Sign in to follow this  
Demon Meliodas

Potential server wipe ?

So, considering that the claiming system is broken now, and i dont think they can fix it without wiping everything since theres so many claimed islands with bases on them. Could this possibly cause a wipe in the near future ? if yes, please tell us like a week or at least 3 days beforehand or people wont be able to prepare and theres just gonna be a giant wave of hatred again.

a Wipe dont disturbe me, only if they change the Claiming Systeme too many bug and exploit to steal Claim in PvE 

Have you tried making some sort of deal with the folks that have all the claims?  If you cooperate with others in a mutually beneficial way, you both stand to gain from it.  And once you find your little nook, now you have an extra ally as well...

Claim system SEEMS to be working.  Some guy slapped a couple down on the island I'm in and both failed because I was active and the other guy he tried it on with was active.

1 hour ago, Coggage said:

Claim system SEEMS to be working.  Some guy slapped a couple down on the island I'm in and both failed because I was active and the other guy he tried it on with was active.

Wouldn't go as far as fixed I have a hut and shipyard both in range 1 of my flags. Somehow my 2nd flag got contested and remove it was closer to my hut and shipyard. I still have my hut but my shipyard is now owned by that other group.

I think claiming is working at intended.

In order to steal a claim, you have to take it from someone after completely suppressing them out of an area.  The downside is that this allows people to very easily steal claims from small tribes with only 1 or 2 claims, who can't have people online all the time.

The upside is that it prevents massive groups from just dotting *everything* in sight.  They can only control as much territory as they are physically able to respond to, which is a good thing.  So while they might control an island with an iron fist, they need alliances in order to hold sectors and coops to go any further than that.

One way to address the bullying against small tribes is to institute a sort of backwards diminishing returns system. For example, stealing a claim from a faction with 50 claim flags may take only 25 minutes, but stealing a claim from a faction that only has 1 claim flag may take 10 hours to complete.  (And obviously, moderate the human cheaty element of large groups just using an allianced second faction to protect their main base)

People will complain anyway regardless. Claiming isn't as broken as it seems/sounds even on PvE. There will be wipe(s) in the next 2 years there's no need to rush it. Let players discover bugs and balance issues and give devs time to fix and adjust. Wiping any time within the next 1-3 months would pretty much be redundant.

Edited by Nari

claiming is broken + protection, you can place a flag down, then it gets protected for 4 hours, after that anyone can contest it  and take it in 40 minutes , and this where alot have lost their stuff as people will prey on some that has few claims then take it over before the person wakes up as most does not sleep in 40 minutes bulks 😛

However a wipe is bound to happen , and might be needed not to far off i agree, but lock down claim-flag-the bugs with bouys messing up spawn + houses and then set a time servers gets back up from wiped and people will be back to go out and search for a place called home 

Edited by Mahakmar