fahck

PVE = PVP?? Entire base stolen in next to no time at all

Our group logged in today to find our entire base stolen and all our land claims removed? We had literally been on all of the previous day harvesting and building and now its just gone? WTF?

Our group is a 7 man team, but all the damn land was taken so we only got to put down 2 land claims, and we didn't contest any because we didnt want to be dickholes. Thats far less land than the other f*** companies in the area, but I guess it doesnt matter because PVE = PVP amirite???

come on, our tiny company has been working hard non stop and this is what we get? WE CHOSE PVE BECAUSE WE DIDNT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

g o d d a m n t h i s g a m e m a k e s m e m a d

th.jpg

• Like 2

Agreed,  this isn't the worse of it either people are actually killing eachother on pve servers.   And there is absolutely 0 for a support system.   Only brain dead people would make a game this size with no support. 

2 minutes ago, fahck said:

Our group logged in today to find our entire base stolen and all our land claims removed? We had literally been on all of the previous day harvesting and building and now its just gone? WTF?

Our group is a 7 man team, but all the damn land was taken so we only got to put down 2 land claims, and we didn't contest any because we didnt want to be dickholes. Thats far less land than the other f*** companies in the area, but I guess it doesnt matter because PVE = PVP amirite???

come on, our tiny company has been working hard non stop and this is what we get? WE CHOSE PVE BECAUSE WE DIDNT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

g o d d a m n t h i s g a m e m a k e s m e m a d

th.jpg

Been posting about this very issue since launch, they implemented the 3 day protection, but did not apply to existing claims and does not appear to be refreshed as intended and does not prevent overlapping.. it is completely broken with not even an acknowledgement that this is an issues still from the Devs.... I would not recommend this game to any one right now...

1 hour ago, Sinate said:

Been posting about this very issue since launch, they implemented the 3 day protection, but did not apply to existing claims and does not appear to be refreshed as intended and does not prevent overlapping.. it is completely broken with not even an acknowledgement that this is an issues still from the Devs.... I would not recommend this game to any one right now...

the 3 day protection is working , for 3 days after the flag is placed that is it , there is no refresh , so you have 3 days to build up and move of or loose everything . As much as I hate to agree with the negativity abound I will agree what idiot thought that a MMO was a smart idea to launch without any support system in place . Have they never heard of issues that other mmo's have faced like hacker , greifers , chat spam , mail spam , expoiters of all kinds , and they don't even have a ticket support system in place much less live gm's . I was a Gm for AO and SWG and as bad as their launches were at least they had support , and AO was about the same pop as this . If you don't have the budget to have support then maybe you shouldn't try to launch a game that will require it .

In contrario, there is some flag with no 3 day protect, or expired, with no building or people sleeping. But when you want to claim them, they are immediatly contested. So it's impossible de claim just WTF.

I scouted the whole perimeter listening for people sleeping but can't find anyone.

So this flag claim stuff is bugged in the 2 way. You can't protect and sometime you can't claim so...

Isn't the 3 day thing supposed to be like an active 3 days? so as long as you login your claim cannot be taken? If so it doesn't work. We had people trying to take our land today and we are active. It's ridiculous that within 1 hour you can lose everything. Also one particular person trying to steal my base was letting their flag tick over, so i had to sit there until they got bored to save my base and the rest of the island pressured them to take down that flag. There isn't even a way to get rid of their flag which is contesting mine (i tried sitting on their flag or clicking on it but nothing happens). 

More thought needs to go into it for PVE especially. 

look and see if the claim is overlapping another claim . if they have a chain of 7 claims all placed by the same person and they are overlapping and sleeping in one it will do that . the key here is all flags have to be placed by one person and they have to overlap . On breepool we have a guy whjo has around 30 in the middle of the island and because they are all like that he only needs to be in one for it to count .

1 minute ago, Crumpet_love said:

Isn't the 3 day thing supposed to be like an active 3 days? so as long as you login your claim cannot be taken? If so it doesn't work. We had people trying to take our land today and we are active. It's ridiculous that within 1 hour you can lose everything. Also one particular person trying to steal my base was letting their flag tick over, so i had to sit there until they got bored to save my base and the rest of the island pressured them to take down that flag. There isn't even a way to get rid of their flag which is contesting mine (i tried sitting on their flag or clicking on it but nothing happens). 

More thought needs to go into it for PVE especially. 

they worded it like it would be but the sad fact is its 3 days and then that is it , no matter when the flag was placed (befor or after the change) . Once the 3 days are up people can and will contest it , I had 2 land and one water claim and im now at 1 land and 1 water and they are none of the first set of claims . my daughter had 2 land claims linked and lost them both last night after the 3 days were up even though we play daily and for hours on end .

this game is on a downward spiral right now in its reviews , 15k reviews and almost 10k are negative , and they have quite a few with people who have tried to give the game a shot having 40 50 even 80 hours in game . The reason is in the beginning they couldn't keep the game stable or allow people into it , and as they have fixed that their lack of support has shows that a mmo without support isn't a sandbox game it is in fact a overfull littlerbox game . the only thing keeping the game popular right now is the fact streamers are playing on private severs that  they can and do control the environment and thus showcase what they gameplay should be like . This leads to a very different experience when you go into the public servers and its more like escape from new York with pirate theme and ships even in pve . 

If they don't want to offer support then maybe they should just make all servers pvp , at least then if someone it stealing your stuff daily you can kill them instead and take it back , just my thoughts .

Edited by Grimbergoth

I dont get why people can steal land on pve. Just limit the amount of claims a company can have, and do a timer until claim able if th owners haven't been online for a certain number of days. If someone is messing with you and throwing down claim flags to grief you then you cant even kill them to get rid of them. It's a horrible system. 

This is my biggest concern while playing this game. I'ts not easy to build a good base and big ships with a couple players. it takes some time! The idea of losing everything to a random guy on a raft while you're offline is horrendous, to say the least! I really hope they make a better system, otherwise this game is just a waste of time, at all. The lack of good explanation about the system make it even worse, nobody knows exactly what happens with this broken system...