Sign in to follow this  
Malr

STAFF PLEASE HELP.

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

... come on please. Don’t be that guy. 

He is partially right though. Because of the sexual nature of it and if that kid is a minor, that is actually illegal. 

Like I told him without that aspect it really doesn’t matter at all, but sexually harassing a minor when the other person in a adult is illegal even on a game or the internet.

5 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

Yeah sorry can't help being a grown up and not codoning sexual extortion. I will happily be that guy all day every day.

Yeah be that somewhere else plz kk thx bye, back to WoW or whatevz

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

Yeah sorry can't help being a grown up and not codoning sexual extortion. I will happily be that guy all day every day.

There’s a whole debate going on in my country about people like you. As far as it goes, it’s part of the game. Just a simple E in the wheel and it’s done. It’s not like there’s anything horrible going on. We’ve done something similar too with a company mate. 

Edited by Percieval

Another of these stupid mechanics that ruin officials without admin supervision (for some to a lot)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peter said:

Another of these stupid mechanics that ruin officials without admin supervision (for some to a lot)

Mindboggling that devs did not put a way out of this mechanic in game. It would be okey, if you could quit this mechanic whenever you want, but reading that this mechanic existed in the same way, in their previous game, shows that devs ignoring the common sense, and laws. Or just plainly incompetent. And considering that underage kids playing this game, this is plainly illegal with sexual harassment of underage teenager that going on in this topic.

35 minutes ago, ReveralX said:

Mindboggling that devs did not put a way out of this mechanic in game. It would be okey, if you could quit this mechanic whenever you want, but reading that this mechanic existed in the same way, in their previous game, shows that devs ignoring the common sense, and laws. Or just plainly incompetent. And considering that underage kids playing this game, this is plainly illegal with sexual harassment of underage teenager that going on in this topic.

Or at least have no force feed...

It's bizarre that they even have a special section in the forums with all the rules you have to follow to not get kicked out, but in the actual game it's 1000x worse than this and nobody at all policing that.  They care more about the stupid forum than they do the game.  They've even got a mod going around in here carefully moving misplaced threads into the right sections for things like crew recruitment, but people in the game trying to hold sex slaves and making character names with as many iterations of the word n**er as they can fit into it....crickets.  Nada.  This kind of shit was bad enough 10 years ago, but now with voice chat it comes right into the damn living room., and it's creepy as hell.   I play with the sound off, but still, you can't avoid the morons.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

It's bizarre that they even have a special section in the forums with all the rules you have to follow to not get kicked out, but in the actual game it's 1000x worse than this and nobody at all policing that.  They care more about the stupid forum than they do the game.  They've even got a mod going around in here carefully moving misplaced threads into the right sections for things like crew recruitment, but people in the game trying to hold sex slaves and making character names with as many iterations of the word n**er as they can fit into it....crickets.  Nada.  This kind of shit was bad enough 10 years ago, but now with voice chat it comes right into the damn living room., and it's creepy as hell.   I play with the sound off, but still, you can't avoid the morons.

You might be a bit too SJW here..  it's true that a mechanic that potentially locks you out of the game for many days is very bad... But it's still open internet and if people want sex slaves or behave in other ways bad it's their own thing... It's just a game! But not being able to play a game you payed for without restart because an asshole locks you up and force feeds you is not ok

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, peter said:

You might be a bit too SJW here..  it's true that a mechanic that potentially locks you out of the game for many days is very bad... But it's still open internet and if people want sex slaves or behave in other ways bad it's their own thing... It's just a game! But not being able to play a game you payed for without restart because an asshole locks you up and force feeds you is not ok

What the hell are you talking about?  Nobody's talking about consenting people having sex in a game.  Nobody cares about that, as long as we don't have to be involved in it.   We're talking about people trying to play a game where random strangers can lock them up and force them to have sex to escape, or where random idiots can surround you shouting racist or otherwise nasty shit that gets broadcast over voice into your house.

"Only a game" is a lame excuse for bringing in real-world issues and making it your main purpose just to harass and annoy other players.    There is no other leisure concept besides online gaming where people argue that it's perfectly fine to ruin everyone else's time like this.  A restaurant?  You'd get thrown out.  A basketball court?  You'd get beat up or arrested.  There's nothing special about online gaming that should make this ok.

In the end it's not up to any of us anyway.  If some game developer wants to make a game that is full of hate and rape and racism and the equivalent of a bunch of toddlers running around at a nice party yelling "poopy pants!" over and over, you know what?  They can make that game, in the same way that you could CHOOSE to open a restaurant where the customers are allowed to come in and piss in the corners.   But they need to own it, not go around pretending they've made some great mainstream online game for everyone to buy and play.  So  Grapeshit needs to either step up and do something about this, or they need to be made to own it, and all the baggage that goes along with that.  (Reduced player base, bad press, etc.)  And they'd need to stop pretending they care about stuff like that by making up some polite rules, but only for the forums.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

What the hell are you talking about?  Nobody's talking about consenting people having sex in a game.  Nobody cares about that, as long as we don't have to be involved in it.   We're talking about people trying to play a game where random strangers can lock them up and force them to have sex to escape, or where random idiots can surround you shouting racist or otherwise nasty shit that gets broadcast over voice into your house.

