Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

Server Population Is The Lowest I've Ever Seen

9 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

would less players = less foundation spam though?  😉

No.  The remaining players will just spam more.  Fundamentally, the situation will not change.

Just took a look at Battlemetrics website to see how many people are on the various official servers, I could choose 3 official servers excluded NA PVE, for some reason it's not listed atm or it's somewhere in the list and I haven't found it. Either way, if u rank that list on highest players per server u will see the first page of 10 servers already drops down quickly to just 30 players per grid. Going down the list towards the back this decreases ofcourse, to hit the last 5 pages which are 50 (51 actually) grids/servers where there is not a single player online. From those 50 (51) servers from 3 out of 4 official server lists there are only 4 Freeport regions in it, 2 Central Maws(?), and 4 Lawless regions. So still 40 servers where areas are claimable that nobody is online at this very moment.

51 servers without players

52 servers with 1 player

70 servers with 2 players

65 servers with 3 players

70 servers with 4 players

61 servers with 5 players

58 servers with 6 players

43 servers with 7 players

34 servers with 8 players

40 servers with 9 players

+-110 servers with 10 to 15 players

40 servers with 16 - 25 players

13 servers with 26 - 55 players

1 server with 129 players online which is currently NA PVP E9

Even when NA PVE would be included I doubt this list would become much better. Now take in mind that each server has up to 4 islands where these players are also (possibly) divided over just to give an idea how much fun it must be to play Atlas nowadays. I'm not gonna take the time to try and add all those numbers up to see how many people are actually stlil playing on official servers, was hoping there was a website that could show me this by just selecting the 4 official ones showing how many players were on each but couldn't find it yet. Sure these numbers are still to get slightly higher as there is a weekend starting for most and well if the trend continues this weekend we'll peak around 12k maybe 13 if lucky but over the last weeks the playerbase peaks in weekends drop off around 2-4k players a week so yeah, have fun while it lasts.

• Like 1

I don't get why do you care? Your friends left you? Do you earn money from it? I wouldn't mind if it gets even lower. At least I have less lags now and game is getting better. It's a win for me.

1 hour ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

was hoping there was a website that could show me this by just selecting the 4 official ones showing how many players were on each but couldn't find it yet

https://atlasgame.info/ shows total online per cluster

it ain't pretty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, strawman said:

it ain't pretty

I'd be more curious to see what it looks like tomorrow around noon eastern.

As is, most of NA is at work/school, its like 3am in asia, and a good portion of europe is enjoying a friday night.

With a game whose playerbase is spread around the world, peak times for each region are different, even within the same server.

The other thing that is interesting to me, is how many people are playing on the officials as opposed to unofficials. Out of 11k on right now, there are 7k on officials, compared to ark where 70% of the playerbase is on unofficial.

I'd be curious as to how many unique IDs log into the game over a 24 hour period, is there any way to see that? You could have 10k logging in from the US at their peak time, 10k logging from Europe at their peak time, and 10k from Asia/Australia at their peak time, and allowing for a little overlap, it would only show 12-14k peak, when in reality 30k people played over the course of that day.

Edited by MeatSammich

2 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

I'd be more curious to see what it looks like tomorrow around noon eastern.

As is, most of NA is at work/school, its like 3am in asia, and a good portion of europe is enjoying a friday night.

With a game whose playerbase is spread around the world, peak times for each region are different, even within the same server.

The other thing that is interesting to me, is how many people are playing on the officials as opposed to unofficials. Out of 11k on right now, there are 7k on officials, compared to ark where 70% of the playerbase is on unofficial.

I'd be curious as to how many unique IDs log into the game over a 24 hour period, is there any way to see that? You could have 10k logging in from the US at their peak time, 10k logging from Europe at their peak time, and 10k from Asia/Australia at their peak time, and allowing for a little overlap, it would only show 12-14k peak, when in reality 30k people played over the course of that day.

It’s pretty easy to tell total on official and unofficial man. I do it all the time.

first thing you do is go to the atlas info website. Then grab a calculator and add up all 4 clusters. Then go to steam charts and see the current total population. Get the total pop and then minus the total from atlas info. The remaining is the amount on unofficial servers.

from what I have seen multiple times at the lowest point in the day the official to unofficial ratio is 50/50.

at the peak for the day it is about 60/40 or 65/35 favoring officials.

pretty cool to look at the ratios

6 hours ago, strawman said:

it ain't pretty

Very cool to see this. From this I was able to calculate that the official servers have about 57% of the players playing the game right now. Based on what I've heard about ARK, I would have guessed less, but this is close to my guess a few weeks ago of 50%. I'm basing this off the steam chart for Atlas, which says 11,259 players playing Atlas 44 minutes ago.

48 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Very cool to see this. From this I was able to calculate that the official servers have about 57% of the players playing the game right now. Based on what I've heard about ARK, I would have guessed less, but this is close to my guess a few weeks ago of 50%. I'm basing this off the steam chart for Atlas, which says 11,259 players playing Atlas 44 minutes ago.

Yeah it is pretty easy to calculate. And 57% does seem about right. I have seen an exact 50/50 and also all the way to 65/35 in favor of officials.

sad part is when the low hits at around 5,000 or so people that means that only about 2500 people are on official for all 4 clusters

Edited by Realist

On 12/30/2018 at 2:35 PM, [616]RexFortis said:

The Flag System killed the game.  The Server Population Is The Lowest I've Ever Seen and being a Sunday at peak hour, that's not good.

edit:  To be more accurate, the Flag System killed the server-cluster as I now believe many players have left the official servers and gone to unofficial ones.

The cheating killed the game... not the flag system.

7 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

The cheating killed the game... not the flag system.

