Stabby

I lose everything, every day

This is getting old already. I've played sun up till sun down since the game launched. I have nothing. Literally. Nothing.

• Sad 1

It no longer matters. I don't have the drive to start again, for the fourth time. I'll check in on the forums every few months to see if things improve. Bye guys. Good luck.

bye.jpg

My only interests in ATLAS are...

1. Build
2. Tame
3. Explore this awesome map on a big ass ship

I'm sick of losing all of my hard work to animals and players. Maybe I'll come back one day when I can private server cheat and customize it to my preferred game play.

Edited by Stabby
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Stabby said:

It no longer matters. I don't have the drive to start again, for the fourth time. I'll check in on the forums every few months to see if things improve. Bye guys. Good luck.

bye.jpg

happens to me daily since they released lol 9 times dues to connection issues , server transfer issues , mass animal spawn wrecking me , people stealing my stuff from PVE storage . mass 'damned' ships destroying everything .  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Happens to me daily to.  it's already old.  Just logged in, 25 seconds later I logged out..  cba to start punching trees again.  Not for the 4th or 5th day in a row now.

People wonder why I'm so buckled under stress from this... game.

• Like 2

This isnt a solo friendly game. If that's your preferred method of play, probably best to find a new game tbh.

• Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Lorient said:

This isnt a solo friendly game. If that's your preferred method of play, probably best to find a new game tbh.

its a pve sandbox. and what you say is probably the laziest answer really. 
yes, most MMO´s are for groups. and a solo player will always be at a disadvantage. YET in almost all games I ve played so far the solo guy could at least do stuff and enjoy his lone time. 

not in this game. 

its raft -> or die. and hell even if you raft all the time you die a whole lot.
examples ? 

- dieing on a raft and respawning is much more efficient than balancing your healh / food and whatnot
- building anything bigger than a raft does work and is quiet fun once you sail it. until you get plastered by those damned AI ships. oh btw: also groupdsget killed by them. we read those reports. 
you might get lucky for a while, but wait until you got three red and yellow ones spawn right in front of you.. with no wind. happens too often
- building several rafts is actually way more efficient than building a bigger ship.
since there is no real need to transport any goods from a to b, the most interesting stufff is personal equipment and treasure. that fits perfectly well on a raft. 
yeah its a lbit slower and looks nowhere near as impressiove as even a sloop or schooner (let alone anything bigger) BUT, you get to freely roam around at least. 

which is about the only thing that is pretty cool.

- you cannot build anywhere because all is claimed. and nobody ever talks to you. they insult you and tell you basically to fu/&%$off.
- the fact that claimed land can be contested anytime (in pve !!) and you lose everything is dumb as a stump. 
whoever came up with that idea needs to rethink his design choices ....very very hard

its the only sandbox pve game that feels like pvp and the whole world is actually out to divide your buttcheeks and play with you. 

• Like 4

pve land cannot be stolen by other players if you have been in the radius of the claim flag, just steal a plot of land from someone who took over the entire island, that's what we had to do

Haha I lose everything everyday too and I am done with that. You cant go to sleep because if you do people will claim everything you built. this game is a joke

• Like 5

Me too and today i can not log on so sad, whats up with the EU servers ?

We need more servers i said more, more is always better, o and cailm them bastard animals down lvl 1 wolf's takeing 5+ arrows something wrong there.

Happy new Year Everyone..

same. want to build, have fun. I don't even mind dying in a good pvp. (as I suck at it) but I like to use time to my advantage and prevent pvp by building things. 

this game so far is just like worlds adrift and sorts. as soon as you have invested hours of work it gets demolished/burned/stolen/environmental degraded in some way only taking a few seconds. I am done … did unistall. moving to the next game.

good luck for those who have more then 2 friends and might have fun in the game.

o7

I am sorry to say this but this game to a certain level is very well solo-eable. You just have to anticipate on the dangers you encounter out there. No I don't have endless time to play this game either but I managed to build a small house on a lawless island with workbenches and all and I make pre-cautions when I am for example going to sail the seas. Like not take my full armor and guns with me. Or store them in a storage box when I am going to undertake something that might get me killed on the open sea.

And I haven't played ARK, only a few hours of Dark & Light and Life is Feudal, in the survival spectrum.

Edited by digma76

8 minutes ago, digma76 said:

I am sorry to say this but this game to a certain level is very well solo-eable. You just have to anticipate on the dangers you encounter out there. 

Why sorry? if you have fun it's great 🙂
I didn't say it wasn't playable solo. It's  a huge grind and not much (if any) reward. I ran into no resources, making me travel several hours just to get killed by crocks on my raft. respawn-dead-respawn-dead by the crocks over and over etc. (I wonder when they will add XP losses when you die. that would make it complete)
After a while I restarted on another island. Then the grind and repeat it. The only places where I could build something along the coast to get a little more decent ship where invested with crocks or invested with structures from other players. So a house was build. and when we found out it was not there anymore it was only two squares away. so say. 2 hour travel if the wind would be in the right direction...

have fun!!

I started in E4 which is a freeport, sailed around a bit on my raft and then moved into D4 after that and put down a small house and started building up from there. In the meantime I have a claim on A4, but still have the majority of my stuff on D4 (lawless) which is relatively "safe" in terms of animals (apart from the OP Wolves). What I am trying to say is that the more you venture far far away and do it solo, the greater the challenge which your gear and level isn't up to yet.

when respawning I have no gear. i cant lower sail as death immediately raise sails. so moving was not an option.
level 1-5 crocks should not be a challenge. I was eaten 1 zone outside the star area, my buddy lvl 16 and I lvl 9
venturing far far away is a little bit a weird statement as there are multiple freeports scattered al around the map. This means that most of the time its just 3 zones to get into so called safe area. so distance is probably not a measurement of "how far away" one is. 

On 12/29/2018 at 4:15 PM, Stabby said:

This is getting old already. I've played sun up till sun down since the game launched. I have nothing. Literally. Nothing.

Same here, sorry to hear mate.

Same here Wolves are currently ripping my entire claim apart after the continuously chain killed me and all my gear  rotted 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lordversailles said:

pve land cannot be stolen by other players if you have been in the radius of the claim flag, just steal a plot of land from someone who took over the entire island, that's what we had to do

that is only half true . they can contest it right in front of you but it wont tick the timmer as long as you stay in the area you have claimed , thus limiting your ame to that once small circle . I have hd this happen to me as there is a company that has about 20 people and they will just sit and face camp forcing you to be able to do nothing or give up and just let them have it , either way you cant do anything thus I see why people just quit . ive lost my home 4 times now due to it being take while I was offline , one more and ill be done as well .

• Like 1

Get a raft put a bed on it and boxes with pin locks one of the safest ways to survive...learn how to use mechanics and terrain to your advantage. Wolves aka water best way to kill them since they are so damn OP

3 day rule should be in affect so players dont have to stay up if there is only one person. Many players have come from ark and have seen the serious issues there. Alot of rude ignorant people which your used to be its is toxic you step near land its get off as soon as you zone even if you just enter the area to look for resources.

i can in fact say that my daughter just lost both of her claims while she was offline . I just logged in a few mins ago to see they are taken and she was online in her claims not even 10 hours ago so 3 days is all you have unless you stay there 24/7 .

Is there been any info or news of a hotfix for this? I've only got one claim and it contains everything I've farmed for past 2 - 3 days. they just did a patch hope it's in this or the next as this is game breaking to the max, there's dicks in the world who will try anything to ruin peoples day

• Like 2