Dragoon

Okay, how exactly do claim flags work.

We have a bit of land, We all run through the land everyday, at a minimum once a day.  I replaced all flags yesterday morning.  First thing this morning I ran through all of the land. Yet this morning, after I had been through, someone was able to steal some land.  What happened to 3 days before they are able to claim land?

Sounds like your tax land. Meaning you didn't have anything built within the aoe and no one was occupying the territory during contention. It's a good thing these extra claims can be contested otherwise flag spammers would control everything.

13 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

We have a bit of land, We all run through the land everyday, at a minimum once a day.  I replaced all flags yesterday morning.  First thing this morning I ran through all of the land. Yet this morning, after I had been through, someone was able to steal some land.  What happened to 3 days before they are able to claim land?

Bottom line, they don't work.

Apparently the 72 hour protection is only for the first 72 hours the owner places the flag, after that, unless you camp on the claim, then someone can start contesting it and in 30 mins they will own your claim and whatever was on it.

Having structures on the land does nothing to stop someone, only having a person from your company on the claim can stop a steal, but the owner is the only one that can reverse the contest as long as they get there before the owners flag drops completely.

So the game of exploration is now all about staying on your plot and not going anywhere, ever, because the moment you do, you will lose your stuff if you can't get back in time, or if you sleep, or log out.  Unless you log out on your claim, then that means you are abandoning any other ones you have.

1 minute ago, Phantomstrk said:

but the owner is the only one that can reverse the contest as long as they get there before the owners flag drops completely.

So you are saying not just anyone form the company, but the actual claim owner?

13 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

So you are saying not just anyone form the company, but the actual claim owner?

yes the actual flag owner has to be there...once the owners flag is gone, then anyone can contest the person trying to claim the land but by that point it's public land

44 minutes ago, Phantomstrk said:

Apparently the 72 hour protection is only for the first 72 hours the owner places the flag, after that, unless you camp on the claim, then someone can start contesting it and in 30 mins they will own your claim and whatever was on it.

then they need to fix it to start when u log out now when u place flag:/ what a silly thing for devs to do accidental maybe .. id like ot think so 

42 minutes ago, Phantomstrk said:

yes the actual flag owner has to be there...once the owners flag is gone, then anyone can contest the person trying to claim the land but by that point it's public land

Not true...

I had a random naked running through land I was trying to claim and it kept interrupting and adding time back to the clock.

Don't claim more land than you need, log out on the land you need problem solved. Seems like Everytime I read one of these posts it is made by a claim spammer, who is having issues keeping the 20 lands he claimed by himself.

Edited by Mscarn
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mscarn said:

Don't claim more land than you need, log out on the land you need problem solved. Seems like Everytime I read one of these posts it is made by a claim spammer, who is having issues keeping the 20 lands he claimed by himself.

Yep, Exactly!

Its not hard to log out on your main land, even if you far away from home, just put your stuff in box on your ship, drop the anker, tele to your main house, log out.

When you log in again, the next day, tele back to your bed on your ship, problem is solved.

This is what i do, ever day, it takes me max 2-3min, to do all this.

no its not only the claim spammer, me and my team have only 2 claim ( the land and the water connected to it ) and we have the same problem

Oh...so would this count for tribe owners only being able to take down flags contesting land?

I got one flag on an island i put up before joining our clans tribe and someone tried to steal it yesterday, i couldn't reverse their flag at all but our tribe leader came over to help and reversed it. 

problem is unless your log out /sleep area covers more than one claim radius you will wake u to just the flag on yor base , if your shipyard is in your second claim flag then its fucked 😕 as can be claimed even though it is overlapping the radius u have logged out in , each flag is treated as a separate entity , 

sp u hqve to be logged out in all areas that u have claimed 😕 not sure how that work, but it needs changing so all flags are linked and treated as one area 

on another note pve players are too fixated on land claims u need to do so much traveling , you wont be spending much time in your base or that is what the game is meant to be , u are supposed to be at sea exploring and collecting resources to return to bases every few days /weeks ,

as long as players are not claiming and building on resource areas and are only building on beaches (pve) then 1-2 flags is enough even 1 if u place it to cover shipyard as well as base 

Edited by UDO

Just explain to me how you lose your land.

I'm bored of finding innocuped territory with a flag, but no structure, no sleeping player. And when i tried to claim them, it's immediatly contested and I can't take it. And there is f***ing nobody in the zone.

And for record, it one flag of one company et there is no other flag of them on the island...

Edited by Berzerkeur

2 minutes ago, Berzerkeur said:

Just explain to me how you lose your land.

I'm bored of finding innocuped territory with a flag, but no structure, no sleeping player. And when i tried to claim them, it's immediatly contested and I can't take it. And there is f***ing nobody in the zone.

And for record, it one flag of one company et there is no other flag of them on the island...

hey may logged out and sleeping in the area , u need to explore the full flag claim area first , if they are sleeping in the area it will auto contested , 

Just now, UDO said:

hey may logged out and sleeping in the area , u need to explore the full flag claim area first , if they are sleeping in the area it will auto contested , u say no sleeper there has to be if its a one flag claim area

Yes but no one is sleeping in the area... That's the problem, I checked every piece of land and sea, listening for someone sleeping, climbing every mountain and rock. And there is nobody. Unless they are under map or something...

What u must look is timer above flags. This timer show's when u can contest if no timer that's mean u can contest and claim the land. I do that way and claimed the land

1 minute ago, 3sixtyy said:

What u must look is timer above flags. This timer show's when u can contest if no timer that's mean u can contest and claim the land. I do that way and claimed the land

so is this timer only showing on new flags as my new neigbor new flags placed 2 days ago has no timer 😕 , how does the timer show up ?

I'm not dumb... You can't place flag if timer is still running... The timer is expired/not here and I can put the damn flag so it's not the case here.

When there is a timer you can't physically place the flag, when there is no timer you can.

Edited by Berzerkeur

1 minute ago, 3sixtyy said:

A timer? All I see is a small red flag above the flags.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

same , no timer yet i can contest the area 

5 hours ago, Phantomstrk said:

So does that mean the moment you leave your area to go farming or exploring someone can start to contest it straight away? Which would mean you need to keep coming back or fast travelling back every 20 minutes or so?

Just now, UDO said:

same , no timer yet i can contest the area 

Unless he's talking about the timer you see when you press F1 but before you place the flag. But the fact the flag is either red or blue gives away whether you can place it, but doesn't necessarily mean it won't be auto-contested.

Also, i'm pretty sure, when you contest an area of compayny say X.

If people of company Y or Z walk in the flag is contested, reseting your 30 minutes timer for the claim so...

6 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

same , no timer yet i can contest the area and this guy was on yesterday 😕 

Z0Zolyb.jpg

Edited by UDO

U need 25 min to take someone land

Place the flage and go around must be player near so interrupt ur timer