Sign in to follow this  
Bullet Force

Flyers

I have noticed in the more recent trailers rideable flyers are back in the game. This in my opinion is a bad idea as they will quickly come to dominant all aspects of the game as they did in ARK. Its fairly obvious that flyers will be the go to mechanism for recon, scouting, exploring and possibly even combat itself. I am hoping that they are made either extremely weak unlike the silly flying tanks in ARK or are made NPC only.

• Like 1

I Agree i do not see why you should be able to fly on an adventure pirate game. This is ATLAS. Not ARK. I do not want to see tames become the dominate way to play this game. + 1

• Thanks 1

I'm very intrigued about the flyers to be honest, I'm a big ark fan and I've done everything there is to do as in alpha of servers and end game bosses and such.

that being said although flyers make getting around the map so much easier I don't see their place in a pirate game, at least not as a dominate PVP machine like how is a cannon meant to shoot them down free aiming at least, ( I have yet to see any kind of offline defence as ark had auto turrets what does atlas have )

Well this may fall in a two fold Hyper to your answer it is very likely the use of NPC's will make an auto cannon/siege weapon turret if you would so ballistic arrows and such should be able to tear flyers out of the sky. Big problem with the arguement here flyers have stamina and the distance to some of these islands is ridiculous sure for defense would be great offense well if your bringing them your sacrificing weight of the flyer for ammunition for cannons and the such.....

If it came down to a vote, I'd double down on the no flyers...

ATLAS doesn't need to be ARK. It needs to be a naval combat pirate game. Don't start blurrin the lines.

We have seen a pteranodon but I’m pretty sure that that would be a mod, so you won’t see them on officials. 

And I agree with the people above, having flyers will pretty much ruin the discovery feeling to a total. 

• Like 1

The only flyers I would like to see are giant Kites that you cant do anything on except jump off a high rock and float to where the wind takes you.