Sign in to follow this  
thesavagerain

29% reviews on steam already

Out of 2,313 reviews on steam already there is a total of 29% saying to buy it. This game is gonna die before it's even started. All because of the constant delays, lack of communication, and issues.

Even forbes is saying this is pathetic.

f33b0f4df8470514dd2204f00c831d36.png

Edited by thesavagerain

Launch days have been shit days for almost every MMO styled game out there (and many others).  Its the saturation of other media outlets that make it seem worse.

• Like 1

Wow was horrible for a year... Crashes, lag, roll backs and more.. I remember my guild begging noob guilds to leave bwl because the server could only handle 4 raids at a time... It takes time ... hopefully they have the people to fix it

Its Forbes lol, they need to stick to what they know and get out of the video game world. Its a Early Access launch!

• Like 1

Most of them didn't even play the game yet.. Just want to give  it a negative review. That's what happens when you can instant review something and you know people just love to hate everything these days

• Like 2

The only people who think this is one of "the most fumbled launches in videogame history" likely have little to no actual experience with videogames.

My short list of terrible launches that make Atlas look like a walk in the park:

Ultima Online

Everquest

DAoC

Shadowbane

World War 2 Online

Planetside

Anarchy Online

World of Warcraft

Ark

Archeage

Aion

Darkfall

City of Heroes

Conan Exiles

Age of Conan

• Like 1

Wouldnt exactly list ark and think it negates this.  This launch isn’t going any better so far and is made by the same team. Forbes does suck though. 

Edited by Rickyh24

Anyone who played WoW during launch week (yes, I said WEEK) of Warlord of Draenor remembers that the game was unplayable the whole time. I'm sure you'll all make it through a bad launch.

The culture certainly isn't being very kind to Atlas according to the metrics.

But it's still tagged as Early Access. Expecting a full-fledged working release is unrealistic. From what I can see, the marks against the game currently in some of the comments (skimming them since there are a lot of them) relate to the delays, the lack of optimization that people feel through low frames per second, and the ongoing connectivity issues that players have been experiencing for the past few hours.

I'll be honest those reviews are well deserved. You can't release garbage and expect your customers to not be annoyed. People sticking up for this kind of behavior is why the gaming industry is in such a state as it is atm. The developers need to held accountable for their sloppy work.

4 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

I'll be honest those reviews are well deserved. You can't release garbage and expect your customers to not be annoyed. People sticking up for this kind of behavior is why the gaming industry is in such a state as it is atm. The developers need to held accountable for their sloppy work.

E a r l y a c c e s s 
Youre PAYING for an unfinished product. You should always expect the launch of a EA game to be complete shit technical wise and server wise. I cannot wrap my head around you folks complaining about this nonsense. God damn zoomers.

Well, if you´d take a closer look at said reviews. most of them are people with... VERY bad grammar, crying about that they can´t download or play.

sooo.. i´d say.. F*ck ´em ^^
Let´s just take a few days so servers can calm down and THEN you should build yer´ opinion, not  the other way around.

Edited by Loominaty
  • Like 1

You can’t take those seriously. It’s either people that don’t know how the game works, that login with 1000 other people and then say it laggs, or either just hate for the sake of hating. I’ve been following it a bit and maybe 80% of them can’t be taken seriously. If you make a negative review, then tell us why instead of go full ignorant cry mode. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brehon said:

Launch days have been shit days for almost every MMO styled game out there (and many others).  Its the saturation of other media outlets that make it seem worse.

A typical excuse but that’s ok, I figured some white knights would use it. Sure most launches have problems, what you don’t realize is this is wildcard and there will continue is to be these problems. 

Sure then people will use the early access excuse, but they still don’t realize that the problems will continue as well.

finally comes official release and when the problems still continue they say “come on guys it just barely got released” 😂 here is where the white knights get really pathetic because they use the same excuse 6 months after and finally one day they become us because they can finally get some common sense and realize it won’t stop and the devs simply don’t care.

so no man, it’s wildcard

44 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You can’t take those seriously. It’s either people that don’t know how the game works, that login with 1000 other people and then say it laggs, or either just hate for the sake of hating. I’ve been following it a bit and maybe 80% of them can’t be taken seriously. If you make a negative review, then tell us why instead of go full ignorant cry mode. 

Don’t worry, you will join them shortly. Wildcard has a way about them 😉

55 minutes ago, Loominaty said:

Well, if you´d take a closer look at said reviews. most of them are people with... VERY bad grammar, crying about that they can´t download or play.

sooo.. i´d say.. F*ck ´em ^^
Let´s just take a few days so servers can calm down and THEN you should build yer´ opinion, not  the other way around.

You must not k ow wildcard. If not you can have a pass. Don’t worry the problems will continue. This isn’t a server problem or a launch problem, this is a dev problem. You’ll see

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

A typical excuse but that’s ok, I figured some white knights would use it. Sure most launches have problems, what you don’t realize is this is wildcard and there will continue is to be these problems. 

Sure then people will use the early access excuse, but they still don’t realize that the problems will continue as well.

finally comes official release and when the problems still continue they say “come on guys it just barely got released” 😂 here is where the white knights get really pathetic because they use the same excuse 6 months after and finally one day they become us because they can finally get some common sense and realize it won’t stop and the devs simply don’t care.

so no man, it’s wildcard

Don’t worry, you will join them shortly. Wildcard has a way about them 😉

No I probably won’t. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

E a r l y a c c e s s 
Youre PAYING for an unfinished product. You should always expect the launch of a EA game to be complete shit technical wise and server wise. I cannot wrap my head around you folks complaining about this nonsense. God damn zoomers.

Because a lot of us are already very familiar with wildcard. Typical white knights. They aren’t just complaining because things aren’t working. The complaint is coming from them knowing that wildcard is still wildcard and the problems will continue.

you can be hopeful all you want but the people that know them, know exactly what’s going to happen. The problems will continue.

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

No I probably won’t. 

You poor thing. Yeah you will. Wait till a year in and you still have “launch” problems 

The game is a few hours old on a weekend before christmas. Anyone who thoughts it would do different is not a gamer. Sorry but that launch is like all other MMO launches (most of them).

The only thing you can blame the devs is their lack of communication and their fail delays. Now lets see if they can make it stable over the holidays.

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

You poor thing. Yeah you will. Wait till a year in and you still have “launch” problems 

You can look into the future mate? That’s great 🙂 

I’d rather stick to realism. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

I don't care about delays, but how can people be happy with the fact that this game is a blatant reskin of Ark?

"E a r l y a c c e s s 
Youre PAYING for an unfinished product. "

This is basically Ark, so them charging money for Ark skinned as another game is a ripoff.

3 minutes ago, Nox Mani said:

I don't care about delays, but how can people be happy with the fact that this game is a blatant reskin of Ark?

"E a r l y a c c e s s 
Youre PAYING for an unfinished product. "

This is basically Ark, so them charging money for Ark skinned as another game is a ripoff.

Alright so everyone knew about 2 weeks ago that this will look and feel like ARK. Then people bought it anyway.

in what way is it a ripoff then? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You can look into the future mate? That’s great 🙂 

I’d rather stick to realism. 

Not looking into the future. Just realize that history repeats itself and ark has problems 3 years after their launch. Sure some got fixed but the severe problems stayed for 1 1/2 to 2 years. Don’t need to be psychic to see reality 😂