Sign in to follow this  
Dash4eva

Consider Fallout 76 style of inventory loss on Death. "Keep some items lose others"

One big reason why I didn't enjoy Ark or Atlas, is because of the loss of all items on death. Many people just run around naked or drop items so they can "re-spawn" with full health, and it's really a weird meta that causes this awkward game-play loop that isn't very fun but it's for the sake of "survival" I know the devs originally implemented the game design because at the time of Ark release games like DayZ, Rust and other survival games were on the rise and they all had that harsh death penalty of loosing all items, but I think Atlas could enjoy having inventory handled more like Fallout 76. Alot of things can be improved with the game and I think a good start would be removing the death drops all items, but instead only have it drop thinks like raw resources but the player can keep "crafted food, ammo, clothing, weapons" but perhaps excess items will be dropped, for example "unequipped" items only, or only resources. I think the devs could find a good middle ground that would make many people enjoy the alot more, and would make the game more enjoyable especially for a solo player and less of a chaotic mess, since you could keep items. what do you think?

World's Adrift has a belt section of inventory that's fairly small, but you keep on death. Hotbar items must be in that belt to keep them. I would be ok with the hotbar functioning like that belt. Can any item type be placed on hotbar? I've never tried resources lol