Sign in to follow this  
Shield

Issue dying when transitioning from one grid to the next

We are having issues with characters dying as soon as we attempt to transition from one grid/server to the next. When we load into the next server we are dead. I've tried it repeatedly and have the same result with all grids bordering our starter zone. Where can I look to get more information regarding the root cause of this? Anyone seen this before and know a workaround/fix or what I may have screwed up to cause this behavior?

We've been having this issue repeatedly.  We were updated to 7.8 last night on Nitrado and the dying seems to have stopped when zoning. However, we're still having issues with getting booted because the server password isn't passed while zoning, so players have to log back in directly to the server to which they traveled.

The one reason I think this may have been completely solved is we often fly around to test region zoning, map issues, etc., and when zoning while flying we found that while we were still booted because of the server password, when we logged into the destination map, we spawned in the air.  While we immediately started falling, it looks like the servers are now transferring your toon's X/Y/Z coordinates appropriately when you move through the border.

Edited by ForceTrainer