"Only a game" is a lame excuse for bringing in real-world issues and making it your main purpose just to harass and annoy other players.    There is no other leisure concept besides online gaming where people argue that it's perfectly fine to ruin everyone else's time like this.  A restaurant?  You'd get thrown out.  A basketball court?  You'd get beat up or arrested.  There's nothing special about online gaming that should make this ok.

In the end it's not up to any of us anyway.  If some game developer wants to make a game that is full of hate and rape and racism and the equivalent of a bunch of toddlers running around at a nice party yelling "poopy pants!" over and over, you know what?  They can make that game, in the same way that you could CHOOSE to open a restaurant where the customers are allowed to come in and piss in the corners.   But they need to own it, not go around pretending they've made some great mainstream online game for everyone to buy and play.  So  Grapeshit needs to either step up and do something about this, or they need to be made to own it, and all the baggage that goes along with that.  (Reduced player base, bad press, etc.)  And they'd need to stop pretending they care about stuff like that by making up some polite rules, but only for the forums.

the game states "MATURE CONTENT".... so yes if its just chat or voice or imaginary game mechanics you have to able to deal with it or not play a "MATURE CONTENT" game... what is not ok is that you can be restricted of playing the game for more than an hour! you have "MATURE CONTENT" all over the internet... get over it

and i know of firends experience restaurant with the chef doing kinda "MATURE CONTENT".. its his restaurant and you can choose to go there or not

the bigger issue is when you start censoring crap, where is the line? what can be censored and what can not be censored? its a very difficult topic... and i prefer open internet with BS that i can just ignore over being censored just for my opinion!

Edited by peter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

There’s a whole debate going on in my country about people like you. As far as it goes, it’s part of the game. Just a simple E in the wheel and it’s done. It’s not like there’s anything horrible going on. We’ve done something similar too with a company mate. 

A whole debate about being a responsible adult when it comes to sexual crime... Sounds like an odd debate but then the Swedish government had a debate over whether or not to forbid sex with animals so I'm not surprised. 

"it's not like there is anything horrible going on"

someone is apparently blackmailing a minor for sexual gratification, how can you not think that's horrible... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

A whole debate about being a responsible adult when it comes to sexual crime... Sounds like an odd debate but then the Swedish government had a debate over whether or not to forbid sex with animals so I'm not surprised. 

"it's not like there is anything horrible going on"

someone is apparently blackmailing a minor for sexual gratification, how can you not think that's horrible... 

No about people being too sensitive, taking everything seriously and starting up community groups for ever flaw society has to offer. It’s just a game, this is a game mechanic. Like I said, it’s not like there are people out here trying to have sex with young girls. It’s a mechanic they wanted to have fun with. In my company we’ve already locked up our own members and trolled with it. 

If he wants to go to the police with this, be my guest. But I’m pretty sure he won’t come far. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, peter said:

the game states "MATURE CONTENT".... so yes if its just chat or voice or imaginary game mechanics you have to able to deal with it or not play a "MATURE CONTENT" game... what is not ok is that you can be restricted of playing the game for more than an hour! you have "MATURE CONTENT" all over the internet... get over it

and i know of firends experience restaurant with the chef doing kinda "MATURE CONTENT".. its his restaurant and you can choose to go there or not

the bigger issue is when you start censoring crap, where is the line? what can be censored and what can not be censored? its a very difficult topic... and i prefer open internet with BS that i can just ignore over being censored just for my opinion!

Your arguments are not at all logical.

Re. censoring and where the line is -  The owner sets the line.  Not you.  You don't get to define "Mature Content".  The owner defines it like this for the forums in the section Articles of Agreement - 

Official Forum Articles of Agreement

All sailors, swashbucklers, and landlubbers are invited to join the forums and participate in discussions (notwithstanding any VAC bans on Steam you may have). Though fair thee warned, you’ll need to abide by the following rules;

1. Respect all members of the community. Any behaviour that involves racism, discrimination, or personalized harassment (outlined further below under ‘Warnings’) will not be tolerated. You will quickly find yourself thrown overboard. 

It would be very odd if they cared about this in the forums but not in the game, so we are waiting to see what they plan to do about this kind of crap.  So, considering you don't own the company, telling everybody else what the rules are and to "get over it" is pretty silly, especially considering the owner has already defined some rules.

