Sign in to follow this  
thesavagerain

29% reviews on steam already

Just now, Percieval said:

Alright so everyone knew about 2 weeks ago that this will look and feel like ARK. Then people bought it anyway.

in what way is it a ripoff then? 

The fact that even though they made a big map but there is really only 4 different islands that have been copy and pasted and rotated 😂 that is pretty pathetic.

since they decide to copy everything off ark they just should have made the 4 maps and multiple servers like ark 😂

yeah ah this game is pathetic 

Then leave, please. Have a good day! 

Same happened with BF3 -> BF4 and I saw nobody complain. It’s a shame wildcard screwed up badly because the idea’s of their games are actually pretty good. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Same happened with BF3 -> BF4 and I saw nobody complain. It’s a shame wildcard screwed up badly because the idea’s of their games are actually pretty good. 

Hey I actually agree with you there. What they should have done is be like song writers and just sell the good ideas they have to make money. 

The aong writers don’t sing the songs, the good singers do.

they are good at ideas but man they have been widely known for years now to be the worst dev company. Like literally the worst. In the beginning it wasn’t like that but they messed up so much even a lot of their white knights ended up hating them.

10 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Heck, I would even go as far as to say they should be advisors for actual good dev companies. Just as long as they don’t touch any of the programming at all!

you know like a think tank

People really need to work earlier in life to know the value of money so they understand why people complain. Ironically, people say complainers are spoiled brats but in fact they themselves are spoiled brats who don't value money.

Early Access SHOULD come AFTER some sort of stress test or closed BETA. Early Acces SHOULD NOT be the stress test.
Not to mention the very incompetent communication department that lets people sit there for 30 minutes after the countdown reached zero, all the delays and the fact that they let streamers play the game first even after everyone was sitting through the countdown. All of this with so bad communication.

I was prepared to accept a lot because this is Early Access. Bugs, performance issues, even delays are ok. But this treatment is just way too far.
I guess I'm old school.

Hopefully they get their sh*t together cause the game does sound promising. But don't come crying now for the bad reviews, it's simply the truth.

7 hours ago, Loominaty said:

Well, if you´d take a closer look at said reviews. most of them are people with... VERY bad grammar, crying about that they can´t download or play.

sooo.. i´d say.. F*ck ´em ^^
Let´s just take a few days so servers can calm down and THEN you should build yer´ opinion, not  the other way around.

I'm agreeing with the majority of you guys. I posted this not to insult Atlas but as a kinda sarcastic/for the lols type of post. I am 100% sure this game will get amazing reviews once its working. Most of the "reviewers" definitely seem to be uneducated. This will hopefully pull itself out of the gutter soon and ratings will improve quickly.

5 hours ago, Phunkie said:

People really need to work earlier in life to know the value of money so they understand why people complain. Ironically, people say complainers are spoiled brats but in fact they themselves are spoiled brats who don't value money.

Early Access SHOULD come AFTER some sort of stress test or closed BETA. Early Acces SHOULD NOT be the stress test.
Not to mention the very incompetent communication department that lets people sit there for 30 minutes after the countdown reached zero, all the delays and the fact that they let streamers play the game first even after everyone was sitting through the countdown. All of this with so bad communication.

I was prepared to accept a lot because this is Early Access. Bugs, performance issues, even delays are ok. But this treatment is just way too far.
I guess I'm old school.

Hopefully they get their sh*t together cause the game does sound promising. But don't come crying now for the bad reviews, it's simply the truth.

I actually agree with you 100%. I think there should be indepth testing before any public access is allowed regardless. A lot of people don't comprehend the Early Access part though and expect to be able to play a flawless game right away.

19 minutes ago, thesavagerain said:

I'm agreeing with the majority of you guys. I posted this not to insult Atlas but as a kinda sarcastic/for the lols type of post. I am 100% sure this game will get amazing reviews once its working. Most of the "reviewers" definitely seem to be uneducated. This will hopefully pull itself out of the gutter soon and ratings will improve quickly.

I actually agree with you 100%. I think there should be indepth testing before any public access is allowed regardless. A lot of people don't comprehend the Early Access part though and expect to be able to play a flawless game right away.

Not many oeople expect flawless. A lot of people literally can’t play in this case.  It’s just another case of Wildcard hyping something to death when they can’t even handle the initial launch. They can’t just keep releasing games in this state and hiding behind the early access tag. They deserve the negative press for now. You can edit reviews on steam and if they recover a ton of people will adjust their scores.   

Edited by Rickyh24

2 hours ago, thesavagerain said:

I think it's misplaced to have that discussion right now as the game and the company has failed so hard. 

It's not people's inability to comprehend what early access is that made this game totally unplayable.

Edited by Phunkie

2 minutes ago, KingLlama said:

I don't think reviews should be enabled for early access.

How would others know not to buy it? 

1 hour ago, Rickyh24 said:

Yeah no i definitely think reviews help with a decision in terms of purchasing a game. I just think a lot of these reviews are not justified. Some are, not all though.

Just now, Rickyh24 said:

We are driving a car that is half finished but still gets you to point a to point b. There is a refund period with steam that I think should be alittle longer than 2 hours for early access games due to problems with em.  I feel a extended refund period would be good to counter it.

11 hours ago, Percieval said:

Alright so everyone knew about 2 weeks ago that this will look and feel like ARK. Then people bought it anyway.

in what way is it a ripoff then? 

I dont think we care about it being some Ark clone. We care about the fact the game has been out a day and it is totally not functional... the fact they worked on Ark and knew what to expect and yet still ran into release issues with major delays...

Its unacceptable.

