Sign in to follow this  
Mephos

Can anyone explain claiming territory in PvE? And how it works atm?

There are multiple questions from my company regarding this topic. What we know is that you should only be able to claim land if the owner is not online within 3 days. After that you claim it, 30 min. pass, then his claim disappears and 10 min. later it is your claim.

What does "online" mean? if I login outside of my claims I´m online, are they still protected? I assume you have to be in your claims within the last 3 days, but is just walking through them enough to reset the 3d timer or do you have to do any actions like building something etc.?

You sadly can´t check the timer yourself.

So now, I had the following case. My neighbour was very annoying and stressful for all others on the island. We went there and checked his claim and while he was within his base (and his claim) we could set up a flag to contest it (no 3d rule seemed to apply here). The timer was not running as long as he was within his claim. He then proceeded to leave with his raft and the second he left his claim the 30 min. timer started and my flag declaimed his land. 40 min. later we owned everything. He then came back and set his flag and tried to claim everything back which worked as well. We lost our flag but as long as we stood in his claim it wouldn´t finish. The buildings were still ours and would decay in 1h 20 min.

I don´t get it. Why did it instantly started after he left? and also why was he able to claim it back from us?

When we run around and check for claims we often see -XXXX seconds until claim is available. all timer are different despite being from the same company. So how do the timer reset? Do I need to do something in the claim to "reset" it back to 3d?

Any help is highly appreciated especially since most company members fear that we lose our land to some strangers just claiming it and thus all we worked for etc. 

Edited by Mephos
  • Like 1

How old was the original flag? I know that there was an issue with the 3 day timer where people could contest under 3 days, that was supposedly fixed according to multiple sources, however, i've heard that it only is fixed for new flags, so if his flag was old maybe that was why he didn't need to have been offline for 3 days.

I believe (although not confirmed) that the original owner can contest a claim that they lost without waiting the 3 days, but anyone else trying to contest it would have to wait 3 days.

It's difficult to confirm all of this. As for resetting timer I think you just have to be on the land for it to reset to the 3 days. So if you have multiple lands you can simply fast travel via bed to reset all the timers which I believe is all you need to do, and this is probably why people with multiple claims have different timers on them.

As I say this isn't 100% confirmed, but this is what i've observed.

I wish there would be a way to a) name your flags and b) see the timer. Atm we are really bothered by this and the "old flags" issue is something that we probably also have since our core flags are from day 1. 

There is no protection at all. This shit does not work. Anyone can claim your flag after some period of time regardless of your online time spent or standing on the territory.

You think playing on the PvE server will be safe? No! Its even worse then PvP! Basically anyone can steal your shit but you even can't fight them back lol.