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

No about people being too sensitive, taking everything seriously and starting up community groups for ever flaw society has to offer. It’s just a game, this is a game mechanic. Like I said, it’s not like there are people out here trying to have sex with young girls. It’s a mechanic they wanted to have fun with. In my company we’ve already locked up our own members and trolled with it. 

If he wants to go to the police with this, be my guest. But I’m pretty sure he won’t come far. 

Locking up someones character - I couldn't care less about

I have two daughters I take the sexual extortion of minors over the Internet very seriously as do the laws in most civilised countries. What they are doing is not "a bit of fun" 

The "we were fooling around" defence has been tried by many sexual criminals

What they are doing is actually illegal and I would urge once again the op to record what they are doing and inform his or her parents followed by the police. Its up to them to decide if a crime has been committed but we as a community should not condone or minimize this type of behaviour. 

To do so shows a lack of understanding for the broader consequences and impact of such behaviour. I have nothing further to add. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Your arguments are not at all logical.

Re. censoring and where the line is -  The owner sets the line.  Not you.  You don't get to define "Mature Content".  The owner defines it like this for the forums in the section Articles of Agreement - 

Official Forum Articles of Agreement

All sailors, swashbucklers, and landlubbers are invited to join the forums and participate in discussions (notwithstanding any VAC bans on Steam you may have). Though fair thee warned, you’ll need to abide by the following rules;

1. Respect all members of the community. Any behaviour that involves racism, discrimination, or personalized harassment (outlined further below under ‘Warnings’) will not be tolerated. You will quickly find yourself thrown overboard. 

It would be very odd if they cared about this in the forums but not in the game, so we are waiting to see what they plan to do about this kind of crap.  So, considering you don't own the company, telling everybody else what the rules are and to "get over it" is pretty silly, especially considering the owner has already defined some rules.

well it gets difficult inside of the game because of missing context... on forum you have all the context... ingame you might have seen a tribe of africans doing stupid jokes about africans and think its racist... now yes this case here about holding someone and asking for virtual sex is not that great, but how much evidence do we really have? 

anyways i am not a fan of racism or other BS, i just think its not as easy as you might think it is... and even if you the producer of the game, you probably do not want to censor things that easy... its a can of worms to go down that road

12 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

Locking up someones character - I couldn't care less about

I have two daughters I take the sexual extortion of minors over the Internet very seriously as do the laws in most civilised countries. What they are doing is not "a bit of fun" 

The "we were fooling around" defence has been tried by many sexual criminals

What they are doing is actually illegal and I would urge once again the op to record what they are doing and inform his or her parents followed by the police. Its up to them to decide if a crime has been committed but we as a community should not condone or minimize this type of behaviour. 

To do so shows a lack of understanding for the broader consequences and impact of such behaviour. I have nothing further to add. 

this game is labeled "mature content"... if you have issues you might as well forbid your daughters visit internet at all...
its not an ok behaviour and its not nice... but the real issue here is that there is mechanic stoping people from playing for more than an hour for a game they payed for...

all these moral issues... well humanity is fucked up especially if people are anonymous  😞

and if your kids are on the internet, you would be naive to think they did not have gotten a glimpse into the rotten humanity already 

PS: i have voice chat disabled to not have my family listen to the BS in these games

Edited by peter
  • Like 1

I agree with some people on here.  The cage and handcuffs are supported by the game.  While it sucks, I have no issue with it. 

What I have issue with is them making demands of a sexual nature to negotiate your release.  This is unacceptable in an mmo.  Where are the clearly stated rules dictating what is appropriate in game behavior? Where is a report system to get a moderator to review your case to see if a rule has been violated?  Where are the in game moderators at all? 

I'm tired of seeing racist players threatening people with real life rape and violence.  These are violations of steams community guidelines, and this is a steam game.  Wildcard needs to enforce an minimum acceptable standard of behavior like any other mmo would do.

By all means trap somebody in a cage and ransom them for resources, land claims, or anything else that is supported within the game rules.  But harassment is harassment.  

4 minutes ago, hillbillyal said:

I agree with some people on here.  The cage and handcuffs are supported by the game.  While it sucks, I have no issue with it. 

What I have issue with is them making demands of a sexual nature to negotiate your release.  This is unacceptable in an mmo.  Where are the clearly stated rules dictating what is appropriate in game behavior? Where is a report system to get a moderator to review your case to see if a rule has been violated?  Where are the in game moderators at all? 

I'm tired of seeing racist players threatening people with real life rape and violence.  These are violations of steams community guidelines, and this is a steam game.  Wildcard needs to enforce an minimum acceptable standard of behavior like any other mmo would do.

