Ktmil

PvP Close Combat is too slow

I got one hand sword with a shield but I can't do anything, I'm too slow, this is useless, plz fix pvp close fight

• Like 2

actually no it is too slow , you can still be attacked by the naked with a bow until he out stamms you from range then its gg.

Armour does affect movement but speed penalty can be reduced by speccing into it however just having the sword and shield out reduces movement by about 30% & it is really the only way to counter a bunny hoping auto aiming naked however you will run out of stam very fast .

It would only have a use in a tight corridor or on a boat

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Harry Bosch said:

close combat its fine, when its to fast, a lot of mechanics will be useless

You're kidding I hope. I was speced into swords and armor and a naked with a bow could kill me every time. Trying to hit him while he is running and jumping mid air shooting arrows like robbin hood is unacceptable. Melee needs a faster animation and to not stop you from moving while slicing. 

2 hours ago, foulblade said:

You're kidding I hope. I was speced into swords and armor and a naked with a bow could kill me every time. Trying to hit him while he is running and jumping mid air shooting arrows like robbin hood is unacceptable. Melee needs a faster animation and to not stop you from moving while slicing. 

thats not a problem for melee, its problem from ranged balance at the moment

• Confused 1

So devs, are you gonna fix pvp close combat plz ? or the meta is only pew pew pew ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Harry Bosch said:

thats not a problem for melee, its problem from ranged balance at the moment

99% of people agree the attack animation is slow. You freaking stop to attack mate. why would you say this is OK. Remember the sword on ark? You can slice and walk. Why all of a sudden are we having to stop moving to attack. You ever seen a player stop moving while fighting you whom didn't DC. Didn't think so. Melee is trash atm. 

to be honest, melee in game as well as in rl has always been bad against a superior ranged weapon and history teaches us that. You know what they say: "don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

2 hours ago, MajorEvil said:

to be honest, melee in game as well as in rl has always been bad against a superior ranged weapon and history teaches us that. You know what they say: "don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Right, but when you're going to hit someone in real life, they can't just run behind you while you're taking your time to stop moving, lift your sword, then swing. You will run up to your target and cut them without stopping, it is supposed to be fluid.

Edited by Hetra

16 minutes ago, Hetra said:

Right, but when you're going to hit someone in real life, they can't just run behind you while you're taking your time to stop moving, lift your sword, then swing. You will run up to your target and cut them without stopping, it is supposed to be fluid.

Not quite that simple.... but I get what you are trying to say.  If you did do a running attack with a sword odds are you would get obliterated by a trained swordsman who just stands there and simply parries your attack and counters as you go flailing by.

Especially the combat animations destroy melee, thats why only bow and pistol are used.

Was better in Ark.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MajorEvil said:

"Attack with the cold steel! Push hard with the bayonet!"

"A bullet is a fool, a bayonet is fine"

- some dude from XVIII century who lost zero battles out of 93

if you think your too slow, dont use a shield... shields are very strong atm in pvp making them faster will make them totaly OP. Most of the times i play 3vs1 when i enter ships and they cant do shit because firingweapons deal no dmg and have long reloadtimes that can be cancled with shieldstun.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, MajorEvil said:

bugs in starship troopers did just fine

• Like 1