DaCr33d

Allow players to rent claims from other companies

As things are on PvE where we can not really fight each other for land, and also since PvE means Player Versus Environment, we are not supposed to be contending with each other in PvE, thats why there are PvP servers. There is no land available for new players. Why not allow them to rent land from the greedy solo player who claimed the whole island? That way the guy who got there first, gets paid, and the guy looking for a place to start his game can do so without throwing salt across the room. 

• Like 2

This works on PvP too, the goal of big companies seems to be to take as much territory as humanly possible and smaller players arent having much fun if they cant find some land to build. I think if this system was implemented it would be popular with the big companies with lots of territory. They would want to rent out whole islands for sure.

I don't think this would really work.  Do you really think those that claim everything they can get their hands on they will let the land go cheap? I spent nearly 10 hours sailing around yesterday grabbing what loot spawns in the ocean I could and I barely have 100g. A new player likely isn't going to spend 10 hours or more just to get enough gold or materials saved up to satisfy a greedy player just so they can build in a survival crafting game. There are to many other options out there without such a huge time/frustration investment to get started.

Edit: Yes I spent that 10 hours but that was only because I being stubborn trying to find land. Never did before giving up and logging off. Either gonna wait to rent my own server, single player mode, or they figure something out.

Edited by Xenogias

On 12/30/2018 at 8:34 PM, Xenogias said:

I don't think this would really work.  Do you really think those that claim everything they can get their hands on they will let the land go cheap? I spent nearly 10 hours sailing around yesterday grabbing what loot spawns in the ocean I could and I barely have 100g. A new player likely isn't going to spend 10 hours or more just to get enough gold or materials saved up to satisfy a greedy player just so they can build in a survival crafting game. There are to many other options out there without such a huge time/frustration investment to get started.

Edit: Yes I spent that 10 hours but that was only because I being stubborn trying to find land. Never did before giving up and logging off. Either gonna wait to rent my own server, single player mode, or they figure something out.

This is the exact reason why I think rental should be an option. This person spent 10 hours on the game, and in his own words, is going to stop playing or go unofficial. The rental option should be standardized. Something easy a new player can afford, and then gradually become more and more expensive up to a certain point, like inflation. For example 1 gold the first day, and get more and more up to say 10 gold a day. This gives a new player time to build up and get to the point where they can get 10 gold a day to pay rent. The person who is renting should also have an increased taxation while harvesting on the owners land, maybe up to 40% or something. Increased taxation will lessen the blow of paying the rent.

If I owned the largest part of an island and I had the  option to earn 10 gold a day for each land claim I have, with an increased resource taxation of 40%, I would go out looking for people to rent on my property.

5 hours ago, PixelJunkie said:

Surely taxation is all that is needed, form an alliance with the land owner..get taxed simples

But you still can't build on ally land, this is the problem with the system currently, there needs to be a per flag option to allow building by allys.

• Like 1

If they would just allow us to build on claimed land that was taxed and had to abide by their laws I think it could work in everyone's favor. 

• Like 1

I think the biggest problem is that 1 player can claim as much land as they want. So if they were there first they can claim the whole island themselves, as killing them is not an option in PvE you don't have a real option to claim that land for yourself. We are not a huge group, playing with 2 other friends together and are at the moment only on lawless land as it gives us the most options which is in itself ridiculous.

I know this was discussed often already, but there should be only allowed one claim per person, it gives big companies still the opportunity to get a lot of land but limits the claims small groups can do. I think the best way to do this would be that over a period of time each player has the chance to select one of their claims which should not be deleted and all others will be deleted afterwards. With this way they can keep their claims, big companies will be able to keep whole islands and small companies will be able to get new land which is now free.

We are 3 players and all we want is a small spot where we can build a little base and build our ship. We tried already to claim land but it didn't work so far and we didn't find anything free either. I hope that there will be a solutions soon, because the way it's now with all land claimed and no option to set up a permanent base is really annoying.

The above is for PvE Servers, I understand that there might be a different/better solution for PvP.

Edited by FuyuA

On 1/2/2019 at 9:07 AM, FuyuA said:

I think the biggest problem is that 1 player can claim as much land as they want. So if they were there first they can claim the whole island themselves, as killing them is not an option in PvE you don't have a real option to claim that land for yourself. We are not a huge group, playing with 2 other friends together and are at the moment only on lawless land as it gives us the most options which is in itself ridiculous.

I know this was discussed often already, but there should be only allowed one claim per person, it gives big companies still the opportunity to get a lot of land but limits the claims small groups can do. I think the best way to do this would be that over a period of time each player has the chance to select one of their claims which should not be deleted and all others will be deleted afterwards. With this way they can keep their claims, big companies will be able to keep whole islands and small companies will be able to get new land which is now free.

We are 3 players and all we want is a small spot where we can build a little base and build our ship. We tried already to claim land but it didn't work so far and we didn't find anything free either. I hope that there will be a solutions soon, because the way it's now with all land claimed and no option to set up a permanent base is really annoying.

The above is for PvE Servers, I understand that there might be a different/better solution for PvP.

Thats not their end game plan though. You have to remember that GS wants it to be a "Governor" who oversees an island and rents land to smaller companies who abide by the laws that they set out.
This was how it was described at the release. If you are patient and wait till Wednesday (I think, maybe) you will be able to build on land that the main company on the island has. They will even defend if against invaders for you, because if they don't they will lose that territory and the tax that goes with it.

If it is a one man tribe then WTF are you doing not just taking it from him?
Have one guy stand on one side of the island and drop a claim flag, have someone else on the other side drop a claim flag, he can only hold one flag at a time.

Wouldn't work in the long run. The owner of the land would always have the possibility to revoke the rights. The one who pays the rent could essentially end up with nothing and all their work in vein. 

I don't believe in the renting system, and the tax system on PvE does not work either. If they are determined to keep the flag system, these should be limited. Because you can't really place a restriction of a flag amount, you need to encourage people to own less land.