By all means trap somebody in a cage and ransom them for resources, land claims, or anything else that is supported within the game rules.  But harassment is harassment.  

you first competitive online game you played? sorry but i am sick of this shit... do not infest my last escape of real world where people do whatever fucked up shit they want to do.... i do not agree with a lot of them... but that is not the point... the point is that we all free here... and i believe steam made their choice some time ago and decided to go for freedom.... if you can not deal with retarded shitheads do not play games please...or maybe dont even go onto the internet.... humans are fucked up... just look at our society in real world.. dominated by greed and money.... let us escape this shit without being confronted with other RL shit!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peter said:

you first competitive online game you played? sorry but i am sick of this shit... do not infest my last escape of real world where people do whatever fucked up shit they want to do.... i do not agree with a lot of them... but that is not the point... the point is that we all free here... and i believe steam made their choice some time ago and decided to go for freedom.... if you can not deal with retarded shitheads do not play games please...or maybe dont even go onto the internet.... humans are fucked up... just look at our society in real world.. dominated by greed and money.... let us escape this shit without being confronted with other RL shit!

You are just wrong, there are explicit rules.  Just because you view the game as a way to vent real life frustrations in an unhealthy and aggravated manner doesnt mean a thing.  If you think the real world is so bad, and people are so shitty, why would you condone that same behavior in your "escape from the real world"?

Sure, people have plenty of freedom on the internet.  Start your own website, blog, or host your own private server and be as racist and "free" as you want all day.  But when you use a service like steam, or even post on these forums, or take part in any of thousands of services including social media platforms, you agree to follow the guidelines set forth by that specific service.  And they are all different.  So dont come at me with a one size fits all "freedom on the internet" argument to justify shitty behavior because I'm not buying it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hillbillyal said:

You are just wrong, there are explicit rules.  Just because you view the game as a way to vent real life frustrations in an unhealthy and aggravated manner doesnt mean a thing.  If you think the real world is so bad, and people are so shitty, why would you condone that same behavior in your "escape from the real world"?

Sure, people have plenty of freedom on the internet.  Start your own website, blog, or host your own private server and be as racist and "free" as you want all day.  But when you use a service like steam, or even post on these forums, or take part in any of thousands of services including social media platforms, you agree to follow the guidelines set forth by that specific service.  And they are all different.  So dont come at me with a one size fits all "freedom on the internet" argument to justify shitty behavior because I'm not buying it.

yes i am wrong... lol... btw i dont do racist or any other bad shit... even on the internet... i just accept that freedom also entails some shitheads and i do not want to silence them because where do you stop silencing people for you own good (and who decides whats your own good, in the end it will get abuse for personal gain).... so whatever you think you doing get the SJW out of here.

And yes even if you are just a stupid shithead in the game, i will not want to have to do anything with you! and will ignore you!

you just do not understand what freedom means! (if people speak shit we will shame them, if they do shit we will do punishment)

btw i believe there is an US amendment for this kind of shit... im not US so my memory might fail me.. its vague anyways

Edited by peter

9 minutes ago, peter said:

yes i am wrong... lol... btw i dont do racist or any other bad shit... even on the internet... i just accept that freedom also entails some shitheads and i do not want to silence them because where do you stop silencing people for you own good (and who decides whats your own good, in the end it will get abuse for personal gain).... so whatever you think you doing get the SJW out of here.

And yes even if you are just a stupid shithead in the game, i will not want to have to do anything with you! and will ignore you!

you just do not understand what freedom means! (if people speak shit we will shame them, if they do shit we will do punishment)

btw i believe there is an US amendment for this kind of shit... im not US so my memory might fail me.. its vague anyways

The people in charge of providing the service decide where the line is.  You have a fundamental lack of understanding of what the free speech amendment entitles you to do.  You cant just go on any website and say literally anything.  If I were to type up a forum post and just spam the N word 100 times, do you think I would be protected under freedom of speech? Would people just ignore it or shame me and move on? There are EXPLICIT guidelines on these forums that would see that post removed and me probably banned.  So how do you not understand the difference between following the rules of a service you are participating in and the amendment of free speech? 

Edited by hillbillyal
  • Like 2

Just now, hillbillyal said:

The people in charge of providing the service decide where the line is.  You have a fundamental lack of understanding of what the free speech amendment entitles you to do.  You cant just go on any website and say literally anything.  If I were to type up a forum post and just spam the N word 100 times, do you think I would be protected under freedom of speech? Would people just ignore it or shame me and move on? There are EXPLICIT guidelines on these forums that would see that post removed and me probably banned.  So how do you not understand the difference between following the rules of a service you are participating in and the amendment of free speech? 

of course you are right (its like talking to my wife...) lets all fuck logic!

Just now, peter said:

if i would be 80 years old i would just say lets go for it and see where it ends... but i am not.. i want some good years remaining...

1 minute ago, peter said:

I dont envy your wife friendo

• Like 1

Just now, hillbillyal said:

I dont envy your wife friendo

you dont need too. i do not care... we have a good life with some issues from time to time like most couples... but overall we life the live (sorry forgot diff between life and live

)