. If you're not playing just log off in your house

Does this actually protect them from claiming your territory? I suspected this is the case as it makes sense. I haven't been able to test it however. 

logging off in your house is great except when you go out in your ship on an extended expedition and with your entire crew for more than 40mins! 

The contested timer resetting anytime anyone steps into the claim even though they are not part of the Companies involved is also absurd. General island traffic of people collecting resources will also reset claim timer.  

Stealing claims become a necessity when people claim multiple territories that they can't even occupy.  There needs to be a restriction to how many claims you can make!

I'd say 1 claim per person. (which may already be a rule) should suffice.  But that still allows large companies to claim an entire island if they everybody in the Company claims a territory.

apparently logging off in your house doesn't work either, my bro the owner of the company was asleep in the house next to our flag on pve server and it was still stolen overnight....

"PVE Territory can only be claimed if the owner has not been active around the territory within the last 3 days."

(EU PVE)  That does not work. I was offline for 3 hours and during that time 3 flags were taken over