BitterAsteroid

Ghost Ships Need New Stats

So that is the 3rd sloop that i have built only to sail it out to sea and be instantly destroyed by ghost ships.... I have no ability to defend myself as my ship had only swivels which apparently does nothing........ I think that the ghost ship needs a massive nerf to damage and speed and shouldnt be able to attack unarmed ships that cant fight back. I know some people are saying that the ghost ships are raid bosses and are for endgame content but cmon, i cant even sail a raft in one direction to get where im going without being attacked by a ghost ship, and if i try with a sloop..... i am getting tired of being destroyed by ghost ships.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BitterAsteroid said:

why is it that everytime i sail with a sloop it gets destroyed

i cant fight back....

they should only be able to attack armed ships

Maybe because it is a sloop?

i understand that but a sloop is like nothing just a bigger ship to sail......... no guns nothing but yet i get attacked and sunk right away. just tired spending a lot of time making it to get sunk at the first sign of a ghost ship

23 minutes ago, Percieval said:

meaning what? sloops are without a purpose in this game? lol wtf...

And dont tell me theyre easy to avoid, they STILL camp borders, cant avoid zoning on top of one.

Edited by McGimp

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

You sir literally just need kicked off the forums. you do nothing but lurk around, talk shit, and VERY rarely have anything constructive to say. Fucking troller. Get off the forums or actually help the cause?

• Like 2

Just now, Jerryn said:

The forum is open to all, as are all of the threads.

If you do not like what someone is posting, there is an option to Ignore their Posts, Messages, Mentions, and Signatures.

Just hover over their avatar and when the pop up appears, click Ignore User.  At the next window, pick the items you want to ignore for that user.

if the user is constantly putting down the forum community and talking trash, what's the point of having them within the community? it's poison and pointless banter that's just going to cause considerable trash talk. Such as he has done in the past on here. Please read Rule number 1. *Copy and pasted directly from Articles Of Agreement*

Thank you.

Official Forum Articles of Agreement

All sailors, swashbucklers, and landlubbers are invited to join the forums and participate in discussions (notwithstanding any VAC bans on Steam you may have). Though fair thee warned, you’ll need to abide by the following rules;

1. Respect all members of the community. Any behaviour that involves racism, discrimination, or personalized harassment (outlined further below under ‘Warnings’) will not be tolerated. You will quickly find yourself thrown overboard. 

2. Do not continually bump threads or post spam

3. Do not create posts discussing in-game and/or forum bans & warnings. 
Forum bans and warnings should be discussed via support ticket using the ticket type Forums and Forums Accounts. 

4. Do not abuse the Official ATLAS Forms (linked above) with multiple related submissions, or false reports.

5. You are not allowed alternate forum accounts. Any rascals found with multiple accounts will be subject to a 30-day period marooned on a desert island (forum ban). If you are unable to access your initial account, please submit a ticket on our support site.

Follow these five simple rules and none of ye shall meet the hangman. 

i mean by all means, if you don't want to follow the rules and enforce them, why have them?

• Like 1

Warnings:
As stated in rule one, harassment will not be tolerated. Captains and First Mates will decide what defines personalized harassment. Try to be friendly and courteous with your fellow Pathfinders. We understand that on the high seas, things can get a little salty - however, we would ask you don't go overboard. If necessary, we will step in and scoundrels will be measured for their chains. 

Failure to follow the rules/guidelines can result in a warning. You may receive a warning in the form of "warning points" for spamming, inappropriate language, signature violation, excessive topic bumping, or generally abusive behaviour. If you receive multiple warnings, it may lead to site restrictions, and eventually banishment from the forums; sinking down to Davy Jones’ Locker. 

Wanted to go ahead and post the warnings in here as well for the MODERATOR who posted in here stating to just ignore the person. Ignoring doesn't fix the problem.

• Like 2

Just now, Jerryn said:

If you think someone is violating the rules, then use the Report feature and the moderation staff can review, and take action if necessary.

You're a moderator. You're aware of the situation... ????

Also by all means, if there's a way to report a member and not just his post... please, inform us.

• Like 1

Lol nevermind JERRYN. I just went through and looked at your previous posts. You don't do much at all on the forums. The most you seem to do is just ask people to take it to direct message or "in game". because you know... that fixes problems. What a moderator you are. Good job buddy. Smh.

Edited by Boredaholic
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

You're a moderator. You're aware of the situation... ????

Also by all means, if there's a way to report a member and not just his post... please, inform us.

If you report a member's post, any disciplinary action taken affects the User.

