Sign in to follow this  
Nex

Removed Ships of the Damned until they can be balanced...

We have lost 3 sloops in the 3 times we have taken them out. While sailing on a raft for about a grids length, I saw over 20+ Ships of the Damned. The green ones, you can SOMETIMES get away, but the reds can go faster than a sloop with 2 speed sails. It also doesn't help that they sometimes don't render until you are already in their aggro range. These should be rare encounters, not an every sails occurrence. Our island is literally surrounded by them constantly. Pls

• Like 2

Just make it so that they can only for example, appear during the night or during fog/special weather. Reduce the spawns further to match the weather on the entire map and a limited vicinity so that they cannot be within a certain distance of each other (so there wouldn't be 2 of them in the same fog area and if one ship appears for people x on certain area, a ship can't appear twice with the same fog if one is already defeated).

This "thing" WAS supposed to be somewhat "rare" wasn't it? ...so make it so! Besides, it'll be more THRILLING to encounter when it appears silently from the mist or from the pitch black of the night.. and it's lights won't show until it aggros someone, otherwise it stays hidden. When you defeat it, you'd get those rare spoils that only drop from defeating one. Now that'd b a REAL ghost ship! As it is now, it feels like it's nothing special and just another "monster" roaming the seas. @Jatheish

Edited by Nasibihc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nasibihc said:

Just make it so that they can only for example, appear during the night or during fog/special weather. Reduce the spawns further to match the weather on the entire map and a limited vicinity so that they cannot be within a certain distance of each other (so there wouldn't be 2 of them in the same fog area and if one ship appears for people x on certain area, a ship can't appear twice with the same fog if one is already defeated).

This "thing" WAS supposed to be somewhat "rare" wasn't it? ...so make it so! Besides, it'll be more THRILLING to encounter when it appears silently from the mist or from the pitch black of the night.. and it's lights won't show until it aggros someone, otherwise it stays hidden. When you defeat it, you'd get those rare spoils that only drop from defeating one. Now that'd b a REAL ghost ship! As it is now, it feels like it's nothing special and just another "monster" roaming the seas. @Jatheish

Exaactly... I should never run into 4 or 5 of them. If it was a rare encounter and we happened to lose a ship, it would suck, but be whatever. It just gets tiring when you lose a ship every time you go farther than 2 miles.

I think Ships of the damned need to be balanced a lot more and I would at least include sloops to the same list as the raft of a non target.

Personally, I think the ships of the damned should be restricted to the islands that are important to story development, like the power stones or whatever. I would then also include a much easier ship of the damned for something like a sloop to take on with maybe swivel guns, since cannons are a bit heavy.

Agreed. They should be part of the high level content. They're a faffing awesome piece of high level content but to remain awesome, they shouldn't be more common that rainfall or corn.

I agree completely. We died to another one today after a 2 hour journey and almost making it back home with the loot. It really kills the game. If it were a player, then we know we could have done something better or at least someone else is getting the loot. Having an NPC fuck you over really makes me want to not play. It's sad. 

They should be something that you have to hunt for. Not something that actively is hunting you around every corner. There are 40,000 players that do that already. Fix this or you will have a dead game.

20181230034610_1.jpg

I really like this game despite all the bad critics, but loosing the complete work of many hours by the clumsy implementation of this *********** stopped me from playing this game. I had four mates playing. They all rage quit the game cause of this. What did they thinking of. If the want to wipe the servers, get bad critics and loose their player base, they did a good job.

20181227215822_1.jpg

Yea they come to shore and destroy everything aggro range reduced by 50% my ass, ive run into 9 at a time. They need to fix this aggro nonsense because at current they seem to aggro against a ship all the way across the zone.

Edited by Luxfere