Wouldn't it be nice if you could load up some extra resources into a building and people could stop by and trade gold for your extra mats at a price you set? Gold can just be the starting point, but you could eventually set it to request other materials as payment. This would making trading safe too, as you wouldn't need to drop items on the ground where other players could steal it. Another benefit is you won't even have to be there to trade! You could be out sailing and someone stops by to trade, convenient.

• Like 5

I second this. This is an MMO, and most MMO I have played has a trading system. I would suggest maybe to somehow protect the trade stall on PvP, because anyone would then just walk by and break the stall without paying. Maybe make it so that if the stall is broken, all the items are lost and not dropped. This way it prevents people from getting free loot without paying. The stall should have a tiny inventory space, maybe 5 slots max, with an expiry time, maybe 24h. If the timer runs out the items are lost. This way people can not use them as free safe storage on a PvP server.

• Like 1

Maybe more of an EVE Online style thing. Have the "auction house" in Free Ports, and you need to get the cargo to the Free Port via ships to sell it. Then they should maybe mix up the PvE and PvP servers. The map is large enough, there could be PvE and PvP zones, just like EVE Online. Those who choose PvP, would stay in the PvP areas, and those who play PvE stay in the PvE area. But crossing over is up to the player, and sometimes getting from one place to another would force a PvE player into PvP territory. 

• Like 3

I like the idea but I would keep it hardcore. You can destroy the market stall and get everything. But why would you place your market stall inside a region where this could happen. A big company could provide a safe marketplace and take fees for the market stand. So you have to think about making profit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kappinski said:

I like the idea but I would keep it hardcore. You can destroy the market stall and get everything. But why would you place your market stall inside a region where this could happen. A big company could provide a safe marketplace and take fees for the market stand. So you have to think about making profit.

we have been talking about this since the game started and ut is all part if the problems with the claiming system.

we would love to allow people to build and live on claimed land and farm stuff for our bank but the system doesn't allow it yet.

we would like to see the ability to have npc living and working in stalls/shops that you build for them as well. It would be nice to see the currency being used for things. Other than top hats to get more currency, and a way to earn currency as a trader.

Trading really need to be implemented into the game ... Trade routes too.

It would be simpler if devs just made another building you could place on a shore like a Warehouse, you basically put your resources you wanna sell in it, you set the prices and other player can buy or sell for gold (You can also set what resources you wanna buy/quantity and for what price)

Players would have to come to the warehouse to do trading and ports of big companies would easily create a big trade route.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DaCr33d said:

Maybe more of an EVE Online style thing. Have the "auction house" in Free Ports, and you need to get the cargo to the Free Port via ships to sell it. Then they should maybe mix up the PvE and PvP servers. The map is large enough, there could be PvE and PvP zones, just like EVE Online. Those who choose PvP, would stay in the PvP areas, and those who play PvE stay in the PvE area. But crossing over is up to the player, and sometimes getting from one place to another would force a PvE player into PvP territory. 

Love this idea was thinking the same myself.

I think a unique way to do it would be to sell all goods to NPCs who can then value the goods according to demand in region and then list them at those prices. This basically is how sid myers pirates does it. The more goods sold to a port the less they "need" it until they have so much its not worth as much. In addition some of the raw goods should degrade with time as to be a resource sink. Players that sell goods get currency upfront from the NPC interaction. 

If done right you should be able to pick up goods in one port and sell them in another for a profit making a defacto trade route while also creating a market for currency to go towards supplies. 

I would recommend that the currency is not the same as gold to keep the system separate from treasure hunting. Perhaps using "notes" or silver for the markets.

On 12/30/2018 at 1:37 PM, Scorpionshawn said:

:skull: ADD A WORLD OF WARCRAFT STYLE AUCTION HOUSE:skull: 

I am totally against any kind of WoW style auction house, this game is based on actual sailing/travelling and should encourage actual transportation and protection of ressources, supply routes etc...

But allowing people to trade materials for gold or other materials would be pretty interesting as long as it involves heading to the building where supplier is selling his materials, that kind of building could be land based with for example carriage routes or based on the shore with a building belonging to a harbour for example. It would be pretty awesome to load and unload tons of materials from one harbour to another and chose between pirate life or just merchant...

4 hours ago, Hector of Troy said:

If done right you should be able to pick up goods in one port and sell them in another for a profit making a defacto trade route while also creating a market for currency to go towards supplies.