As for this specific user in mind, there is nothing disrespectful nor harassing about saying "maybe because it's a sloop". While it's true that it does downplay what damage that type of ship can dish out, it in no way disrespects anyone.

1 minute ago, Eli said:

If you report a member's post, any disciplinary action taken affects the User.

As for this specific user in mind, there is nothing disrespectful nor harassing about saying "maybe because it's a sloop". While it's true that it does downplay what damage that type of ship can dish out, it in no way disrespects anyone.

His specific post in this thread is very much a very "slight" disturbance compared to some of his previous conversations and from what i've seen while digging around there's no "report user" option. It's literally just a report post. He's got hundreds of posts i'm not going to waste my time to get a troll kicked off of some forums that the moderator's cant seem to do much on. Good luck guys. Very disappointing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

His specific post in this thread is very much a very "slight" disturbance compared to some of his previous conversations and from what i've seen while digging around there's no "report user" option. It's literally just a report post. He's got hundreds of posts i'm not going to waste my time to get a troll kicked off of some forums that the moderator's cant seem to do much on. Good luck guys. Very disappointing.

So does this mean you believe that the mature thing to do is to derail a thread by kicking up a fuss over what you yourself admitted to be a "slight" disturbance?

It is a non-issue. His post in this thread is a non-issue. Move on and either ignore the user, discuss something relevant to the topic, or just stop perusing a thread with a user you dislike.

As to the OP, Ships of the Damned are still being monitored for balance changes. Unfortunately that's one of the things that can easily slip past QA because well, knowledge and experience can easily blind a person with bias. We all in testing end up having knowledge about how the myriad creatures and enemies work so what ends up easy to us due to experience could end up being a difficult battle for those that have yet to encounter them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eli said:

So does this mean you believe that the mature thing to do is to derail a thread by kicking up a fuss over what you yourself admitted to be a "slight" disturbance?

It is a non-issue. His post in this thread is a non-issue. Move on and either ignore the user, discuss something relevant to the topic, or just stop perusing a thread with a user you dislike.

As to the OP, Ships of the Damned are still being monitored for balance changes. Unfortunately that's one of the things that can easily slip past QA because well, knowledge and experience can easily blind a person with bias. We all in testing end up having knowledge about how the myriad creatures and enemies work so what ends up easy to us due to experience could end up being a difficult battle for those that have yet to encounter them.

I'm pursuing the thread due to the comments from moderators now.

The answer's I've seen from all of the moderators regarding banter have all been "Take it private or deal with it in game".

1.) How is that a professional answer?

2.) How is that a professional way to go about it?

3.) How does that fix anything?

4.) See below for ON TOPIC discussion.

if you want me to contribute to the topic and your last paragraph by all means i will.

Ships of the Damned attacking rafts are going to DESTROY any sort of new players trying to explore on rafts to find somewhere. Rafts can't hold a ton of weight. They should not be targeted by ships of the damned ESPECIALLY considering there are still so many instances of loading into a zone while sailing that you load directly into a swarm of them. Rafts have enough to deal with running from whales. Why make it even harder on new players trying to get somewhere in the game?

On a side note, i enjoy the game. The professionalism from the moderators on here is beyond not anywhere to be seen though. Good luck guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boredaholic said:

I'm pursuing the thread due to the comments from moderators now.

The answer's I've seen from all of the moderators regarding banter have all been "Take it private or deal with it in game".

1.) How is that a professional answer?

2.) How is that a professional way to go about it?

3.) How does that fix anything?

4.) See below for ON TOPIC discussion.

if you want me to contribute to the topic and your last paragraph by all means i will.

Ships of the Damned attacking rafts are going to DESTROY any sort of new players trying to explore on rafts to find somewhere. Rafts can't hold a ton of weight. They should not be targeted by ships of the damned ESPECIALLY considering there are still so many instances of loading into a zone while sailing that you load directly into a swarm of them. Rafts have enough to deal with running from whales. Why make it even harder on new players trying to get somewhere in the game?

On a side note, i enjoy the game. The professionalism from the moderators on here is beyond not anywhere to be seen though. Good luck guys.

Rafts have the second lowest SoD aggro range right next to dinghys, and have one of the highest, if not the undisputed highest, sailing speed among ships. These factors should more than easily allow for a player on a raft to evade these perils.

16 minutes ago, Eli said:

Rafts have the second lowest SoD aggro range right next to dinghys, and have one of the highest, if not the undisputed highest, sailing speed among ships. These factors should more than easily allow for a player on a raft to evade these perils.

um... the sailing speed... is that a completely empty ship with 1 person who doesn't have anything on them? or is that fully weighted down trying to get your resources to an island where you're trying to build up outside of the freeport? 

