Robben DuMarsch

Leave x2.5 resource modifier permanently.

I hate the 2,5x and I hope it doesn’t stay. The 1X is perfectly fine. I understand that for solo/small groups it is better, but it’s making the gap between alpha’s and small groups hella worse. Talking about PVP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol that's BS. Before x2.5 I couldn't even have the cannons or cannonballs to fight a ship from an established clan. Now I've got a kitted brigantine. Maybe they can replace their shit easily, but at least now we can fight them. I can now also enjoy PvE content meaningfully. My ratio of grind to action is still like 10:1, but that's better than 25:1.

You're also the biggest fanboi and lifeless nut on this forum. You've clearly got a lot more time than the average player to dick around.

Edited by Robben DuMarsch
  • Like 1

the current ratio makes restarting from scratch (which most of us do again and again and again) much less of a hassle

but the core problem of the game is not fixed by increasing ressource multipliers. 

its the times we die in this game due to dumb unbalanced stuff. 

like OP mentioned: mobs, AI ships etc etc. 

it needs adjusting. otherwise its not playable - or, what i meant - enjoyable

6 minutes ago, Robben DuMarsch said:

Lol that's BS. Before x2.5 I couldn't even have the cannons or cannonballs to fight a ship from an established clan. Now I've got a kitted brigantine. Maybe they can replace their shit easily, but at least now we can fight them. I can now also enjoy PvE content meaningfully. My ratio of grind to action is still like 10:1, but that's better than 25:1.

You're also the biggest fanboi and lifeless nut on this forum. You've clearly got a lot more time than the average player to dick around.

Judging by this comment, you can’t be taken serious, lol. What I said is true, what the multiplier does is improve the chance for everyone on being wiped. If you want to counter it in any way, you need to have the same hours, or more than the big companies, which I don’t think will be the case. Not to forget about the chinese. 

7 minutes ago, Robben DuMarsch said:

... ^^

also: i have already over 30 hours of playtime in this grinding simulator. 

time and grind does not help at all. yes you get the ships and such BUT you get wrecked anyways

again and again and again

1 minute ago, psykikk said:

the current ratio makes restarting from scratch (which most of us do again and again and again) much less of a hassle

but the core problem of the game is not fixed by increasing ressource multipliers. 

its the times we die in this game due to dumb unbalanced stuff. 

like OP mentioned: mobs, AI ships etc etc. 

it needs adjusting. otherwise its not playable - or, what i meant - enjoyable

Yes ofcourse but then lower the resource requirements of those items. Not to multiply the entire game which gives an great advantage to the big companies. 

lower ressource requirements, increase ratios. it doesnt matter. bigger companies will always be better at farming. 
the main problem is mob range, aggro , respawn timers and hitpoints , plus damage dealt. 
same with SotD. too large aggro range, too fast. and still too many. 

Yeah, why do the devs think SotD is good content? They should be extremely rare, to the extent that the old hurricanes used to be. Travel in this game should be fun and mostly easy, with threats, but not frequent ones.

I do unterstand both Partys.

My Company did buld a new Galleon in 1 Day (4-5 Players constantly farming)

We did sail to another Island (like 4 grids away) to farm the stuff... crafted everything there... and saild back with the crafted parts.

Yes, we did encouter a "few" SotD, but managed to evade them.

It is nice... but also way to fast.

On the other Hand, you have People who get constantly wreked because of SotD, Bugs, or other stuff... they realy need the bonus 

Edited by Aasimar

2 minutes ago, Aasimar said:

I do unterstand both Partys.

My Company did buld a new Galleon in 1 Day (4-5 Players constantly farming)

We did sail to another Island (like 4 grids away) to farm the stuff... crafted everything there... and saild back with the crafted parts.

Yes, we did encouter a "few" SotD, but managed to evade them.

It is nice... but also way to fast.

On the other Hand, you have People who get constantly wreked because of SotD, Bugs, or other stuff... they realy need the bonus 

this pretty much sums it up pretty good. and theres more poeple I htink that try to play solo and for them its incredibly frustrating at times.. so the multiplier surely helps  to ease the pain. 

BUT: I build a sloop in an hour.... whch repays me because I lost two before that took me two days and were lost to overkly aggro SotD

so I enjoy the ratio 

+1 

as long as you make ships magically kickflip in th emiddle of the ocean after server restart, leave rates at 2.5x

• Thanks 1

You want 2.5x go to a private server, i want the pacing of a MMO which is what the official ones are meant to be, not instant gratification.