Ruse

suggestion claims company Guards for hire to protect land claimes.

So something simple. In addition to having a cap for land claims by a single company perhaps there can be a system for hiring gaurds to protect your territory. They can be killed in both play styles but require gold to keep them protecting your land. By protect, I mean they prevent random claims on your already claimed land so you can actually leave and sail and explore. Having to stay on your claim kinda takes away the exploration aspect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AbyssalFlames said:

cant you place your crew members on cannons at your base already to do this? they dont protect your territory but they do protect bases. 

Ye im pretty sure you can already do that

9 hours ago, AbyssalFlames said:

cant you place your crew members on cannons at your base already to do this? they dont protect your territory but they do protect bases. 

So if you buy crew, you can station them at a canon and people can't try to claim your land if they're there but you're gone? I haven't gotten to the point of needing AI crew but if this works then I'll definitely be hiring some next time I'm on.

I dont thinkits that they cant try and claim your territory. The crew cant contest for you. however they will protect your base from being raided. 

On 12/31/2018 at 5:16 PM, GunnyTheGrey said:

No, it would not. that is what he is suggesting: That crew can prevent PvE claim contesting, as long as they are paid.

Yes! Exactly this. Just some way to enjoy the game outside of dwelling on land forever.

I would love to see an actual "guard".

Like if you had a building like a "guard post" that you could assign NPCs to that could get their gear and supplies from and where you can give them parameters of aggression so that players can use the guard system to effectively make player towns and outposts to instigate a sort of rule of law.