Trade routes would obviously become possible interesting pvp targets encouraging piracy at the same time, giving much more sense to the whole game.

5 hours ago, Will Parrot said:

I am totally against any kind of WoW style auction house, this game is based on actual sailing/travelling and should encourage actual transportation and protection of ressources, supply routes etc...

But allowing people to trade materials for gold or other materials would be pretty interesting as long as it involves heading to the building where supplier is selling his materials, that kind of building could be land based with for example carriage routes or based on the shore with a building belonging to a harbour for example. It would be pretty awesome to load and unload tons of materials from one harbour to another and chose between pirate life or just merchant...

Trade routes would obviously become possible interesting pvp targets encouraging piracy at the same time, giving much more sense to the whole game.

Exactly. And would play a factor in the price that NPCs would buy goods for. A company can even try to make it a monopoly by trying to bully others from the port, but then also give a bonus to distance between ports to always create the incentive to break blockades.

They do have Bank you can use on your own property so you get a cut of anything harvested on your property.  I agree with NO neutral aucion house like wow.  Having something like that attatched to a dock or a harbor and not global inked, just individual selling/buying/trading goods (maybe it links to the BANK to pull and place goods).  like the lighthouse, a prefab piece, could even come with an npc… or something.

Make it simple, owner can chose what he sells increments and then choose a payment/trade for it..

10 Salt - 5g or 10 metal

or something along the lines of that. And if not in stock it is greyed out.

Edited by Liatni

Or, depending on how difficult this is, have the trade building itself, and have it "link" to nearby storage chests. It would draw/deposit from those chests that you hopefully have protected nearby. This way on PvP the stand itself can be destroyed without the loss of trading material. Defenders have to protect their chests as usual, and attackers have an easy way to stop their trading. On PvE this mechanic won't really affect much as far as I can think of though.

On 1/1/2019 at 4:23 PM, DaCr33d said:

Good solution - But not the PvE/PvP Scenario, That was a downfall in EvE - Unless they incorporate a proper war system, where you don't need the other party to aggree to it - I mean who would agree to a War 😄

On 1/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, DaCr33d said:

the issue with segregating the players like this is that nobody would keep their main base in the pvp zone, this leads to people keeping all the best loot and land in the pve zones and also tends to leak the toxicity of pvp into the pve peoples lives. IE more griefing more trolling and such.

I played a lot of EVE Online, and the mixed PvP/PvE in my opinion was great. The PvP zones had the most rare and expensive resources. While a lot op people did tend to stay in the PvE zones, they had to venture into the PvP areas to get the best loot, or they needed to wait for a PvP company to bring it to them in the PvE zones. This made the PvP companies some of the wealthiest in the game, adding to the fact that they could also intercept trade convoys and combat them and then gain the loot that way too. This is after all a pirate game. On the other side, PvE zones had a security system that prevented people with a "bad", ie "pirate" reputation from entering the PvE zones.  So at the end of the day, hard core PvP players could not bother the PvE guys. As a "pirate", you could spawn in a PvE zone, but the moment you leave the area, the "navy" was on you and survival was almost impossible.

I get that PvE people would rather be left alone, I am also a big PvE player. And if implemented correctly, a trading system where you could potentially lose your trade if you choose the wrong route sounds exiting to me. As the game is now, I don't see how PvE people would get the "pirate" aspect of this pirate game if we are always safe, a large PvE group can get a sizable fleet and no Ghost threat would endanger the transport.

At the end of the day, we need dedicated trading hubs. Since we have a lot of Free Ports, they could double as that. People need to bring the goods that they want to sell from all over the map to these trading posts. Then physically unload it from the ships and take it to where it has to be traded. When in the trade terminal you are linked to the global market, where you can see all the buy and sell orders from every free port on the map. You might be able to set a buy or sell order on a trading post you are not physically located at, maybe range of your trading reach is a skill you need to level. But once an order is made, you need to physically go there and deliver or collect whatever you traded. This would enable traders to see a supply and demand from a distance away and then they might plan a trade route with secondary goods on the way. I also think that Gold should not be used as a trade currency, however gold should be a trade item like any other resource. Each Free Port should have "base" resources that an NPC will buy and sell at a fixed rate, however they must only have a limited amount of items to trade, and could maybe reset on a daily or weekly basis. These NPC Traders would start off and regulate the market if it goes stagnant.