Sign in to follow this  
John McFearsom

Low level Wolves

So im level 9, Made it to a lawless island to further my journey, Met by a few low level wolves. A lvl 1 and a level 3. 

Wearing full cloth armor, Equipped with 10 spears and full health(all skill points in health except 2) and balanced vitamins, I get 2 -shotted by considerably lower level creatures. I hit the level 1 wolf nearly 7 times for its health to only sit at 3/4's.....They are beyond broken. 

yet in a freeport I can solo level 20 elephants and rhinos. WTF?!

Lower their attack speed and damage please. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Edited by John McFearsom
  • Like 1

Level 23 here and cant kill a lvl 2 wolf they pack up destroy structures have knock back so all the archery skill i have is useless knock you off buildings  just lost hours and hours of progress  even repeated spawning trying to lead them away and still all my items decayed now theres no wildlife for them to kill so they just ripping at the structures .DEVS need to fix them or remove them its ridiculous .

Exact same thing here!  Freaking level 1 wolf hits me 3 times with full armor and dead.  Come on!!

About ready to dump this game.

Edited by Kendrick Mitrik

Same problem with crocodiles, they can out run a raft going with the wind and just pile out top of your raft making it impossible to spawn. Doesn't help that everytime you go any where near an island, you agro 7 of them and die instantly.

Well with wolves i say that they are pain in the A for me.

Yesterday i  took out lvl 10 wolf, while being equipped with a pistol and bow with firearrows. 

While i was out hunting Alphas i was being surrounded by 5 wolves, literally couldnt jump over or move while being surrounded by them. They killed the tiger in 30 seconds and i went soon after that. Also they keep on swarming my little house 😞 

But if you are equipped with right weapons and if you take wolves 1 on 1 then they are easy to kill. 

The spawn is endless. I managed to build in an area that has a few bears around. They at first kept the wolves at bay. But eventually, wave after wave, the bears fell. They next set their sites upon me. I ran into my shack and killed them one by one through my walls. they glitch half way through so its a thing. But by the time I finish harvesting their bodies, another pack of wolves is already knocking at my door. If not wolves, Then Lions, Or even better Giant snakes. 

also, This is in the tundra, why are there Giant snakes in the frozen tundra? Sorry but this doesn't make sense. 

Wolves- when I toss a spear through the side of its chest cavity, it should be finished. or better yet when you land one between the eyes and they run around like a mutated Uniwolf. 

Edited by John McFearsom

I'm level 40, as are my shipmates - we're lucky to kill a wolf while carrying pistols.  They are insane.

Wolves are broken very much, Last night at least a dozen times, they spawned right on top of me and killed me, and just "Camp" my body lol - It was getting frustrating

So, riddle me this.  How does a new player leaving a Freeport at lvl 8 with little skills even have a change to level up in either a free zone or lawless? 

And, to add to the Wolves, I had a croc that (no kidding here) followed me half way through a grid square on my heals going full speed with the wind.

The hostile spawns in Lawless is nuts.
If i can get the jump on the Wolves from a high point with a bow i can defeat them with 2-4 hits.  Unless i get the lovely no hit reg....  Taking on 2 is pretty rough...

I've found if they get the jump on me & i cannot win..  i do a run back to the body and if their still camping it.. sacrifice myself again and kite them away from the body the best i can.

but yeah.. Wolves & Lions/Tigers are stupid OP compared to other hostile animals.  

I've also noticed while crouching the aggro radius of the hostiles is lower.  

I "wanted to" build my 2nd raft (the 1st one stuck between shipyards from other players)

My camp is on the south side and my small shipyard on the other side of the island (found no other place to build it - big island in a lawless region - i guess my 2nd day of Atlas)

So I farmed near my camp all ressources I could carry for the raft and I have built a bed and a storage box before I went to my shipyard in the north.

Just before I reached it, 2 Wolfs spawn in front of me. Killed them fortunately with my spears and a helpfull player with a bow. Spamed "Thank u emote" with ~10% Life, turned around to see another 2 wolfs spawning and killing me instantly.

My thought: "Someone dont want me to explore the sea/other islands"

But np. Respawn, refarm, loled a bit and killed my hole family with my keyboard

I agree, on land wolves and lions are the most broken hostiles there are. You can't outrun them, you can't outfight them, the only thing you can do if you're lucky and spot them from a distance is shoot them, and even that's not a guarantee you'll survive.

Let's face it though, all the hostiles are broken in some way or another. Crocs and Giant Snakes can attack through walls/foundations/sides of boats, and crocs are damn near invincible if they're in the water and you're swimming or on a raft or a sloop. I know there can sometimes be a fine line between challenging and too easy, but these creatures are so far past that line they can't even see it anymore. They're obnoxious, unrealistically powerful, and absolutely no fun to deal with.

Water, it is literally the easiest way to deal with wolfs.

If you do get attacked the 'Spump' technique works fairly well;

Spring and jump, if they hit you they are going to knock you further away from you, meaning you got more time to get to the water or away from em. But yea, their knockback is way too good at the moment.