Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

Server Population Is The Lowest I've Ever Seen

The Flag System killed the game.  The Server Population Is The Lowest I've Ever Seen and being a Sunday at peak hour, that's not good.

edit:  To be more accurate, the Flag System killed the server-cluster as I now believe many players have left the official servers and gone to unofficial ones.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

According to the Steam charts, the population is close to its all-time peak of 58+k, which was reached within the last 24 hours. However, I desperately wish that you were right -- we NEED less players if we can't have additional servers, and this needs to be done alongside an overhaul to the claim system.

Edited by Ransurias
  • Like 3

Op blatantly has no clue.  " Lowest I've Ever Seen " my hairy white arse.  There are 57,466 players as I type this.  😄

• Like 1

Lies.  I'm clicking on the Freeport servers in North America PVP and for the first time I'm seeing only 50 players in several of them when it used to be 140 to 150.  It's the lowest I've ever seen.  This game is dying rapidly.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

The zone I'm in had 80 players last week, now there's 11. How many of those 57k "players" are sleepers protecting claims?

The four official servers require 900 "servers" to host the maps. This doesn't come cheap. If they don't continue to sell copies of the game there isn't much hope for extended development. They need to be increasing player count, not driving them away.

And how many of those "online players" are actually "playing" the game and not sitting in menu trying to log in to a server that isn't online or unable to stay in their region and PVE without having to do some weird stuff that results in losing your progress and having to start over again, I haven't seen anything outside of Freeport and Lawless and I have 60 hours gametime according to steam of which I maybe played 15 hours tops starting over countless times due to various technical and griefing reasons. And not a word about those servers coming back on, some are waiting nearly 20 hours now unable to play along.

I see the Steam Charts and they do indeed show a strong population, but it's not matching up to what I'm seeing Live.

Perhaps what has happened is players left the official servers and went over to the unofficial ones.

1 minute ago, [616]RexFortis said:

I see the Steam Charts and they do indeed show a strong population, but it's not matching up to what I'm seeing Live.

Care to post some screenshots from the server lists?

1 minute ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Sunday evening/day.. first official normal sunday the game has so maybe that’s the reason. And just before new years. The playerbase is the same so nothing much has changed. 

2 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Perhaps what has happened is players left the official servers and went over to the unofficial ones.

I hope so, that will take away a lot of complaints. 

2 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Are there unofficial server with a decent sized map? Cuz I can mostly find servers with one tile which is 4 islands big.

Just now, Jozzie McTowel said:

Are there unofficial server with a decent sized map? Cuz I can mostly find servers with one tile which is 4 islands big.

You need to find a community or something, there are some ‘YT/twitch’ channels out there where you can join with your own server to make 1 big one. 

Just now, Percieval said:

You need to find a community or something, there are some ‘YT/twitch’ channels out there where you can join with your own server to make 1 big one. 

Well that's still wonky, nothing "huge" about it and still depending on whether everyone keeps their server on there. They very hard overpromised and overhyped this mess especially with involving so many streamers to hype it up even more.

It's not economically feasible for a 3rd party to host a map like the official one because each sector is its own server, that makes 225 servers would be needed which would cost a 3rd party say 225 x $80 a month = $18,000 a month.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

1 minute ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Well that's still wonky, nothing "huge" about it and still depending on whether everyone keeps their server on there. They very hard overpromised and overhyped this mess especially with involving so many streamers to hype it up even more.

Well it’s still better than just being on 1. If you stay on your own or on your friends you will be safe; even if other parties decide to back out. 

7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Well it’s still better than just being on 1. If you stay on your own or on your friends you will be safe; even if other parties decide to back out. 

Yea, I buy a game that claims it's on MMO to rent a server after one week of early access and play "alone" with friends or team up with other servers ... Do you know how rediculous it even sounds, one week old, have to rent private server to being able to "play" ?

Just now, Jozzie McTowel said:

Yea, I buy a game that claims it's on MMO to rent a server after one week of early access and play "alone" with friends or team up with other servers ... Do you know how rediculous it even sounds, one week old, have to rent private server to being able to "play" ?

Am I saying you should? All I said was that private servers rule out things people have been complaining about a lot, and IF you hire one, I’d do what I said above I would do. 

Wir, ich und 9 weiter Leute, spielen auf unserem privaten Server. Wir haben 1 Hauptserver und 3 Expansionsserver. Das ist zwar kostenintensiv aber wir müssen uns nicht mit zugebauten Inseln, Trollen und dem extrem ungünstigen Claimsystem rumärgern. 🙂

1 hour ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Lies.  I'm clicking on the Freeport servers in North America PVP and for the first time I'm seeing only 50 players in several of them when it used to be 140 to 150.  It's the lowest I've ever seen.  This game is dying rapidly.

because everyone's not a noob in the freeport anymore

2 hours ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Perhaps they've moved out of the newbie zone so they can keep playing?  And it's been consistently around 50k players for the past week.  Thanks for your observation though, super useful.....