Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

Really? Beds don't work in Lawless Area?

Is it true that we can't have beds in a lawless area?  I made a bed on a lawless island, but after I died it said "bed is no longer in a claimed area".

Edit:  I also lost my storage boxes I made.

Edit:  It also took 3 hours of work to level up (i.e. chopping wood, gather resources, building structures, killing animals, etc...) which seems kind of extreme.

Edited by [616]RexFortis
  • Confused 1

well that sux, what's the point in a lawless area then?  I just built a ton of stuff, chopped wood, mined, harvested, killed animals, and my XP went up very very little.  So what's the point?

Edited by [616]RexFortis

Just now, [616]RexFortis said:

well that sux, what's the point in a lawless area then?  I just built a ton of stuff, chopped wood, mined, harvested and my XP went up very very little.  So what's the point?

Build yourself a raft and some starting stuff, then leave and seek adventures! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Build yourself a raft and some starting stuff, then leave and seek adventures!  

sorry, but that's a very weak answer.

• Sad 1

sorry, but that's a very weak answer.

What you expect to hear? Details on where to sail, what islands have what? The game is made to discover. You want us to tell you everything? 

• Like 1

It's obvious the game developers are in bed with the Top companies.  How the hell are we supposed to level up to ever compete against them?  I just spent 2 hours of non-stop work on a lawless island and my XP went up very very little.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

It's obvious the game developers are in bed with the Top companies.  How the hell are we supposed to level up to ever compete against them?  I just spent 2 hours of non-stop work on a lawless island and my XP went up very very little.

Then you’re doing something wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The game is made to discover 

Lies.  That's not ALL the game is about.

Then you’re doing something wrong.  

yet another lie, I chopped wood, harvested, laid down about 30 pieces of buildings, killed animals, etc... and my XP only went up by about 300 or so.  I didn't even level up 1 time.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

Lies.  That's not ALL the game is about.

Mate, if you come here unknown about core stuff, please read steam first. This game is designed for you to discover, then build a base, build ships and go on voyages. Trade/fight and all that stuff. No idea what you want to hear here.. feels like trolling to me. 

• Like 1

The game devs should be ashamed of themselves for allying themselves with the Big companies and treating the rest of us like dog meat.

Mate, if you come here unknown about core stuff, please read steam first. This game is designed for you to discover, then build a base, build ships and go on voyages. Trade/fight and all that stuff. No idea what you want to hear here.. feels like trolling to me.  

Finally you corrected yourself.  Good to see.  Thank you.  you see, the game is MUCH more than just discovering things.

2 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

The game devs should be ashamed of themselves for allying themselves with the Big companies and treating the rest of us like dog meat.

Finally you corrected yourself.  Good to see.  Thank you.  you see, the game is MUCH more than just discovering things.

No I didn’t? I said this game is made to discover for yourself. Like literally every game is, sure there are people out there googling everything and wiki is on their second screen all the time but the game is not designed for that. 

• Like 1

What the hell is "discovering for yourself" got to do with biased favoritism by the game devs towards the Big companies?  nice try at deflection, but I'm done chatting with YOU.  Begone.

6 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

What the hell is "discovering for yourself" got to do with biased favoritism by the game devs towards the Big companies?  nice try at deflection, but I'm done chatting with YOU.  Begone.

Lol, now I just think you’re trolling. I answered your followup question loud and clear and now you’re just shouting stuff like ‘favoritism by the game devs towards the big companies’ ? The hell is that supposed to mean? Big groups of players have an advantage in EVERY game I know. Why do you want it to be different here? For all I know the lawless area’s are here to protect you from them. 

• Like 2

The whole point of lawless areas is to offer people that left the freeport a place to stock up on resources or even build the first sloop. Thats why the lawless areas are positioned right next to Freeports. In the future they might remove the build restrictions on lawless island, but for now they are active. I was on a lawless island for two days having my bed on my raft. I see absolutely zero problems with that system.

Edited by Loni

26 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The game is made to discover

Cant discover sh*t when you cant leave the island due to 4+ damn dread ships circling near you. LUL

1 minute ago, Maalus95 said:

Cant discover sh*t when you cant leave the island due to 4+ damn dread ships circling near you. LUL

Doesn’t change anything to what I said, does it? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

well that sux, what's the point in a lawless area then?  I just built a ton of stuff, chopped wood, mined, harvested, killed animals, and my XP went up very very little.  So what's the point?

It's just a slightly different newbie zone.  You need to sail to a "real" island to be able to claim, build, find your corpse and use beds.

Doesn’t change anything to what I said, does it? 

yeah it does, everything is fkin claimed kid. 

4 minutes ago, Loni said:

The whole point of lawless areas is to offer people that left the freeport a place to stock up on resources or even build the first sloop. Thats why the lawless areas are positioned right next to Freeports. In the future they might remove the build restrictions on lawless island, but for now they are active. I was on a lawless island for two days having my bed on my raft. I see absolutely zero problems with that system.

lucky, me people destroyed my bed or steal my raft each time i was sleeping.

Edited by barradrine

4 minutes ago, Maalus95 said:

If it is any help, they ignore rafts completely.

Just now, Maalus95 said:

yeah it does, everything is fkin claimed kid. 

Still doesn’t change to anything I said though.. kid?

• Like 2