SoD are easy to avoid on Sloops if you sail them correctly. I have been sailing around for 3 days, and not lost a ship to a SoD. Stay with the wind, and dodge about. Most of the time they will turn around. Thats your chance to move past them. 

• Thanks 1

My comment was in regards to loading into a zone and instantly being within a swarm of them. It's happened to TONS of people. Regardless of what you're on. I'm not saying my company hasn't avoided SoD. We've done it quite well. I'm just spouting out questions in regards to new players trying to leave freeports. Because as soon as you're out of the freeport zone, you're fair game for everything.

3 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

um... the sailing speed... is that a completely empty ship with 1 person who doesn't have anything on them? or is that fully weighted down trying to get your resources to an island where you're trying to build up outside of the freeport? 

A raft is not a cargo hauler.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McGimp said:

meaning what? sloops are without a purpose in this game? lol wtf...

And dont tell me theyre easy to avoid, they STILL camp borders, cant avoid zoning on top of one.

You want to fight a ghost ship with a sloop? Be my guest. As far as I’m concerned they are easily dealt with if you have a ship that can actually take one down. 

7 hours ago, Boredaholic said:

You sir literally just need kicked off the forums. you do nothing but lurk around, talk shit, and VERY rarely have anything constructive to say. Fucking troller. Get off the forums or actually help the cause?

Rarely? I’m sorry if constructive stuff bothers you, but all I do here is either give my opinion/concerns, discuss with people about it and give any ideas regarding stuff spoken about in threads. 

6 hours ago, Eli said:

What about when you change to a new zone and get killed by one before you have even loaded in?
Bottom line is SotD are an untested and super powerful addition to a game already riddled with issues. Seems to me some of the shot callers for this game have their priorities screwed up. 

Sailing in this game isnt the most challenging thing ive ever seen, but given the investment required to build ships - why would something like this be released with the game still being so young. Giving us less progressed players ANOTHER challenge to contend with. Why when they were released - over spawning, over aggroing, camping borders, camping coast lines and just being an all around broken addition - were they allowed to stay in the game. I understand the need for balance in an EA but generally speaking you dont want to further break your, already broken game in an effort to add more "content" that nobody asked for and that very few, if any, people wanted.

Edited by McGimp

2 minutes ago, McGimp said:

What about when you change to a new zone and get killed by one before you have even loaded in?
Bottom line is SotD are a super powerful addition to a game already riddled with issues. Seems to me some of the shot callers for this game have their priorities screwed up. 

Sailing in this game isnt the most challenging thing ive ever seen, but given the investment required to build ships - why would something like this be released with the game still being so young. Giving us less progressed players ANOTHER challenge to contend with. Why when they were released - over spawning, over aggroing, camping borders, camping coast lines and just being an all around broken addition - were they allowed to stay in the game. I understand the need for balance in an EA but generally speaking you dont want to further break your, already broken game in an effort to add more "content" that nobody asked for and that very few, if any, people wanted.

You don’t know that though, that’s speculation. The amount of ghost ships was way too much and they shouldn’t be close/aggroing it anywhere near the cost. But from the patch notes we can see that the devs think so too. 

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You don’t know that though, that’s speculation. The amount of ghost ships was way too much and they shouldn’t be close/aggroing it anywhere near the cost. But from the patch notes we can see that the devs think so too. 

The point is, when they finally decided to nerf them, the damage had already been done, and that issue was something that could have been recognized in an in house server. They were rushed in to the game for god knows what reason. Then the response to fix them was delayed, not for hours but for days. Three nerfs later and people largely still dont like them. Granted they arent breaking the game as badly as they once were, they are still killing the fun factor for a good number of us.

Edited by McGimp

Just now, McGimp said:

The point is, when they had done that the damage had been done, and that issue was something that could have been recognized in an in house server. They were rushed in to the game for god knows what reason. Then the response to fix them was delayed, not for hours but for days. Three nerfs later and people largely still dont like them. Granted they arent breaking the game as badly as they once were, they are still killing the fun factor for a good number of us.

I’ve noticed with this game that it is extremely hard to make everyone happy. The small groups/solo want everything easy for them so that they can find land, but as a dev you don’t want to make it too easy for the large companies. 

Large companies are just farming ghost ships easily. Which ofcourse, no harm there. 

To balance it out for the small/new players, I’d suggest (like many others) to make the ghost ships 1) Avoid land and grid borders 2) Dispose the whole ‘wind-ignore’ mechanic, so that you can outrun it easily with a sloop/raft. Ofcourse if it’s not carrying too much weight.