Danron

REVERT DAMNED SHIPS ATTACKING RAFT

36 minutes ago, Tentarro said:

Man you are fuckin retarded, clearly they were just sitting on the zone line, which is stupid as shit that they even have that behavior, so you and the ghost ships have something in common it seems

Your "base" is hilarious, do us a favor and fuck off

You are just bad at the game. Face it. Learn to sail. Learn mechanics. Or do us all a favour and uninstall the game. We dont need shitbags like you here.

That base is me putting "no hours" into this game. Where is your base? Oh yeah, you dont have one because you keep sinking your ships like a retard.

Edited by Captain Kuro

16 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

You are just bad at the game. Face it. Learn to sail. Learn mechanics. Or do us all a favour and uninstall the game. We dont need shitbags like you here.

That base is me putting "no hours" into this game. Where is your base? Oh yeah, you dont have one because you keep sinking your ships like a retard.

Man assumptions are the only thing youre good at making, and you're not even good at that

Also I see you conceded that I'm right considering you're trying to get to the "conclusion" part of your shit tier essay called, "how to prove to the internet I'm fucking retarded"

I bet you play PvE 

1 minute ago, Tentarro said:

Man assumptions are the only thing youre good at making, and you're not even good at that

Also I see you conceded that I'm right considering you're trying to get to the "conclusion" part of your shit tier essay called, "how to prove to the internet I'm fucking retarded"

I bet you play PvE 

Im bored now. Get good or fuck off

49 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

Im bored now. Get good or fuck off

If you're bored why did you even bother replying? Big think right there, dumbass

On 12/31/2018 at 7:35 PM, Spiritwind said:

Right now I feel like they have ships of the damned completely wrong.

As of this moment, ships of the damned have been nothing but a disaster to my gaming experience on Atlas, and they seem to get worse with every patch.  Even with the decrease in spawns, I still see about 2 whenever I'm sailing.  Every ship I've built has been destroyed either while sailing or while offline by ships of the damned.  

Now its even worse with them attacking rafts.  Even with the bare minimums for sea travel, I can no longer travel without worrying about being completely wiped out and wasting HOURS due to a single npc ship that decided it wanted to sink a piece of drift wood.  Now I can't even log in without seeing that most, if not all, of my rafts that were parked near a beach have been sunk.

If anything is going to ruin my atlas experience, its not the players raiding, its the damned ships of the damned...  

Now, don't get me wrong.  I think Ships of the Damned could be something awesome.  I just think there are a few changes that need to be done.

Ships of the damned should be near legend.  They should be rare, at most maybe one or two per square.  In reality maybe one per 2-3 squares.  They should have more health, more damage, but less speed.  They should either not attack ships without cannons, or should at least not attack rafts.  Their loot should be drastically increased to match the increase in difficulty (and to actually make them worth fighting).  

In other words, Ships of the Damned should be something that everyone talks about, but nobody really sees.  Should be something larger alliances are hunting, but in groups rather than alone.  Should take at least 2-3 brigs or 2 Galleons to take one down.

But yeah, 96 hours into the game and the only thing that has really made me question whether or not I should be playing this is the Ships of the damned.  They are nothing but an annoyance for 90% of the players right now.  They either need massive changes done or they need to just be removed altogether.  I can promise you, as they are now, if they were removed only a small handful of players would miss them, and everyone else would be thanking you.  Don't think this is what you want with them.

I agree with this view of them.  They should be rare.  Drop rare items and be more difficult to take down. 

As to the other argument we have lost a Schooner to a SoTD and have outrun them.  Last time we were overweight when an SoTD enaged and was doing some damage.  We had no choice but to dump some of our repair cargo and gear that can be replaced.  We then gained speed and out-ran the SoTD and saved our primary cargo. 

I don't mind overloading some, but if a SoTD is keeping up be ready to pull a Han Solo and dump your cargo. 

Edited by DocHolliday
update content

gnna second this shyte....

Seems the further I go, more and more of the annoying pieces of shyte show up in my path...

I passed through one zone trying to dodge no less than almost 15-20 of the damn AoD,  lvl 5 to 37... on a damn raft, no soon I get clear of one pod then there's another. 
  Far as I can tell the 'system' is deliberately spawning the things in the path of sailors.        Give em a path, route and areas rather than jsut plunking the darn things down.

It's bad enough some of the resources are a pita to get and req's crossed fingers someones got some to trade rather than trying to sail across the darn map for as rare as some area.

