Buccaneers

Configure Power Stone on the ServerGridEditor

I found out that (from the full server map) that on a PVE island we can set this value:

IslandInstanceCustomDatas1: PowerStoneIndex
IslandInstanceCustomDatas2: 3

I know the usage of the Power Stone for the official map:

It seems that there are 9 power stone on the map. And at the center of the map you can see (again when you are in game on your map) you need to bring all power stones.

Power stones are artifacts that you need to collect, when you collect the 9 powers stones there is an event you SHOULD do with other people to kill a special monster. I don't know more about it because I haven't done it xD

Question:

1. Is there a Guide how to configure the PowerStone for a custom map?
  2. Why the Power Stone are "random" showed on the default 2x2 grid map? Does it help to use those parameter (IslandInstanceCustomDatas..) and should only be used for pve islands?
  3. Is this all "Power Stone Setup" anyway use full, for this kind of small grid (2x2)
    (I would need for every Power Stone a PVE Island (9) and also maybe some Island for the "Endgame" Monster; so in my opinion no way for a smaller grid)

thanks for you input!

2018-12-30 13_05_56-ATLAS.png

The quest markers for the power stones "works" only for the 15x15 server grid.

Each of these markers points to a "Golden Age Ruin" server.

Each Golden Ruin server has:

• a PVE specific Island
  • a PowerStoneIndex in the custom datas of the island
  • a "Manual" discovery point related to the power stone

The last power stone seems to be on the "Ghostship" (the one added with a ship path).

The endgame boss is on the ocean (check The Center Maw server on the 15x15 grid) -> Edit server / ExtraSubLevel / EndBossLevel.

I managed to add most the content on my 4x4 server, only need to change the coordinates of the quests markers now.

The hard part is to test if it's really working and if i can get the power stones...

On 12/30/2018 at 5:37 AM, Kaldren021 said:

The quest markers for the power stones "works" only for the 15x15 server grid.

Each of these markers points to a "Golden Age Ruin" server.

Each Golden Ruin server has:

• a PVE specific Island
  • a PowerStoneIndex in the custom datas of the island
  • a "Manual" discovery point related to the power stone

The last power stone seems to be on the "Ghostship" (the one added with a ship path).

The endgame boss is on the ocean (check The Center Maw server on the 15x15 grid) -> Edit server / ExtraSubLevel / EndBossLevel.

I managed to add most the content on my 4x4 server, only need to change the coordinates of the quests markers now.

The hard part is to test if it's really working and if i can get the power stones...

This is incorrect. The quest markers work just fine on unofficial servers. You have to convert the coordinates to a 0,,1 value for the quest JSON, which a lot of people aren't doing. This causes the markers to be off.

Once you have a PVE island, you need to get the X and Y coords in the editor and then do this: (Quest X Value) = EditorXCoord / (Cellsize * Numgrids) where cellsize is your cellsize in Project->Edit and Numgrids is the number of grids you have on that axis. This should return a value between 0 and 1, which is what you need to use in the json for the quest. You also need to make sure the island you're measuring uses the same PowerstoneIndex as the entry in the json, or it will be weird.

5 minutes ago, Morgrhim said:

This is incorrect. The quest markers work just fine on unofficial servers.

Never said it wasn't working for unofficial server.

Just that it was set by default for the 15x15 grid and that i needed to now change coordinates for my 4x4.

I've a rough short explanation in my german tutorial:

Basicly to get it to work, you have to use the specified islands because they are prepared with spawns and buildings (umap) plus to add discoverys.

For the last powerstone including endboss, you need to add a specified line to the zone including discovery.

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2019 at 11:28 AM, Morgrhim said:

Once you have a PVE island, you need to get the X and Y coords in the editor and then do this: (Quest X Value) = EditorXCoord / (Cellsize * Numgrids) where cellsize is your cellsize in Project->Edit and Numgrids is the number of grids you have on that axis. This should return a value between 0 and 1, which is what you need to use in the json for the quest. You also need to make sure the island you're measuring uses the same PowerstoneIndex as the entry in the json, or it will be weird.

Where exactly does the position come from? Is it a specific point on the island, or is it just somewhere on the island like the middle? Also do you have to have the 9 manual discovery points for each powerstone? 

Thanks!

You also need to make some special invisible disc zones for the Altar to appear after you kill the boss, else you wont get the alter/stone after killing the boss. There is quite a work behind getting powerstones working on unofficial.
And I read from a guide that the minimum for a fully functional powerstone questline you need 3x3 minimum.