Sign in to follow this  
Faka

UNNOFICIAL SERVER APPID, why does nitrado have servers?

I need the APPID to make a dedicated server. Why can people rent a nitrado server and we can't host on our own?

Yes but what about the map size. Will one server allow travel across the whole map or just a the one grid?

find that hard to believe as they just added 4.0 and upped there capacity by 400% with only 3 extra servers

I agree, they should release the appid so we can host unofficial servers as I've had my dedicated server ready all day to host it just need the info from them. Obviously they have it as they've given it to all the game providers.

14 minutes ago, erall0 said:

find that hard to believe as they just added 4.0 and upped there capacity by 400% with only 3 extra servers

They unlocked it so people can play on the existing infrastructure that was already there. Basically the game design requires people to fan out into surrounding islands. They unlocked it so we can do that automatically because they created a huge bottle-neck by forcing us all onto the same islands. 

We're talking about hosting our own servers, there infrastructure is fine but I have my own infrastructure and would host my own separate map from them which would alleviate the lag caused by 1000's of players.

40 minutes ago, erall0 said:

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. They added 3 servers around EVERY freeport server.

If you host your own inhouse server, how many islands woudl you get? I dont understand. Do you get the whole map or just one small little area that probably has like 2 islands lol?

I spoke with Nitrado yesterday about my server setup and was told they were waiting on files from the devs to set things up on their end before they made the option available for me to create my own setup. He also said that the devs use 256 servers in total for the entire  (15x15?) map setup. For my dedicated server it would probably only be one square-ish in size and i’d have to use the island editor provided with the server files to setup how I wanted my map to look. Of course, everything still being new at that point it’s entirely possible that they didn’t have all the correct information or some of the info has changed since then. I am certainly curious as to how the mapping will work with private servers in regards to future modding. For instance, the airship and airplane they showcased as possibilities would seem to be quite limited on a private server if you could only effectively have one grid to work with. That’s not a lot of room to fly around in. Seems like some pieces in that equation might not be completely thought out yet.