Buccaneers

PVE Island are disabled for gathering ressources (bad for smaller grids)

We play on a small grid (2x2) and I like the PVE Islands, but I found out that on those we cant harvest any ressources (e.g. the MNT_G_ET_PVE Island). For a smaller Grid its better if we can farm on different islands. Or do I miss the reason for this setting?

Question: Is it possible to activate harvest on a PVE Island over a configoptions (e.g. with IslandInstanceCustomData, etcetera)?

Update:

I also found out that the MNT_Y_CP (Polar Island) is also not for harvesting (but its not PVE) - wired?

Edited by Buccaneers

Any chances you might have moved the islands a bit on your grid after your map file was created? We had that issue it that was the cause, had to wipe the map and all was good after.

The Polar Island (non PVE) could be, thanks for the hint. The PVE I do not believe, but I will remove the island and recheck later. 

1. Do you mean that harvest ressources should also work on PVE islands normally?
  2. Removeing the Island Restart der Server and later add the Island again should be enough or do you think that a complete server delete is necessary?

Yea, and I think you need all 8 of  them for the power stones, that is a lot of real estate on a 2x2 grid.  Plus the monsters and stuff mean they probably can't be used for setting or building.   Unless I misunderstand that?

Yes your right, I belive on a 2x2 map this is not really working, 'coz the map space is just to small and the main focus is building, explore and sailing. Anyway thanks!

Hey @isaboo if you have a tipp about my last 2 questions,  it would be awesome 🙂

22 minutes ago, Buccaneers said:

Yes your right, I belive on a 2x2 map this is not really working, 'coz the map space is just to small and the main focus is building, explore and sailing. Anyway thanks!

Hey @isaboo if you have a tipp about my last 2 questions,  it would be awesome 🙂

I'm not saying there are no issues with the PVE island, i haven't tried it, but the issue you are having we had on islands that I moved a bit in the editor after the map was created and put my grid in again. That made my map file out of sync with the grid, we delete the map files(wiped) and that fixed it

I made some test... when you move the island upload the json file and restart the server - then I got those problems. Solution was:

1. delete the island
  2. reupload the new json to the server
  3. restart the server
  4. login/spawn in the empty area and do an cheat destroywilddinos and remove all structures (not sure if this step is allways necessary)
  5. reupload the new json, with the "moved" island
  6. restart the server
  7. Voila!

Attention! You can't move structures! This is only marginal tested, so no guarantee 🙂

• Confused 1

Hi,

i have similar problems with my server....

So you took your "project" with the GridEditor and deleted all Islands in it or did you create a new project?
And for the new json did you recreate your json or did you take your old one? (I have renamed all my island and do not want to do it again :D)
And which are the commands for remove all Structures?

thank you

Edit:
I think i found what helped myself...
I deleted all the Folders in ShooterGame/Saved

(Because nothing helped... Wipes/new Maps/nothing...)

Edited by Stuleo
Found solution (Maybe)

I took the existing JSON File, deleted the island (NOT MOVING), saved the file and exported the map. Then I uploaded the files to the server, restart the server. After this I went looking to the old coordinates, made a DestroyWildDinos (to remove some swimming elephants 🙂 ) and removed some old structures (like a bed or a campfire). 

After this "cleaning" was done, I could again edit the JSON File, read the island on a new place, save the image and upload all to my hosted server! So important part, was not to MOVE the island and always do restart between the steps.

About destroying structures. I used commands from ARK (https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands#Destroying_Commands). The point is, you cant destroy e.g. all buoy (cheat destroyall Buoy_BP_C) only on a single island (it always destroy all element of the map/server). So I ended up with single destroy every element (cheat DestroyMyTarget).

The problem is, if somebody set a flag, I did not found out yet, how you can remove a single flag (we are in PVE). I could only use "cheat destroyall ClaimingFlag_C" to remove all the flag on the full map/server.

PLEASE BE AWARE. I just started with this stuff today, and this all are not official information from the devs 🙂

On 12/31/2018 at 2:01 AM, Buccaneers said:

I took the existing JSON File, deleted the island (NOT MOVING), saved the file and exported the map. Then I uploaded the files to the server, restart the server. After this I went looking to the old coordinates, made a DestroyWildDinos (to remove some swimming elephants 🙂 ) and removed some old structures (like a bed or a campfire). 

After this "cleaning" was done, I could again edit the JSON File, read the island on a new place, save the image and upload all to my hosted server! So important part, was not to MOVE the island and always do restart between the steps.

About destroying structures. I used commands from ARK (https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands#Destroying_Commands). The point is, you cant destroy e.g. all buoy (cheat destroyall Buoy_BP_C) only on a single island (it always destroy all element of the map/server). So I ended up with single destroy every element (cheat DestroyMyTarget).

The problem is, if somebody set a flag, I did not found out yet, how you can remove a single flag (we are in PVE). I could only use "cheat destroyall ClaimingFlag_C" to remove all the flag on the full map/server.

PLEASE BE AWARE. I just started with this stuff today, and this all are not official information from the devs 🙂

Is this still working?
Could people harvest the right stuff on the new island u placed over the old island?

On 12/30/2018 at 11:34 AM, Buccaneers said:

The Polar Island (non PVE) could be, thanks for the hint. The PVE I do not believe, but I will remove the island and recheck later. 

1. Do you mean that harvest ressources should also work on PVE islands normally?
  2. Removeing the Island Restart der Server and later add the Island again should be enough or do you think that a complete server delete is necessary?

1, They should. They do on my server.

2. You will probably need to do a wipe of that particular server's save data at minimum.

3. If you are including PVE islands in order to activate the power stone quests, be advised: Adding EndBossLevel to your sublevels in order to add in the Center Maw has irreversible consequences that result in whatever server it is on being unable to spawn creatures on any island in the zone.

Edit: Hmm, didn't realize the above was a bit of a necro (sort of). Don't see a way to delete posts...?

Edited by Dread Pirate Ash