Sign in to follow this  
Kumiiyo

Animals should not damage structures

Right now animals are clipping through walls and damaging beds and storage and other things such as looms and smithies. Animals should just not damage any of this stuff. There's literally no reason for that future to be in the game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kumiiyo said:

Right now animals are clipping through walls and damaging beds and storage and other things such as looms and smithies. Animals should just not damage any of this stuff. There's literally no reason for that future to be in the game.

Damaging beds and wooden stuff is normal in my opinion, they need to make it so they can’t hit through stone structures.. that’s a real issue, like you said. 

13 minutes ago, Kumiiyo said:

Welcome to Ark... oops!

Right now they just endlessly Target and attack structure's pointlessly as well. It's not like it's accidental damage like happens sometimes. The animal is just attacking the house and damaging everything and just repeats this Behavior

• Like 1

Animals really shouldn't be attacking player structures, plain and simple. I don't necessarily mind having them around when they discourage naked griefers from doing too much mischief on your island, so they function as a sort of natural defense in a way, but their propensity for gnawing mindlessly at player structures is obnoxious and has no good reason to be in the game.

• Like 1

When an animal agro's you if it see's you run into a building it will attack the building even if it can not damage the building.

if an animal is in combat with you and looses line of sight with you and is near your buildings it will attack the building as it is flagged as yours.

some aggressive animals may hit your buildings when attempting to kill other animals.

generally animals will wonder around your buildings not attacking unless they agro you so if you get animal agro stay away from your buildings.

I mean, I know how this works but the ability for animals to aggro on or damage structures should just be removed from the game especially since they clip through walls

Edited by Kumiiyo

I spent so much time clearing out a good plot of land and finally claiming the smallest area on an island and dying multiple times and hoarding supplies to build a decent size house to get some sort of start and as soon as i put the last remaining piece on the structure four different alpha animals come out of nowhere and start attacking my house. Not even me! just the house! Decrease the amount of animals that spawn in one area, decrease the aggro range of all predators, get rid of attacking structures. I have thoroughly enjoyed the 23 hours i've put into this game so far, but the animals constantly attacking are a frustration that needs to be dealt with. They've made it easy for people with large crews to handle these problems, but if it's just you and a couple buddies it's damn near impossible to accomplish anything without dying multiple times.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kumiiyo said:

There is really no need for them to be able to damage to structures at all.

Idk a tiger could rip apart a dead, a rhino a wood hut etc pretty easy! Clipping into walls or damage stone are issues but no reason to not dmg wood. Want to be "safe" build in stone with honeycombing! for now! 🙂