Iricinme

Remove Banks/Tax's

They have no place on pve with a 30% tax rate with the massive land claiming and the chinese hordes that are out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Iricinme said:

They have no place on pve with a 30% tax rate with the massive land claiming and the chinese hordes that are out there.

Wont solve anything, if People can Claim, they will, just to harass others.

The one and only fix will be a Claim Cap

We have a bank too. Everyone on the island who is a friendly neighbour gets invited into an alliance with us and doesnt pay tax. Every crybaby who likes to insult people pays 30% tax. Problem solved for us 😛

Our issue is chinese have claim jumped the whole island othwerise the rest of us are in an alliance so we all get screwed

thats the point in this game, those who claim land can tax it. jus thope you run into people who aren't dicks and can let you claim atleast a spot on the island. 

Bank is 0-30% and has no impact on players who gather at all from what I've seen. People in the area I have taxed at 30% to test have still been getting the normal range of 160-200+ wood (with the 2.5x event)

On 12/31/2018 at 1:12 AM, Iricinme said:

Go to a lawless zone - there is no taxes. Issue resolved. 

I think that the tax system itself is fine, the poblem is the tax system combined with the option for each player to claim as much land as they want to. If they would put in a cap for how many claims you can have (at least for PvE) then this would be totaly fine.

As this is an MMORPG, big companies need to be able to claim more than smaller companies. I play with 2 friends together, so we are a small company and understand that bigger companies have some advantages. And this is fine and should not be destroyed. But being able to claim a whole island with a small company of 3-5 people is crazy in PvE. Even as bigger company you couldn't kill them to get the land for yourself, so there is not much you can do.

You don't actually lose any resources when gathering in a taxable area, its generates new resources for the players who own the territory and thats it.

I've tested and get the exact same resources in territories with 30% tax.

3 hours ago, neferseki said:

You don't actually lose any resources when gathering in a taxable area, its generates new resources for the players who own the territory and thats it.

this although that may yet be a placeholder , until they work out how to add resources collected from players mining the land 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, neferseki said:

On 1/1/2019 at 4:56 AM, Mjrnn Evershade said:

Bank is 0-30% and has no impact on players who gather at all from what I've seen. People in the area I have taxed at 30% to test have still been getting the normal range of 160-200+ wood (with the 2.5x event)

Simple test outside my house wood gathered no tax per tree: 119,109,101,108,113,103.

I walked across my flag into the neighbours 30% tax get this many wood per tree: 74,80,70,84.

Maybe you guys tested it before it was working correctly? But right now on live, this is how it works. 30% tax = 30% of the items someone gather goes to you.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, Caduryn said:

NO war declaration is the only solution, with land claims only possible in lawless, corps must declare war to possess another's land - and PVP is enabled. Fight it out...destroy all that you can and conquer the opposition. This is what the game IS all about, why people PLAY the fantasy game, to take the law into their own hands, in a world where our laws are predesigned to stop such things. This is the wild west and people think they can make a go of it. LET THEM.....!

Look a CLAIM is a legal occurrence yet your in LAWLESSNESS. WTF is the right to make a LEGAL CLAIM doing in a place with NO LAW. Your building IS your claim and that's IT...!

Edited by hands solo

taxes is pve is just a NO. there is no reason or purpose to it. Othat than giving free resources to someone just because they were lucky enough to get there first and spam an entire island with flags.

personally  i just challenge them, claim them for myself and set them to 0 tax to any land near mine. If they don't like it they cant deal with my claim spams until  I get it. Either way i only claim whats outside my door, if they want to run from across the island to resist a claim..thats on them.

Pretty soon people will just start bouy bombing islands and that will solve the tax issue for mass claimers at 30%

Just now, Iricinme said:

Pretty soon people will just start bouy bombing islands and that will solve the tax issue for mass claimers at 30%

LoL it wont, People love to grief with Buoys for NO reason

On 12/31/2018 at 1:11 AM, Pax said:

the company that owns it sets the % 10-30 

0-30%.

We have our tax set to a reasonable 7%-9%. This is to account for our time spent holding the resource areas and keeping them free of buildings that would stop them from respawning.

Taxes of any kind in a game where we have land claims are 100% reasonable whether we are on PVE or PVP.  Both game modes are typically people controlling building area for resources whether you like that or not.  In PVE people will try to claim wherever they can and build over important resource nodes just to place a bed down.  It's rather important to keep every "solo player" from building their own little spot spamming islands and preventing resources.  Unless the resource respawn radius gets lowered down to allow the resources to spawn right next to bases this will always be a problem.  Personally I think the tax building needs an expansion to allow it to handle claim flags individually and a better alliance system to allow people to build in certain areas with no decay or need for a claim that way companies can give out land without losing the area so the management of the island can be more expanded.   This game is not designed to allow you to play solo or in a super small group of friends, be diplomatic and work with each other.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:28 PM, Caduryn said:

"Only fix"?

Not very imaginative. 

How about a "capital claim", where your claim flags in that region have a one day, others outside of that region have fast decay?

How about the need to repair flags?

How about no decay, but a 24 hour challenge window where the current owner needs to remove the challenge flag to hold their claim? And no bed fast travel...

How about anything where holding flags itsrlf is work. So you just make work for yourself by placing more flags?

There are lots of systems. They have pluses and minuses. Your suggestion has the benefit of simplicity, but it isn't the only fix.

Note, I have some support for a claim cap. But it isn't the ONLY option. I'd actually like a three flag per player cap one the first six days after a server wipe, unlimited after that. It's the land rush that is the problem, I feel. Too much advantage for first to reach a new island. But once the core territories are established, I feel that growth and economic/territory conflict are a good thing.