Edited by Andro Bourne

13 minutes ago, KingLlama said:

We are driving a car that is half finished but still gets you to point a to point b. There is a refund period with steam that I think should be alittle longer than 2 hours for early access games due to problems with em.  I feel a extended refund period would be good to counter it.

Except in this instance after 2 hours of sitting the car (refund period over) a lot of people were not even able to play the actual game. Buyers have a right to know they are getting into something like that.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andro Bourne said:

I dont think we care about it being some Ark clone. We care about the fact the game has been out a day and it is totally not functional... the fact they worked on Ark and knew what to expect and yet still ran into release issues with major delays...

Its unacceptable.

The only problem the game is having is lag and connection issues. I could’ve told you that would be happening also 2 weeks ago. I’m sorry but I see so many people complain about it and then I’m like; What’d you expect? I knew that having a server for that amount of people logging on at the same time would cause problems for the game and nitrado. 

Only thing they could’ve thought about beforehand were the sleeping people (they fixed that problem). So yeah, I’m fine with the game. This is EA so all they’re testing right now is connection /mechanics and lag reduction. Bit ignorant of lots of people to think that it would run smooth straight away with this amount of people. 

It’s an MMO, I don’t think there has ever been a clean and smooth launch of any of them. It just seems like WC/GS/ARK gets standard more hate. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The only problem the game is having is lag and connection issues. I could’ve told you that would be happening also 2 weeks ago. I’m sorry but I see so many people complain about it and then I’m like; What’d you expect? I knew that having a server for that amount of people logging on at the same time would cause problems for the game and nitrado. 

Only thing they could’ve thought about beforehand were the sleeping people (they fixed that problem). So yeah, I’m fine with the game. This is EA so all they’re testing right now is connection /mechanics and lag reduction. Bit ignorant of lots of people to think that it would run smooth straight away with this amount of people. 

It’s an MMO, I don’t think there has ever been a clean and smooth launch of any of them. It just seems like WC/GS/ARK gets standard more hate. 

Well I expected a dev team that worked on Ark to learn from that experience and apply it here... which they did not. Ark was LARGE and had tons of issues at start, but it is in a playable state now. There is no reason for this terrible launch. They have a format to learn from and apply to this game... 

Delay it 4 times... great fine, but make it so it is at least fucking playable after those delays.

Sorry but its just not an acceptable state for even an early access game with a dev team that should already have experience from previous large game releases...

They could have done what many other companies do and do a free weekend stress test before release. This would have found the major issues like sleepers and connection time outs and at least left the game in a fucking playable state.

Edited by Andro Bourne

1 minute ago, Andro Bourne said:

Well I expected a dev team that worked on Ark to learn from that experience and apply it here... which they did not. Ark was LARGE and had tons of issues at start, but it is in a playable state now. There is no reason for this terrible launch. They have a format to learn from and apply to this game... 

Delay it 4 times... great fine, but make it so it is at least fucking playable after those delays.

Sorry but its just not an acceptable state for even an early access game with a dev team that should already have experience from previous large game releases...

They could have done what many other companies do and do a free weekend stress test before release. This would have found the major issues like sleepers and connection time outs and at least left the game in a fucking playable state.

You can simulate 50K people trying to log on at the same time? I think if there was any simulation for it they’d done it. 

Unfortunately, there isn’t. So the only way to test it and troubleshoot it is to open it up and start monitoring it. 

That’s just the way it goes with these kind of games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You can simulate 50K people trying to log on at the same time? I think if there was any simulation for it they’d done it. 

Unfortunately, there isn’t. So the only way to test it and troubleshoot it is to open it up and start monitoring it. 

That’s just the way it goes with these kind of games. 

Again... already knew what to expect from Ark. This is nothing new.

And again, its not a simulation when you do a free beta stress test weekend. Do you know how many people were sitting there waiting to play the game this past Friday when it was delayed again? They could have used that time to do the beta stressed test. They would have easily obtained the numbers to show these obvious issues. Such as the sleepers and time out issues.

There is no excuse to this problem other then bad planning from a team that should already know better. Plain and simple.

Edited by Andro Bourne

Just now, Andro Bourne said:

Again... already knew what to expect from Ark. This is nothing new.

And again, its not a simulation when you do a free beta stress test weekend. Do you know how many people were sitting there waiting to play the game this past Friday when it was delayed again? They could have used that time to do the beta stressed yet. They would have easily obtained the numbers to show these obvious issues.

There is no excuse to this problem other then bad planning from a team that should already know better.

There is an excuse. It has nothing to do with ARK or them learning from something because this is the first time they’re doing this. 

• Like 1

There is an excuse. It has nothing to do with ARK or them learning from something because this is the first time they’re doing this. 

Other then the fact it is not. They are devs that were part of ARK. Time to learn the facts.

1 minute ago, Andro Bourne said:

Other then the fact it is not. They are devs that were part of ARK. Time to learn the facts.

Well all I can see is you ignoring facts to make a false statement?

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

Forbes trying to relate to any culture or technology after 1980 is amusing, and usually filled with hyperbole.

Obviously the launch is shit, it's basically in alpha testing. This should not have surprised anyone.

I understand the complaints, and agree that the early access model of game releases is not a good one. That being said, I'm sure you can still get a refund if you really want, otherwise you're just going to have to wait a while for some stability.

Well all I can see is ignoring facts to make a false statement?

How is it s false statement? Did you do any research on your own? Get your head out of your ass. This is 1 sec of googling. Try it sometime.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/a-message-from-studio-wildcard-r1047/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/1742229167182953489/

Just now, Andro Bourne said:

How is it s false statement? Did you do any research on your own? Get your head out of your ass. This is 1 sec of googling. Try it sometime.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/a-message-from-studio-wildcard-r1047/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/1742229167182953489/

Read what I said again, maybe you will understand it then. 

• Like 1