Iricinme

Remove Banks/Tax's

2 hours ago, Ankhwearer said:

Note, I have some support for a claim cap. But it isn't the ONLY option.

I'd argue it will only make things worse. People already feel they stand no chance against large companies claiming entire regions. Capping flags limits your claims sure but it solves nothing except solo/small tribe spam. Which is easily contested after protection drops.

Edited by Nari

There is no reason to have a tax system on a PvE server. It's an invitation for people to grief. Are people supposed to claim as much land as they can and put taxes on it, and in return they won't provide anything to the people who build there? 

In PvP it's different, because it lies in both parts' interest to have the tax system. Smaller (tribe/player) pays taxes in return of protection. 

It's wrong to have a tax system in a PvE server. It's not a matter of opinions, it's seriously WRONG. 

4 hours ago, Psykonalle said:

There is no reason to have a tax system on a PvE server. It's an invitation for people to grief. Are people supposed to claim as much land as they can and put taxes on it, and in return they won't provide anything to the people who build there? 

In PvP it's different, because it lies in both parts' interest to have the tax system. Smaller (tribe/player) pays taxes in return of protection. 

It's wrong to have a tax system in a PvE server. It's not a matter of opinions, it's seriously WRONG. 

There is, to help with People farming your Land dry 24/7

There only Needs to be a Claim Limit.

33 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

I agree, with limited claims your first part makes a lot of sense, preserve the resources around your base if people wish to farm them, you get something back as it will hinder your progression, but the tax system linked with claim spam just rewards those who were able to get on the server first, grefiers and people who stole claims. i think even removing the decay of resources near a built base would make this work even better, they have it on lawless, so should be easy to do. This would benefit smaller companies or solo players two as harvesting it a lot slower for us.

Overall, I just don't like the idea of rewarding people who over take a whole island preventing others from joining and forcing them into the lawless region. There's no mutual ground with how things currently are. It's, "i was here first, follow my rules or gtfo"

Edited by Herasea

@Heraseaif it even worked like " i was here 1st now gtfo" , ive had 2 shipyards and a base stolen from me im a solo player so only took 2 small land claims. Refreshed them yesterday , got on 10 hr later my shipyard claimed and his claiming my building as well. Looked around he already took over my neighbours building even when he was sleeping in it. Oh and i did find a wolf in my base have a airlock system all around me cause animals can attack through 1 stone wall. He was stuck between it , only thing i can think about that is the guy claiming our land managed to gwt the wolf inside thw house and to kill us. Anyways warned him to removed that flag or i will go sink his schooner didnt listen and i dont have the time to just sit in my base so 1 guy could take it over so demolished my base and sunk the schooner. If they want to mess with people im not against playing dirty either. The amount of players atm that just try to take over others buildings in pve is crazy... Oh and the protection system on claim flags bugged as all hell ive seen people take over claims while the defender was standing in it . Some flags have a negative timer that you cant take over at all . They really need to add some upkeep cost for flags if it goes past 2 or something. And if you think 2 is small place them in the sea and there you already own 1/4th of the medium sized island.

Edited by JackTheWack

I worded the last part wrong, because i agree it's not just first come, but also people abusing the currently broken system as well. The system currently rewards greed, you can claim a whole island and tax people and they can't do anything about it. better saying is "abuse the system or gtfo".

1 hour ago, Caduryn said:

If by claiming others can still build on your claims then no, there doesn't have to be a claim limit as it has no function.

If you mean that others still wouldn't be able to build, I am interest in hearing how you were thinking there(?).

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, Captain_Redbeard said:

We have a bank too. Everyone on the island who is a friendly neighbour gets invited into an alliance with us and doesnt pay tax. Every crybaby who likes to insult people pays 30% tax. Problem solved for us 😛

Does this actually work this way?  I feel like we are paying taxes to Alliance members.  (or maybe the trees in their lands suck compared to ours lol)

I'm not totally sure on the Benefits that come with the alliance, outside of having a common chat, and their players/names will show up at a distance

21 hours ago, Vaenix said:

This game is not designed to allow you to play solo or in a super small group of friends, be diplomatic and work with each other.

So what you are saying is screw everyone who likes to play solo or with a small group of friends because it does not suit your ideal game plan?  Come on every single mmo out there has always been able to be played by solo's and im not a solo player I just find that comment to be......

36 minutes ago, Iricinme said:

So what you are saying is screw everyone who likes to play solo or with a small group of friends because it does not suit your ideal game plan?  Come on every single mmo out there has always been able to be played by solo's and im not a solo player I just find that comment to be......

Not every MMO.

I like more the aproach of heavy coop demand. Love that in Life is Feudal.

Maybe a diferent srv for solo player?

Not a solo player, but I did play LiF and even there solo could hold land without much of an issue.   Would like to see that style of land claiming done here but wouldnt matter, chinese hordes will still take over the "100's" of islands in the game.   This land claiming is just dumb.

I have noticed no difference between areas that have the 30% tax and areas that do not with respect to the mats I've gathered.  Perhaps before everyone goes crazy on this that should be clarified... and by clarified I mean officially get an answer. Not independent antidotal testing which might be due to lag or specific type of tree etc.  

On 1/3/2019 at 11:01 AM, kolonelu said:

DEVS please solve the claim cap , only 2 claim per company 

Looks like the solution they settled on is that each flag past the first one makes your flags decay faster. Interesting.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:17 PM, Castalia said:

I have noticed no difference between areas that have the 30% tax and areas that do not with respect to the mats I've gathered.  Perhaps before everyone goes crazy on this that should be clarified... and by clarified I mean officially get an answer. Not independent antidotal testing which might be due to lag or specific type of tree etc.  

from testing it seems the bank generates the tax based on whats farmed ,its not actually taking from what u farm ...

tested on the same trees as they respawned over 10 farms there was no difference in amounts farmed with or without taxes

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, Iricinme said:

@Iricinme  I'm not saying screw the solo players.  I'm saying that they need to work together instead of thinking that they can keep to themselves.  We are very happy to rent land(10% or less tax depending)  to people or even help them build boats, but the idea is to control the resource area so that no one has to run all over the map to get wood because every solo player wants their 1x1 hut.

Edited by Vaenix
misclicked