That is such bullshit and you know it. 

In my zone there are only 2 players, what i appreciate very much, i finally can play the game without beeing swarmed by chinese raider squads😉

Edited by Talono

12 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah it is pretty easy to calculate. And 57% does seem about right. I have seen an exact 50/50 and also all the way to 65/35 in favor of officials.

sad part is when the low hits at around 5,000 or so people that means that only about 2500 people are on official for all 4 clusters

Not everyone can thrive in a world full of pirate armies and massive alliances.

I do wonder why your claim to fame is to only be known as the #1 pessimistic atlas troll. At least you have that, right bro? 

Or did your pve clan make the top 10, yay for you.

Game has plenty of wars, battles to go around. If people are smart even small clans can find methods to settle claims now via contacting tile owners and alliances or just playing smart and savvy.

As for the complainers, its EA, its already been hella fun. The huge map is fantastic. Your criticisms are overflowing with salt.

Steam charts are good for nothing when there is private servers in the mix + fortnite and apex where kids go to battle.

Edited by Bandit_Black

1 minute ago, Bandit_Black said:

Not everyone can thrive in a world full of pirate armies and massive alliances.

I do wonder why your claim to fame is to only be known as the #1 pessimistic atlas troll. At least you have that, right bro? 

Or did your pve clan make the top 10, yay for you.

Game has plenty of wars, battles to go around. If people are smart even small clans can find methods to settle claims now via contacting tile owners and alliances or just playing smart and savvy.

As for the complainers, its EA, its already been hella fun. The huge map is fantastic. Your criticisms are overflowing with salt.

Steam charts are good for nothing when there is private servers in the mix.

Nah, not pessimistic troll. Realistic poster.

But yes, steam charts mean something when you also use atlas info. You are able to see who is playing on official or unofficial servers. I already figured out the mix and there are actually more poeple playing officials, which actually surprised me. 

It's early access. There's bound to be game breaking bugs, half-assed cheat protection, bad balance and an unfinished list of content. If that wasn't the case then they could just have straight up released the game. Quit moaning and move on until the game has had a few patch cycles.

5 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Nope, you just dont know enough.

Know enough to know you’re talking shit. But that’s fine. If you think that killed the game, I’ll respect that and leave you in your own little world. 

7 hours ago, azmoodeus said:

It's early access. There's bound to be game breaking bugs, half-assed cheat protection, bad balance and an unfinished list of content. If that wasn't the case then they could just have straight up released the game. Quit moaning and move on until the game has had a few patch cycles.

To be fair, ark had and still has those and has been released for over a year. It’s not the game, it’s the company. 

There are quite a few companies recruiting with healthy populations.  Fine one of these and join it.  Don't let yourself dwindle down to nothing and get upset.  If you are on the pvp NA and would like to join an active company pop into B11 and advertise yourself.  

19 hours ago, Percieval said:

Know enough to know you’re talking shit. But that’s fine. If you think that killed the game, I’ll respect that and leave you in your own little world. 

Well youngster, i actually know the Chinese duped the shit out of the server since the start and still carry on, i know 90% of the mega clans use exploits to win battles, and i know you got a big mouth for a kid using the internet. Should i carry on? some people actually had enough. The flag system, had nothing to do with why people left. We have a number of issues and none of them really have anything to do with the flag system such as cheating to win territories with aimbots, such as game breaking bugs, such as the food system, the grind, the amazing amount of hours having to get anywhere and the amount of time it took to build brigs to be sunk... but none of those players cared about the flag system.

So tell me youngster how am i so full of shit?

11 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Well youngster, i actually know the Chinese duped the shit out of the server since the start and still carry on, i know 90% of the mega clans use exploits to win battles, and i know you got a big mouth for a kid using the internet. Should i carry on? some people actually had enough. The flag system, had nothing to do with why people left. We have a number of issues and none of them really have anything to do with the flag system such as cheating to win territories with aimbots, such as game breaking bugs, such as the food system, the grind, the amazing amount of hours having to get anywhere and the amount of time it took to build brigs to be sunk... but none of those players cared about the flag system.

So tell me youngster how am i so full of shit?

You just proved it to me. With this actual post, I love it. Thanks. Let me tell you something, next time you start ‘trying’ to prove something, don’t start out with a lie. That’s a rookie mistake. 

Really dont think theres one specific reason people left. Just based on the goodby posts so many felt the need to do, land claim was a big part, people being griefed until that was patched was another, people in PVP tired of being offlined was another, glitches and bugs was another, boredom/lack of content was another, and i'm sure there were 1 or two that mentioned cheaters.

People with different playstyles want different things. I know a good half dozen that are just in maintainence mode, waiting for some more content and bug fixes. They have land, but other company members log in to reset for them, and are just waiting to see if its worth coming back anytime soon for them.

The recent wipe rumors, whether true are not, are going to have an effect on how much people are playing, too. I've already had a couple people tell me that they wouldn't be around too much until they knew for sure, because they didn't want to waste time if there was going to be a wipe, but would be back after. 

You know what's really weird here (IMAO)?

I do a lot of traveling and each island I see the same picture. I see huge bases - fortresses, walls, gates, houses (no one build a villages like we did btw). Like hundreds ships (especially in equatorial zones and near). Hundreds shipyards with ships buildings there. And... just wild fauna walking around. Not a single human being. Ghost towns, ghost fortresses, empty ships stays anchored for ever. 

I do not see any civil life happening anywhere. As if I would get to The Langoliers book written by Stephen King : ))

Not sure how DEVs saw the picture before their EA release but... right now, it really sad : ))

In rush hour our I2 server have like 12 ppl connected. Typical online is 5 ppl.

Edited by George Catcher