Sign in to follow this  
drednoss

Dedicated Servers - How will it work?

How does this work? If we have a dedicated server will it only allow 150 players? How can one server handle the size of this map? I have a new server setup in my home and was wondering if I would need like 250 servers just to have the whole map available. I just dont understand how a private server is supposed to handle a game this size. 

They said a tool will be released so you can select and host part of the map, I run 3 ark servers on my home server. I think it can handle a large part of the map. The problem with most home servers is the upload bandwith. I will also host a Atlas one once they release the dedicated server software and app id  but with a player cap of 80 people probably since my upstream bandwith is limited at 40mbit only. 

I run servers and the other issues you can run into is your ISP finding out. Most ISP have rules against running gaming servers even with business class internet. But for player cap it will be how well your bandwidth, and server can handle the load of a 150 players or more depending on the hosting tools.