Sign in to follow this  
[TFM] Alexander

Why not just turn it off ghost ships at PVP servers?

Why do we need the Ghost ships on PVP Servers?

Reason i play on PVP server is the thirlls to find a enemy ship or just pirate around popular areas for some PVP Action.

That Feeling when you sail alot of cargo and you see a random player ship. This is the fun i look for either attacking or defending

Having Ghost ships is just booring and they are stupied i think is enough PVE /NPCs on what we have on Land

they can spawn wildly at bigger ships still after these patches that made it bit better.

Why not just turn it off at PVP servers and let the players stand for the Action at sea? 🙂

I haven't managed to loose a ship in PvP yet or even try it due to the crazy amount of ghost ships out there 

I would happily let them remove the ghost ships or one per server max never more make them crazy rare and only attack if you attack first

1.) They give good loot

2.) They are fun to kill them

3.) You cant just sail around afk on a small boat to explore the map, getting exp for doing nothing.

4.) Its fun if someome with a bigger ship attacks you and while doing so, he gets roflstomped by a ghost ship.

5.) They are good for some fun when you have nothing else to do, because theres a lack of players for PvP.

Edited by Dingiva
  • Like 1

I think alot of people dont sail around with ships because of them(The bigger ones are more like Trophys). And i think its funnier to PVP then PVE thats why i choosed PVP Server. NPCs are dumb but i drove around with Sloop getting up to 4 Ghost ships spawning at the same time. wtf is that?? after this new patch that just came. Atleast they should put them to a designated area where we can go farm them soo its easier to PVP cause then i can pirate those who is farming them 😄😄😄 

To answer you on AFK sailing that will solve itself if you let everyone out sailing cause then people will pirate around. I would crewed one ship with my guild just to pirate around.

I think there would be more players if we allowed all ships out to the sea. Ship of the Shit should get removed or atleast designated farming area for them.

Then just remove EXP for exploring. if thats a problem... We have to sail out for diffrent ressoursers anyways.

If you think Ghost ships are fun go to PVE server if you think PVP is fun go to PVP server. I dont wanna waste ressoursers or want to fight them ghost ships. i wanna kill players ships PVP is more exciting.

I agree ghost ships in pvp servers is very annoying.  Earlier my crew almost lost a galleon to them, and we lost a schooner sacrificing it to save the crippled galleon..

Edited by Sykotech
adding
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sykotech said:

I agree ghost ships in pvp servers is very annoying.  Earlier my crew almost lost a galleon to them, and we lost a schooner sacrificing it to save the crippled galleon..

You're just bad at this point. They aren't that hard to kill. We've gone up against 4 at the same time in our schooner and killed them. Learn how to sail maybe? Get some NPC crew to help with cannons? Like, jesus, how do you lose a galleon to NPC's.

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy

big ships are trophies? lol... we had a fairly fun battle yesterday, 4 ships died I think, was over quick, but we are just started and the best part was that it was a lot of fun 😄

ghost ships give stuff you need... if they weren't there you would need to get it from treasures or what not, so see it as a way to get it... not like they are hard to avoid now they have been nerfed to oblivion

I have been on quite a few trips since ghost ships first came out and right after the initial big nerf of their range/aggressiveness and have yet to lose a ship. I have been fired on a few times and easily outrun them. The only thing I find frustrating about them is they seem to spawn in your path of travel, they do these annoying figure 8 patterns which makes you have to sail way around if you don't want to risk cruising past. And occasionally I will get into a situation where 5 or more ships spawn in to me left right and middle and it gets a bit touch and go for a second as I try and find a good gap to slide through. I usually travel solo in a schooner or sloop with no problems even with running to adjust sails to adjust for turning around them.