ForceTrainer

Map Issues Master Fix for Single and Clustered Servers

I tried matching up the names with no luck. In the map cache folder there should be a folder by the same name as your Atlas ID number. In that are the map files as exported by the grid editor. Also the MapImg.jpg file is copied and renamed WorldImageMap.jpg as well

It didn't work.

I think this is a serverside issue with our provider who acknowledged the issue is not just our server. I've turned the internet upside down searching for and trying every solution...no luck.

Another person suggested I export a slippy map from the grid editor and put the folders/files it makes into the ServerGrid folder. It was about 6000 files so across 6 servers I had to upload 36,000 files. Of course it did not work.

I re-wrote my service provider who said they are waiting for the map solution from Grapeshot/Nitrado. It appears to be a closely guarded secret and most Nitrado customers and dedicated server admins say nothing is wrong and the issue must be us. I showed a screenshot of my ServerGrid folder with all the correct files in place and no one could say why there would be an issue.

(and yes all my files are from the updated grid editor and are all jpgs and named properly and in the correct folder.)

Edited by hawk20011

On 12/30/2018 at 11:09 AM, KillJoy said:

I don't think it's as simple as re uploading after looking at the 2x2 template :

In the ServerGrid.json file @ line 4 "MetaWorldURL": "http://atlasdedicated.com/xkvLAefEmYagICAfkDqknUIceSobwBma/ServerGrid", <<< this address gives an error page 

and @ line 10 >>>  "MapImageURL": "http://arkdedicated.com/atlaspreview.jpg", >>> is the same file I am seeing in the >>>  \steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache <<< folder

Just delete everything inside of the quotes on those two lines. and restart.  everyone will have to clear cache again.  if there is no url in those 2 lines, it will look in the ServerGrid folder and everthing should work.

Hi, i have followed all the instruction from above shown, but i still have the same problem with my in-game map, it still doesn't show the map properly.

I rent the private server from 3rd party, how should i fix this?

I removed the URLs from the  ServerGrid.json using Notepad++ , you can just use notepad ..

"MapImageURL": "http://arkdedicated.com/atlaspreview.jpg",

"MetaWorldURL": "http://atlasdedicated.com/xkvLAefEmYagICAfkDqknUIceSobwBma/ServerGrid",

so they look like

"MapImageURL": "",

"MetaWorldURL": "",

Works fine for me ...
For some reason, the latest version map editor when removing those URLs in the server edit, didnt actually remove them from the  ServerGrid.json
Doing this will force it to use the cached version of the image which is accurate, but if you wipe the server, it will show in server info screen as explored until you login so it will update

Edited by Wartai

7 minutes ago, Wartai said:

I removed the URLs from the  ServerGrid.json using Notepad++ , you can just use notpad ..

"MapImageURL": "http://arkdedicated.com/atlaspreview.jpg",

"MetaWorldURL": "http://atlasdedicated.com/xkvLAefEmYagICAfkDqknUIceSobwBma/ServerGrid",

so they look like

"MapImageURL": "",

"MetaWorldURL": "",

Works fine for me ...
For some reason, the latest version map editor when removing those URLs in the server edit, didnt actually remove them from the  ServerGrid.json
Doing this will force it to use the cached version of the image which is accurate, but if you wipe the server, it will show in server info screen as explored until you login so it will update

Yes, i have removed both URL from the ServerGrid.json, but not working for me. Since im rented a private server from 3rd party, not mine. So i dont know to wipe the server. I also tried to clean my map cache in my computer, but still not working. So is this the 3rd party server problem?

1 minute ago, whitestar said:

Yes, i have removed both URL from the ServerGrid.json, but not working for me. Since im rented a private server from 3rd party, not mine. So i dont know to wipe the server. I also tried to clean my map cache in my computer, but still not working. So is this the 3rd party server problem?

shouldnt have to wipe it to get it working, but will have to shut server down then edit the file, then start it..

19 minutes ago, Wartai said:

shouldnt have to wipe it to get it working, but will have to shut server down then edit the file, then start it..

20 minutes ago, Wartai said:

Yes, im doing this always, everytime i edit the servergrid.json, i always shut down and restart the server, but it doesn't work at all.

And the old map appear again, if i remove both URL from json file, what is this problem?

Yes, im doing this always, everytime i edit the servergrid.json, i always shut down and restart the server, but it doesn't work at all.

And the old map appear again, if i remove both URL from json file, what is this problem?

I have no idea whats causing that issue with yours then, I used to have same issue with players that come on my server too, no one else has the problem again..
My in-game map what I have discovered shows on server info too, before I join server..

3 minutes ago, Wartai said:

I have no idea whats causing that issue with yours then, I used to have same issue with players that come on my server too, no one else has the problem again..
My in-game map what I have discovered shows on server info too, before I join server..

May i know you are using 3rd party server or self computer?

May i know you are using 3rd party server or self computer?

I have my own server at home ..

18 minutes ago, Wartai said:

I have my own server at home ..

means you have full control on your own server, did you clean the map cache in your server folder?

i rent 3rd party server, i cannot access to the server folder to clean the map cache.

Just now, whitestar said:

means you have full control on your own server, did you clean the map cache in your server folder?

i rent 3rd party server, i cannot access to the server folder to clean the map cache.

Map cache is on your computer
ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache\

Just now, Wartai said:

Map cache is on your computer
ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache\

Yes i have cleaned my map cache, but still not working.

Does the server side map cache also need to clean? but i cannot access to the server folder, it is not my server.

My computer had no map cache to clean, I have followed every instruction, re-exported the map images multiple times, still it's messed up. I'm also running a home server on another PC.

Additionally, some other people are unable to even connect to my server, but others can with no issue. This game is broken as all hell, much worse than Ark ever was for me. I'm about ready to write this game off for good.

Yes i have cleaned my map cache, but still not working.

Does the server side map cache also need to clean? but i cannot access to the server folder, it is not my server.

the only map the server has is the one you need , if thats not there, then the maps dont work .. thats located on the server in folder ...ShooterGame\ServerGrid\
There would be one called   MapIMG.jpg and one for each cell .. CellIMG_0-0.png , CellIMG_0-1.png   etc.......

1 minute ago, Wartai said:

the only map the server has is the one you need , if thats not there, then the maps dont work .. thats located on the server in folder ...ShooterGame\ServerGrid\
There would be one called   MapIMG.jpg and one for each cell .. CellIMG_0-0.png , CellIMG_0-1.png   etc.......

Wait, are they supposed to be PNG files? Should IMG be capitalized? Because mine isn't, it's .jpg and only the I in IMG is capitalized.

1 minute ago, downslayer said:

Wait, are they supposed to be PNG files? Should IMG be capitalized? Because mine isn't, it's .jpg and only the I in IMG is capitalized.

how many servers you have ?

1 minute ago, Wartai said:

how many servers you have ?

Just one, one cell. I only have the MapImg.jpg file and CellImg0-0.jpg files.

Just now, downslayer said:

Just one, one cell. I only have the MapImg.jpg file and CellImg0-0.jpg files.

I did read somewhere some hosters use all JPG's ..
I havent tried using JPG for all mine as I let the map editor create mine

Just now, Wartai said:

I did read somewhere some hosters use all JPG's ..
I havent tried using JPG for all mine as I let the map editor create mine

The map editor made mine, too. I'm using the latest version most likely, I just installed it like 3 days ago.

Just now, downslayer said:

The map editor made mine, too. I'm using the latest version most likely, I just installed it like 3 days ago.

so you used the 'Local Export All' option?