Sign in to follow this  
Xenogias

You need a single player mode.

I know it will be an unpopular opinion since most people can't see past their own nose and realize some people enjoy solo play. Don't get me wrong I understand the point to the game is an MMO but please listen to my reasoning. As we all know PvP is virtually pointless till the devs stop lying/ignoring certain groups getting a free pass to dupe/hack and run around destroying anything they want. Also for both PvP and PvE if your wanting to start playing now you may as well forget it. There is no room. None. Okay maybe there is 1 or 2 islands somewhere that has some room. Probably not but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. So my argument for Single Player mode, which we all already know the structure is there for since its ark coding and the npc crew hires are in, is just allowing people who buy the game to actually play the thing if they chose to without having to spend the first 10 hours just trying to find a small hovel to get a basic start in, let alone trying to find room to build bigger stuff. If they want to make it clear that once they get balance figured out and enough islands/servers to handle the amount of people that want to play they will be disabling the single player then fine. But having started yesterday I spent nearly 10 hours sailing around trying to find even a small area to build a temporary house and everywhere is either claimed or to high in difficulty to survive long enough to even build a basic house to hide in. 

I'm all for disagreement but please if your going to disagree explain why. Git Gud or stop sucking etc just makes you look like an ignorant child even if you aren't smart enough to realize it.

2 hours ago, Bucket said:

It's almost like it's not an mmo, oh wait.

Its almost as if I said I know its an MMO but my argument was that in its current state its completely unplayable for new players unless you wanna rid around on a raft and never really build. But I guess that would require you to read past what the topic says and I know that is difficult.

1 minute ago, Xenogias said:

Its almost as if I said I know its an MMO but my argument was that in its current state its completely unplayable for new players unless you wanna rid around on a raft and never really build. But I guess that would require you to read past what the topic says and I know that is difficult.

It would help that you'd find a crew like the thousands out there recruiting for players to join them. It's almost as if there's not company recruitment pages on Reddit, Forums, Discord or anything like that. So weird.

The point of an mmo is cooperation, they're showing this by further adding skill point changes to make it harder for solo players to play (and grief).

If you plan on using a galleon or let alone a schooner solo good luck with that. Just because there are npc's that fire cannons for you doesn't mean they're going to hit / repair/ unfurl sails/ faster than your human counterparts.

Well our Company encourages everyone to do their own thing.

Ive just been solo gathering resources to build my house and my own ship.

Time to time ive just went and been part of some exploration missions.

There probaly will be Solo servers in future, right now the main purpose is to get game fixed (aka uploading bug fixes daily)  and getting it run well