Sign in to follow this  
Korin

Breeding how to ~

So as the title suggests - everyone trying to breed most things get this mysterious "condom" icon. This is in fact not a condom icon, it is a Pacifier. This pacifier comes in different variations. The most common that most of us see its the condom looking one which means its too cold. Afaik campfires are the best heat source....

Thus you have to surround them in campfires until they are nice and cozy to get it on. This is the very easy part.

So now you have a gestating little baby in your whateveryoubred. Well this little baby is gonna pop out when the timers up and its gonna be pretty temperature sensitive. By that I mean youll see that oh so familiar "condom" icon again meaning your baby is quite literally dying. Don't worry it seems kind of slow but its all good because its percentage based !!! Again by that I mean as it grows up it will lose MORE hp when its cold.

So finally you get them nice and cozy as you're furiously farming wood to keep the fires going, only to come back to your babies mid day and what do you know your lovely "condom" icon is back but this time it looks like a little fire in the middle of the condom! This means your baby is too hot and yet again, its dying …..

So you have to manage this the entire time, hell in Ark feeding babies and imprinting them was the hard work. Let me tell you this temperature management is exponentially more involved than just feeding. That's like the nothing compared to managing their environmental needs. It is C O M P L E T E cancer.

So I thought ok, this has to stop at Juvie (10%) right ? Nupe !!! 

How in the actual hell are we expected to literally turn fires off and on every 20 mins for 2.5days..... Did Anyone test this????

I understand early access, and I think the mechanic is neat, but it needs to stop at Juvenile.

• Like 2

How do you handel the temperatures

we have massive problems with it 

we are in an temperatured zone

@ day its to hot @ night its to cold but you have to control the campfires so long and often 

we've done it @ an horse and tried it to 30% and give it up, 1% round about 1h so we spent 30h and give up

it took so mutch wood and handling time for the fire 

please help

Yeah turning fires off and on every in game day is just dumb, either change it or take breeding out

In ark, kairukus (penguins) gave a fairly good insulation bonus around them. As did  dimetrodons and ACs but I haven't found anything semi-similar to them yet. Maybe we'll get weather control gems later, or can swam a herd of penguins at pregnant shit so they and their babies stay comfy?

I also would like to know, why do we even have the ability to tame creatures in a biome where it is too hot to breed them? Wouldn't make sense for them to even live there either then.

On 12/29/2018 at 12:00 PM, Korin said:

So as the title suggests - everyone trying to breed most things get this mysterious "condom" icon. This is in fact not a condom icon, it is a Pacifier. This pacifier comes in different variations. The most common that most of us see its the condom looking one which means its too cold. Afaik campfires are the best heat source....

Thus you have to surround them in campfires until they are nice and cozy to get it on. This is the very easy part.

So now you have a gestating little baby in your whateveryoubred. Well this little baby is gonna pop out when the timers up and its gonna be pretty temperature sensitive. By that I mean youll see that oh so familiar "condom" icon again meaning your baby is quite literally dying. Don't worry it seems kind of slow but its all good because its percentage based !!! Again by that I mean as it grows up it will lose MORE hp when its cold.

So finally you get them nice and cozy as you're furiously farming wood to keep the fires going, only to come back to your babies mid day and what do you know your lovely "condom" icon is back but this time it looks like a little fire in the middle of the condom! This means your baby is too hot and yet again, its dying …..

So you have to manage this the entire time, hell in Ark feeding babies and imprinting them was the hard work. Let me tell you this temperature management is exponentially more involved than just feeding. That's like the nothing compared to managing their environmental needs. It is C O M P L E T E cancer.

So I thought ok, this has to stop at Juvie (10%) right ? Nupe !!! 

How in the actual hell are we expected to literally turn fires off and on every 20 mins for 2.5days..... Did Anyone test this????

I understand early access, and I think the mechanic is neat, but it needs to stop at Juvenile.

Yeah, breeding is just a big ole ball of stupid in this game. Apparently, it's designed exclusively for large companies or people with way more time on their hands than me. And the best part is, even though they could probably fix it with a few database entries, I seriously doubt it's even on their radar nor will it be for some time to come unless a whole lot of people made a big deal about it.