Sign in to follow this  
Mrskinny

Change Ghost Ship Aggro?

Many people on the both the Steam forums are calling for Ghost ships to be "Removed". 
I do not want this as Ghost ships make an interesting Endgame for PvE servers. 
However I would ask the dev's this.

Right now Ghost Ships have a very predator Aggro setting much like Wolf's, Lion's, etc. 
If they see anything bigger then a Raft they bolt and kill you. 

Would it be so bad (Talking in terms of PvE servers) for the Ghost ships to have more of a passive Aggro? Where much like rhinos and other animals they leave you alone until you take aggressive action towards them. I.E. Shooting at them with a cannon.

This would insure players who are starting out in Sloops or Schooners with no guns can sail, explore and mine resources unmolested and the higher leveled players can still have those Endgame Sea Battles.

I would like to know the Players and the Dev's opinion on this idea and if it has merit.

Thank you.

• Like 2

I just died again ...my sloop went under... they were waiting for me 2 ships as I crossed the zones..and they made quick work of my sloop..

No reason to go out to sea.. please remove this shit to end game zone,or make like 1 per zone or something..

Im not gone grind ships forever sorry lose intrest at some point..

I just died to 7 ghost ships, 4 in the first zone I was in with one following us across the server line to then cross over and run into 3 more ships. this is the 5th ship we have lost to ghost ships. a sloop and a  schooner in dock when they first added ghost ships, then another 2 sloops and a schooner to resource runs since our island decided to not respawn materials. 

1 minute ago, Casually Aggressive said:

I just died to 7 ghost ships, 4 in the first zone I was in with one following us across the server line to then cross over and run into 3 more ships. this is the 5th ship we have lost to ghost ships. a sloop and a  schooner in dock when they first added ghost ships, then another 2 sloops and a schooner to resource runs since our island decided to not respawn materials. 

This is when I'm talking about. The funnest thing about this game for me and my friends is working together to sail around and explore the world.

However we can not do that, as ghost ships prowl the seas worse then the east Indian trading company in the 1800...

Just logged into the game to watch a Ghost ship finish killing my sloop still in dry dock ..... this needs to be fixed

totally agree.iam a solo player and just built my first scoop  and thought time to go exploring the sea......well i lasted allof 5 mins 2 of them all over me.thay should be set to attack only when attacked