Sign in to follow this  
ChromeSDK

My private server seems to be conflicting with someone else's?

So sometimes when we first select our spawn region, one of the grids will have a completely different name and ping than the ones I setup (the grid that shows up differently is not always the same grid, its different for everybody who tries to connect, but its always from the same server). They are someone else's grids, and when you connect to mine you have about a 50/50 chance of connecting to theirs, but if you log off and log back on, you'll connect to the correct one.

Given that this doesn't happen 100% of the time and people can eventually connect to my server, it doesn't seem like there is any issue with the setup of the server, though I have checked the IP address about 5000 times for each of them. I am completely sure there is no problem with typing the wrong IP somewhere on my end.

Any fix for this?

The issue is you probably took one of the templates I made and did not change the unique id. Get a copy of the newest editor and delete the ID and re-export it. This will fix your issue.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cpjet64 said:

The issue is you probably took one of the templates I made and did not change the unique id. Get a copy of the newest editor and delete the ID and re-export it. This will fix your issue.

Ah that's probably it! I knew I was missing something when I exported.

But hey, while you are here, I am having another issue with your template. Ghost and merchant ships are continually spawning over and over again, making an infinite line of them along the path they have. I didn't touch any of their settings in the editor, the ship paths are all still exactly what the template was. The only thing I changed were a couple islands elsewhere on the map.

Thank you again though for making these! They've been a great help.

It won't let me edit the above post, but I just wanted to add the merchant ships spawn rate is set to 60 and the ghost ship is set to 30.

Just to add i have the same issue with the Merchant ships,  and also lots of Ships of the Dammned.

IF you find a solution please post it up 🙂

that is way to high of a setting lol. you need to realize that is in seconds. change it to like 200 or 500 and make sure you watch the latest vods because i cover how to fix the overspawn issue.

2 minutes ago, cpjet64 said:

that is way to high of a setting lol. you need to realize that is in seconds. change it to like 200 or 500 and make sure you watch the latest vods because i cover how to fix the overspawn issue.

Thanks! Yeah,  that's how the template came that I got, so I didn't want to touch it until I got clarification since I wasn't sure what the unit of measure was. I will be sure to check out the vods, I already am quite a lurker in the stream, so I must have missed when you went over it.

HI all,

Im quite probably being really thick here lol,  i edited my servers ServerGrid.json file and added in extra islands, i didnt adjust the ship route or spawn count.

But i am plagued with merchant ships all sailing merrily along as if they are blockading the islands.

How do i go about resolving this?

CPJET64, have you got a link to you vid please bud if allowed?

Cheers

2 hours ago, Datamonkey said:

HI all,

Im quite probably being really thick here lol,  i edited my servers ServerGrid.json file and added in extra islands, i didnt adjust the ship route or spawn count.

But i am plagued with merchant ships all sailing merrily along as if they are blockading the islands.

How do i go about resolving this?

CPJET64, have you got a link to you vid please bud if allowed?

Cheers

Open up your .json file in the ServerGridEditor, make sure "show ship paths" is checked at the bottom. Control+left click on a circle from each of the different ship paths and look for the box that says "AutoSpawnEveryUTCInterval" and change its value to what you want. I have the NPC trader paths set to 500 and the ghost ship path set to 2000 (so they are more rare).