TheSzerdi

claim flag Invulnerability within claimed circle

9 hours ago, Bad News Bear said:

or just go on a PvE server/unofficial server with offline protection. Hardcore PvP players actually enjoy the thrill of risk/reward. One thing I do agree with there is not enough automated defense against players (there are plenty against ships and infrastructure). If the devs could find a way for NPCs to use carbines/bows, I believe there would be enough protection for ships (set towers/cliff platforms near a port).

There is no fun in being offline raided. No risk / reward. We've wiped out several groups this way, but I'd much prefer actual pvp. The current system promotes offline raiding and massive pointless area denial. Players will always use the easiest and most effective tactics. The game mechanics need to change if offline raiding is the most effective strategy. 

9 hours ago, TheSzerdi said:

There is no fun in being offline raided. No risk / reward. We've wiped out several groups this way, but I'd much prefer actual pvp. The current system promotes offline raiding and massive pointless area denial. Players will always use the easiest and most effective tactics. The game mechanics need to change if offline raiding is the most effective strategy. 

Invest in defences / strategic locations. I have a cliff base I dont really go to that has never been raided in a month

6 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

Invest in defences / strategic locations. I have a cliff base I dont really go to that has never been raided in a month

That doesn't solve bad mechanics. We have a walled off harbor with an AI on cannon every three wall spaces and our actual base is on a cliff you can't shoot at above the harbor. It would probably take days to raid us even if we were offline the entire time. That is not the point. The point is it's shit game design. Especially with this stone nerf, the people that hadn't already built ridiculous defenses now have to work twice as hard. The game mechanics should promote taking only what you can hold and actively engaging in holding it.

Edit to clarify: The harbor is walled off. Not stupid huge gates. Over one hundred wall segments long actual wall.

Edited by TheSzerdi

4 hours ago, TheSzerdi said:

That doesn't solve bad mechanics. We have a walled off harbor with an AI on cannon every three wall spaces and our actual base is on a cliff you can't shoot at above the harbor. It would probably take days to raid us even if we were offline the entire time. That is not the point. The point is it's shit game design. Especially with this stone nerf, the people that hadn't already built ridiculous defenses now have to work twice as hard. The game mechanics should promote taking only what you can hold and actively engaging in holding it.

Edit to clarify: The harbor is walled off. Not stupid huge gates. Over one hundred wall segments long actual wall.

Implementing carebear changes to a PvP game is probably the worse mechanics you can implement. The current state of the game would be better than invuln. More people would leave the game if invuln was implemented over what is currently happening.

Again, there are servers with offline protection available for people that can’t handle PvP servers. We chose to setup in a region that does not interest people and has extremely harsh environment for protection, and it’s paying off. If you dont have the people to look after your base on down tomes, then maybe you should rethink your strategy or even living in high profile areas until you can actually defend.

Edited by Bad News Bear

12 hours ago, Bad News Bear said:

Implementing carebear changes to a PvP game is probably the worse mechanics you can implement. The current state of the game would be better than invuln. More people would leave the game if invuln was implemented over what is currently happening.

Again, there are servers with offline protection available for people that can’t handle PvP servers. We chose to setup in a region that does not interest people and has extremely harsh environment for protection, and it’s paying off. If you dont have the people to look after your base on down tomes, then maybe you should rethink your strategy or even living in high profile areas until you can actually defend.

We live in Polar.