Sign in to follow this  
HANABI

WORST KEYBINDINGS EVER

Hello !! I'm a French player using an AZERTY keyboard ... And i got cancer from trying to make the controls work with a crewed ship, because litteraly NONE of the controls actually work, Z to move forward or close sails ? NOPE

S to close sails ? NOPE

ALT + Q to turn sails ? NOPE

ALT + D to turn sails ? NOPE

Lower Anchor ship ? NOPE

Literaly can't make a ship sail without having to do it myself even if i got NPC crew, what the fuck ?

And why i can't put 2 times the same key for my keybinds, that's so stupid.

WHY DO I HAVE TO USE MY < and W just to steer my ship !! FIX THIS !!

I also agree with this, the keybindings are atrocious to set through menu. Can we have a fix to this, or at least some kind of QoL patch for this down the line? You can set Alt+Whatever through console commands or editing files, but trying to do it through the game's menu is impossible. The problem isn't just for AZERTY keyboards, it's also for QWERTY keyboards too.

Further; there are several keybindings that share keys BY DEFAULT. If you change any of these shared keybindings, (r key as an example), you clear the binds for everything sharing it, and are unable to rebind everything to the shared key again, unless you hit the "reset to default" button, which resets ALL options, even video, to default.

I get that this is early access, but... this is like... early-early-early-pre alpha level release here... not to mention since the devs literally copied and pasted the menu and options system from Ark, I'm surprised that no one in the however-many-years Ark existed so far, never sat down and went... "Hey, this keybinding system sucks. Let's QoL patch that because we care about our players." I have this same problem in Ark with shared hotkeys. There's several that aren't even listed in the menu, like numpads; but they are by default used for selecting tame groups. There's no way to change these binds from the menu however; only file or console.

I'd really love to see this get fixed going forward Devs. Hope a dev checks the post for the recommendation. (Is there even a place to submit recommendations officially?) 

BUMP so the devs can get a look at it ... But i'm gonna reset to default and then play on qwerty.

No choice m8 XD

21 minutes ago, HANABI said:

BUMP so the devs can get a look at it ... But i'm gonna reset to default and then play on qwerty.

No choice m8 XD

If you had a solution, why demanding devs to "!! FIX THIS !!"?  Personally, I'd rather them devote their time to fixing other more important things, like ghost ships.

5 minutes ago, Domino said:

If you had a solution, why demanding devs to "!! FIX THIS !!"?  Personally, I'd rather them devote their time to fixing other more important things, like ghost ships.

I don't even know if reset by default will work, stop trolling on the forums, you're toxic.

19 minutes ago, HANABI said:

stop trolling on the forums, you're toxic.

That's harsh.  On the other hand, I'd say a post demanding anything of anyone is toxic, especially if the OP is claiming the hotkey bindings gave them cancer and already has a potential workaround.. and hasn't even tried it... but is making demands for other people to do things.  And throwing insults on top of it.

I have hopes that one day these forums will have constructive posts with effective communication.  There are plenty of posts with useful things in them.  I was hoping this was going to be one of them.

2 hours ago, Domino said:

That's harsh.  On the other hand, I'd say a post demanding anything of anyone is toxic, especially if the OP is claiming the hotkey bindings gave them cancer and already has a potential workaround.. and hasn't even tried it... but is making demands for other people to do things.  And throwing insults on top of it.

I have hopes that one day these forums will have constructive posts with effective communication.  There are plenty of posts with useful things in them.  I was hoping this was going to be one of them.

Nobody wanna hear your cries, i tried, it doesn't work.

I played ARK and ARK got the same problem and since this game is a copy paste of the basics of ARK, i was sure it wouldn't work.

Now go cry elsewhere, i have no time for kids.

i love how right shift is by default bound to put you in sprint modus on/off. 
I'm LEFT handed, which means right shift is the shit i use to sprint normally.
I hope they fix this cause it fucks me up in combat.

10 hours ago, HANABI said:

Nobody wanna hear your cries, i tried, it doesn't work.

I played ARK and ARK got the same problem and since this game is a copy paste of the basics of ARK, i was sure it wouldn't work.

Now go cry elsewhere, i have no time for kids.

Wait so you played ARK, knew it was a "copy and paste" and would have issues and then also tell someone to stop crying yet you buy Atlas and all you have done yourself is cry about stuff in Atlas.

Amazing.

Updating this because you can't rebind crouch from C. I made mine left control and now I can't block, can't change my map from camera mode, can't tell my NPC crew members to stop free firing. Worse, I can't reassign these options aside from the captain order. No way to block in combat.

It's definitely a big issue.