Dragoon

Okay, how exactly do claim flags work.

Just now, 3sixtyy said:

U need 25 min to take someone land

I believe it is 40 minutes.

30 minutes to remove their flag, 10 minutes to place your flag, not including disruptions.

3 minutes ago, Berzerkeur said:

Also, i'm pretty sure, when you contest an area of compayny say X.

If people of company Y or Z walk in the flag is contested, reseting your 30 minutes timer for the claim so...

Yes an random passerby will pause your claim progression, when they leave the area it will resume after about 10 seconds but adds 5 minutes to it. Rather annoying if it is in a busy area where people are harvesting everything.

What I did, I just try my luck and pres f1 then I saw blue flag and start claiming the land. Then show me the text u start stealing the land from company with cordinates and i wait 29min and claimed the land. That's all and now I have small land with shipyard and little house

Edited by 3sixtyy

29 minutes ago, 3sixtyy said:

What I did, I just try my luck and pres f1 then I saw blue flag and start claiming the land. Then show me the text u start stealing the land from company with cordinates and i wait 29min and claimed the land. That's all and now I have small land with shipyard and little house

Yes that's how it works, although blue flag doesn't necessarily mean you will start claiming it.

But one thing i'm not sure about, as someone was saying about the owner only being able to stop claims or something, but if you have 2 people in your company, one being the person that placed the flag, the other being another crew member. If the other crew member logs off sleeping on your land, and you, the person that placed the flag then goes off exploring, farming, whatever, can your land be claimed, or is it prevented because the other crew member (the one that didn't place the flag) is sleeping on the land?

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

So does that mean the moment you leave your area to go farming or exploring someone can start to contest it straight away? Which would mean you need to keep coming back or fast travelling back every 20 minutes or so?

Yep.

As already mentioned a workaround is possible if you want to explore. This is tho only an option on PVE servers. 

Put a bed on your ship with a box and just venture out as usual. If you see the pop-up that your land is being claimed simply put up a campfire, lit it and jump into it to die fast and respawn at you homebase bed. When the claim is canceled then simply repeat the process and spawn back at your ship bed. The only problem that may occur is someone intentionally trolling you with continuously putting the claim flag up.

21 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yes that's how it works, although blue flag doesn't necessarily mean you will start claiming it.

But one thing i'm not sure about, as someone was saying about the owner only being able to stop claims or something, but if you have 2 people in your company, one being the person that placed the flag, the other being another crew member. If the other crew member logs off sleeping on your land, and you, the person that placed the flag then goes off exploring, farming, whatever, can your land be claimed, or is it prevented because the other crew member (the one that didn't place the flag) is sleeping on the land?

As I dont have any other crewmebers I cant confirm it, but if the other person has full rights set in the company menu then I guess it should work.

13 minutes ago, Loni said:

Yep.

As already mentioned a workaround is possible if you want to explore. This is tho only an option on PVE servers. 

Put a bed on your ship with a box and just venture out as usual. If you see the pop-up that your land is being claimed simply put up a campfire, lit it and jump into it to die fast and respawn at you homebase bed. When the claim is canceled then simply repeat the process and spawn back at your ship bed. The only problem that may occur is someone intentionally trolling you with continuously putting the claim flag up.

As I dont have any other crewmebers I cant confirm it, but if the other person has full rights set in the company menu then I guess it should work.

Yeah when I was travelling for ages via raft I stored everything in a box and fast travelled back to base, then fast travelled back to the raft. I wasn't sure whether the claim pop-up appears when you are in a different regions, so if it does then that's good as long as i'm paying attention to the screen all the time, but yeah the fast travel will be useful for that.

Yeah the message pops up no matter where you are. only issue i found is there is no way to look at a log. It flashes up for a couple of seconds then gone, i can't find it again to check. If i was to pee and miss the message i could happily carry on sailing not knowing someone is stealing my base? 

16 minutes ago, Crumpet_love said:

Yeah the message pops up no matter where you are. only issue i found is there is no way to look at a log. It flashes up for a couple of seconds then gone, i can't find it again to check. If i was to pee and miss the message i could happily carry on sailing not knowing someone is stealing my base? 

Yes that is concerning. What they could do is, besides the notification for a few seconds, they could place an icon on the screen that stays there for the duration until either the claim is completed or you go back to stop it. Otherwise if people step away from their screen for a few seconds they'll be thinking I gotta go back to base just to be sure.

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yes that is concerning. What they could do is, besides the notification for a few seconds, they could place an icon on the screen that stays there for the duration until either the claim is completed or you go back to stop it. Otherwise if people step away from their screen for a few seconds they'll be thinking I gotta go back to base just to be sure.

this 100% problem is the oyyl safe flag is the one that u log out under 😕 as long as the flag claim area over lasp where u log out it cant be claimed , anything else timers are too short and they dont refresh 😞