Sign in to follow this  
cpspok

how to remove ships of the damned

anyone know what i type into the shootergames.ini to remove the pirate ships all together from a dedicated server ?

thanks

I would like to know that as well - we don't want ships of the damned spawning on our freeport servers, that doesn't make sense for us...

There are some parameters that can be added to ServerCustomDatas:

ServerCustomDatas1: NPCShipDifficultyMult,NPCShipDifficultyLerp,NPCShipNumMult

ServerCustomDatas2: 2.0,0.5,1.6

You should try setting NPCShipNumMult to 0 (i did not have time to test it yet).

The setting makes sense, but seems not to work on my server 😕 I've had a look at the official json definition and there it seems to be set for some servers... still trying. Here is my freeport definition (without the disco zones and islands):

"gridX": 2,
      "gridY": 2,
      "MachineIdTag": "walas_freeport_center",
      "ip": "<myip>",
      "name": "Freeport",
      "port": 57557,
      "gamePort": 5757,
      "seamlessDataPort": 27005,
      "isHomeServer": true,
      "AdditionalCmdLineParams": "",
      "OverrideShooterGameModeDefaultGameIni": {},
      "floorZDist": 0,
      "utcOffset": 0,
      "transitionMinZ": 0,
      "GlobalBiomeSeamlessServerGridPreOffsetValues": "(BiomeZoneName=\"Tropical At Land\",PreOffsetMaxDistanceFromShore=100000.000000,PreOffsetTemperatureMultiplier=1.350000,PreOffsetTemperatureMultiplierMaxDistanceFromShore=1.200000,PreOffsetTemperatureAdditionMaxDistanceFromShore=2.000000,PreOffsetTemperatureAddition=6.000000,PreOffsetTemperatureExponent=1.000000,PreOffsetTemperatureExponentMaxDistanceFromShore=1.000000,BiomeZoneNameAltDistanceName=\"Tropical Open Water\",BiomeZoneNameAltDistanceAmount=0.000000)",
      "GlobalBiomeSeamlessServerGridPreOffsetValuesOceanWater": "(BiomeZoneName=\"Tropical Ocean Water\",PreOffsetMaxDistanceFromShore=17500.000000,PreOffsetTemperatureMultiplier=1.400000,PreOffsetTemperatureMultiplierMaxDistanceFromShore=1.250000,PreOffsetTemperatureAdditionMaxDistanceFromShore=-25.000000,PreOffsetTemperatureAddition=3.000000,PreOffsetTemperatureExponent=1.000000,PreOffsetTemperatureExponentMaxDistanceFromShore=1.000000,BiomeZoneNameAltDistanceName=\"Tropical Deep Ocean\",BiomeZoneNameAltDistanceAmount=0.500000)",
      "OceanDinoDepthEntriesOverride": "",
      "oceanFloatsamCratesOverride": "",
      "treasureMapLootTablesOverride": "",
      "oceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideTemplateName": "",
      "NPCShipSpawnEntriesOverrideTemplateName": "",
      "regionOverrides": "(SoundOverrides=(NavalCombatMusicDay=SoundWave'/Game/Atlas/Music/ATL_SeaCombatJungleDay_v1.ATL_SeaCombatJungleDay_v1',NavalCombatMusicNight=SoundWave'/Game/Atlas/Music/ATL_SeaCombatJungleNight_v1.ATL_SeaCombatJungleNight_v1',CombatMusicDay=SoundWave'/Game/Atlas/Music/ATL_LandCombatJungleDay_v1.ATL_LandCombatJungleDay_v1',CombatMusicNight=SoundWave'/Game/Atlas/Music/ATL_LandCombatJungleNight_v1.ATL_LandCombatJungleNight_v1',CombatMusicDay_Heavy=SoundWave'/Game/Atlas/Music/ATL_LandCombatJungleDay_v1.ATL_LandCombatJungleDay_v1',CombatMusicNight_Heavy=SoundWave'/Game/Atlas/Music/ATL_LandCombatJungleNight_v1.ATL_LandCombatJungleNight_v1',Sound_TransitionToMorning=SoundWave'/Game/Atlas/Stingers/ATL_Sting_JungleMorning.ATL_Sting_JungleMorning',Sound_TransitionToMidDay=SoundWave'/Game/Atlas/Stingers/ATL_Sting_JungleNoon.ATL_Sting_JungleNoon',Sound_TransitionToNight=SoundWave'/Game/Atlas/Stingers/ATL_Sting_JungleNight.ATL_Sting_JungleNight',Sound_SetSail=SoundWave'/Game/Atlas/Stingers/ATL_Sting_JungleSetSail.ATL_Sting_JungleSetSail',Sound_Respawn=None,Sound_CreateNewCharacter=None),bDisableClaimFlags=False)",
      "waterColorR": 0.12,
      "waterColorG": 0.63,
      "waterColorB": 0.7,
      "skyStyleIndex": 4,
      "ServerCustomDatas1": ",ChanceForCold,NPCShipNumMult,FloatsamEnabled,",
      "ServerCustomDatas2": ",0,0,0,",
      "ClientCustomDatas1": ",OceanDepthFadeExponent,",
      "ClientCustomDatas2": ",-0.6,",

2 days ago, I added this line to defaultgame.ini. It worked then. After 8.0 dropped, ships of the damned came back.

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="PathFollowingGhostShip_BP_C",ToClassName="")

Haven't found another way to remove them yet.