Edited by DeadMeat

Hopefully they set up a market place of some kind in Freeports.  Sell excess resources there and it will help build the economy.  I assume thats on the to do list.  Long way to go before official launch. 

Edited by DocHolliday

On 12/31/2018 at 8:41 PM, AdriaticWhisper said:

How hard would it be to make a code that has the Damned ships to ignore the rafts/sloops UNLESS they're attacked by the people on the raft/sloop?

Picture this:  Sail out on a raft and get close to the SOTD, then jump off the raft and start hitting it with your weapon.  It kills you, you respawn on your bed on your raft nearby, swim out, grab your weapon from your corpse, and repeat.  Over and over.  Obviously it was being exploited, so now the SOTD attack rafts

Even in a sloop you can get pretty close without them aggro'ing you, I'd imagine a raft allows you to get even closer.

And for the guy who was loading his raft up with metal and complaining he couldn't evade them... the other guy was right, you need to learn from your mistakes.  Otherwise you're just going to keep repeating the same mistakes and getting more frustrated.  A raft isn't a cargo ship, it's not meant for transporting large amounts of anything that you clearly know is very heavy.

Edit: I completely forgot to include my actual point/suggestion!  Raise your sails and slow your speed as you cross the server line.  Once you're over and give a minute or so for things to spawn, then increase your speed again.  I learned this lesson the hard way... many times!  haha.  Otherwise you zoom right into them before they even load, and you're ship is sinking before you know what hit you...

Edited by Domino
  • Like 1

If you're having issues with SotD while changing zones then I suggest building a dinghy dock and using a dinghy to scout ahead for SotD. We were following this rule and I decided not to and we spawned into a SotD. We had little wind and over 50% weight but we got away. Encounter happens at 2:58:00. I was on the struggle bus a little bit but we got away because when I took him across two zones, he stopped attacking. Lesson that we learned, always scout ahead, don't ever get comfortable at sea. For general tips you want to keep their bow (front) facing you. They will turn to try and take a broadside shot. It may be feasible to turn with them, taking the same angle they do so the angle of attack is too steep for the canons and then immediately turn back into them to force them to make another correction. In most cases that should put you far enough ahead to avoid them.

Broadside shots are devastating up close but if you have a little more wind than what we had and some distance, you can let them take a broadside, then turn into it, they might get one more shot off but their next turn will be so big that you should have the distance to outrun their aggro range.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/357340745?t=02h58m14s

Edited by CoOpGamerCouple

On 1/2/2019 at 7:57 AM, Captain Kuro said:

It can. I have done it every single time I have used a raft. Stop making excuses for your mistakes. Stop Over-weighing your Rafts, and sail them correctly.

I'm not making an excuse for anything.  I'm stating you're out of your fucking mind if you think an empty raft could ever out-distance an aggro'd SotD.  Go ahead and try to prove otherwise.  You won't.

Well... I've been at sea in various ships for 10+ hours and we've seen doznes of them but only 1 has attacked when we were not ready and we simply outran it... others we've sunk. Maybe we've been lucky, but I don't see it as an issue. We went looking for them last night to sink for NPC's and couldn't find any in almost an hour.

You need to make sure that you're not so loaded with weight that you can't move at a good speed.

I'm not too certain that rafts were meant to be sailed for hours on end.

I'm not disagreeing that they need a nerf or something done, just saying I haven't seen these same problems, we've been able to avoid them.

Maybe they should have less of them? I just think it's silly that they never attack rafts. Why wouldn't they?

Z

1 hour ago, Drahos said:

I'm not making an excuse for anything.  I'm stating you're out of your fucking mind if you think an empty raft could ever out-distance an aggro'd SotD.  Go ahead and try to prove otherwise.  You won't.

Dont aggro it then. I was literally just within a grappling hook throw of 3 SotDs and they didnt aggro. 

I do not understand the complaint about rafts being fired on by SotD. You have to get really really REALLY close for them to aggro on a raft and if you are that close to one on a raft you are probably one of the people contributing to the need for this change.

11 hours ago, Captain Kuro said:

Dont aggro it then. I was literally just within a grappling hook throw of 3 SotDs and they didnt aggro. 

I don't disagree with that.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:35 PM, Spiritwind said:

Every ship I've built has been destroyed either while sailing or while offline by ships of the damned. 

I call bullshit. Nothing in your log tells you how your ship was destroyed. So how do you know it was SotD?