Sign in to follow this  
GrantX

How to actually setup your own private server?

Anyone have a clue I am using Nitrado, and I'm one day in and I have defined a home tile, but the server wont start. Do we need the Dev Tools to make maps? what gives? this is so sloppy.

so steamlibrary\common\atlas\tools has a bat file, but its missing the mapeditor.exe - Been searching around, but no luck so far =(

if your using a rent service contact there admin staff.

Im pretty sure they dont have a 3.0 mapeditor.exe yet and that's why its not working

Only Nitrado seems to have launched private servers... I bet they have paid more than the 300-400k players so they have exclusivity so far. 
But know if you buy a Nitrado, it's still pre-ordering only.

Not all those servers seem to be Nitrado so there must be a app_id available so we can setup our own dedicated servers?

There is an app id, however it's tied to subscription.... so Nitrado has the inside connections with WC

To report this morning at around 8:30am CST my server is now up and working. It's running version 4.1 - No lag, can connect right away. Very large space. It's pretty nice.  Thank you for for your replies I appreciate you!

Edit: I just want to add that the way things are being handled to resolve issues and patching are pretty timely on both ends.

Edited by GrantX

29 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

I had my small server start at 9:00 EST this morning, once they told us what we needed to do.

Was full before I got on.  LOL

Now, need to find some documentation on settings, configurations, and such.

Goodluck finding documentation. Please share if you find any.

Our Nitrado server is up and running. It just has been updated to Version 5.0

If now i could find a way to get the right mapfiles 😕

I have a 4 server cluster up and running through Nitrado, that is updated to 5.0...But I'm having trouble getting the island editor 

15 minutes ago, Anubion said:

Our Nitrado server is up and running. It just has been updated to Version 5.0

If now i could find a way to get the right mapfiles 😕

Do you have 1 server running? I just wanna know how big it is with 1 server..

• Like 1

I have yet to login to my personal server since I am at work for the next 4 hours, but from what some other co-workers tell me, it's rather large and there are islands that are visible in the distance.

25 minutes ago, Damahlyee said:

I have a 4 server cluster up and running through Nitrado, that is updated to 5.0...But I'm having trouble getting the island editor 

I have looked under steam TOOLS, the root folder itself and on the Nitrado site (Besides google fu'ing it) and I have not located any files/editors available at this current time. I know they said they planned on making guides for this over the next few days but I have seen nothing so far.

Edited by GrantX

2 minutes ago, GrantX said:

I have yet to login to my personal server since I am at work for the next 4 hours, but from what some other co-workers tell me, it's rather large and there are islands that are visible in the distance.

I have looked under steam TOOLS, the root folder itself and on the Nitrado site (Besides google fu'ing it) and I have not located any files/editors available at this current time. I know they said they planned on making guides for this over the next few days but I have seen nothing so far.

But what does rather large mean.. 

if you pick the size of any ark map, for this game that would be way too small.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have the bat file but there's no exe to go with it, as far as the map editor goes. I watched Timmac play around with it on stream, but that was before they updated a bunch of things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Wish I could give you a better idea, just don't have a way of doing that at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

From whats been projected...according to atlasmapped.com ...it would take over an hour to get from one side of a single server map to the other.

We have the 1 server option with 10 players on nitrado, it's literally just 1 grid it seems.  Need to upgrade to 4 servers (so like $61 CDN) for 4 grids.  

We're trying to figure out how to make the map we have into a non-freeport if that's possible.   Since we only have the 1 grid right now and it's a freeport our entire server is literally just a freeport and we're capped at level 8 lol.

Either we don't know what we're doing or there's a serious issues with that way this is setup.

I don't even get the prices, Ark servers are like $15 for 70 people with a map that's fully covered by land/mountains/forests/etc, these grids are apparently the same size as Ark so sure 1 server = 1 grid, but then why is it only 10 people instead of 70 for the same price?  And then the devs were saying how it'll be easy to run these because it's mostly water, hence how they're able to get so many people.  

7 minutes ago, Twoapplesnbanana said:

We have the 1 server option with 10 players on nitrado, it's literally just 1 grid it seems.  Need to upgrade to 4 servers (so like $61 CDN) for 4 grids.  

We're trying to figure out how to make the map we have into a non-freeport if that's possible.   Since we only have the 1 grid right now and it's a freeport our entire server is literally just a freeport and we're capped at level 8 lol.

Either we don't know what we're doing or there's a serious issues with that way this is setup.

I don't even get the prices, Ark servers are like $15 for 70 people with a map that's fully covered by land/mountains/forests/etc, these grids are apparently the same size as Ark so sure 1 server = 1 grid, but then why is it only 10 people instead of 70 for the same price?  And then the devs were saying how it'll be easy to run these because it's mostly water, hence how they're able to get so many people.  

Capped a level 8, thats concerning. The price comment is concerning too.

Just now, GrantX said:

Capped a level 8, thats concerning. The price comment is concerning too.

i don't know if we missed something and are able to change that, but that does seem like an oversight by Grapeshot as well I'd think.  Freeports in private servers shouldn't count like freeports in officials.  You're basically paying for a grid you can't fully use, unless if you are able to turn it off as a freeport so it doesn't limit you to level 8.