Tko666

Ship Decay is killing the Game

40 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Out of curiosity, how do you plan to get 10 rafts out with the decay system?  Plus, no offence, but the reason why we have a decay system is the multiple rafts clogging up the place.

Despawn the rafts when the player disconnects. If the devs solution is destroying peoples rafts. its a bad and lazy solution.

And yes people wil use free ports for zero risk. After putting so many hours into building one and its gets destroyed because you are offline feels unfair. If i lose it in battle im okee with it. If i lose hours and hours of progress due to being offline ill just quit the game. 

I want to sail around. Now im just sailing 2a3 sectors max before returning to base for a bit more safety. So i cant go further since i dont have enough playtime to sail back. Fun

Edited by quazythain

19 hours ago, UDO said:

try to make sure its anchored at shore , floating about on sea causes damage , dpmt blame the game if u dont understand the mecahnics

propaganda lie.  our boats are decaying really REALLY fast even when anchored.  Don't blame the OP if you don't understand the mechanics.

i dont want to save those rafts from decay i just built that many cuz i was unable to get to another island and there was nothing else to do... all i want is find an island where i can build and now with that mats buff i dont even care about all other rafts...

21 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Wrong.  We anchored at a Freeport because there were no claims to be had, and the Ships of the Damned were killing everything.  This Brigantine almost decayed away in less than 1 day.  That is absurd, so don't blame absurd game mechanics on player ignorance.

Wrong!  You dont get a free I get to dock my ship in a place with no danger!  Go park in the normal world like everybody else!!!

11 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Wrong!  You dont get a free I get to dock my ship in a place with no danger!  Go park in the normal world like everybody else!!!

Wrong!  Says the guy who has no clue how much ORP enhanced PvP action.  Let me clue you in, Sport.  When you raid a base where the occupants are all offline, you aren't actually PvPing.  You are actually PvEing, with the only difference being that other players set up the E (Environment) for you, not a level designer at the game development company, which also means it is likely to be less challenging than a good single player experience created by a professional.  My experience with it is that it is boring.  Follow the prescribed steps, and the pathetic AI is easily overcome.  Yeah, that's the kicker...Ai in a PvP game is more of an afterthought, and so less challenging than a modern single player game on the harder modes.

Keep raiding the assets of offline players, while they are asleep, and convincing yourself that this is actually a challenge.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
typos

1 minute ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Wrong!  Says the guy who has no clue how much ORP enhanced PvP action.  Let me clue you in, Sport.  When you raid a base where the occupants are all offline, you aren't actually PvPing.  You are actually PvEing, with the only difference being that other players set up the E (Environment) for you, not a level designer at the game development company, which also means it is likely less challenging than a good single player experience created by a professional.  My experience with it is that it is boring.  Follow the prescribed steps, and the pathetic AI is easily overcome.  Yeah, that's the kicker...Ai in a PvP game is more of an afterthought, and so less challenging that a modern single player game on the harder modes.

Keep raiding people's offline assets while they are asleep, and convincing yourself that this is actually a challenge.

WTF are you talking about mate????

I don't raid offline people heck I don't even raid....

The conversation here is that you want to be able to park in a safe zone!!!  And that's just not going to happen.... 

Imagine if they made that a mechanic...  There would be lines of Galleons sitting everywhere in the safe zones you probally wouldnt even be able to sail thru the mess its already bad enough getting a raft out of dock!!!

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

WTF are you talking about mate????

I don't raid offline people heck I don't even raid....

The conversation here is that you want to be able to park in a safe zone!!!  And that's just not going to happen.... 

Imagine if they made that a mechanic...  There would be lines of Galleons sitting everywhere in the safe zones you probally wouldnt even be able to sail thru the mess its already bad enough getting a raft out of dock!!!

No dumb dumb.  I want ORP for Atlas.  I want people to actually PvP, not PvE and convince themselves they are Uber PvPers.   Get it now?

And no, even Star Citizen is going to have ORP.  How is this handled?  When you leave your ship at a landing pad, and log off, the ship eventually disappears.  Done when nobody is actually looking.  When you log back on, you go to a terminal and request your ship to be delivered to the landing pad.  When you go to the pad, there it is.  Even now, in true Alpha state, there is truly intense PvP action.  But the game is also going to have a more realistic set of repercussions.    You act like an Outlaw, you are designated an outlaw.  There will be two types of space, lawful and lawless.  You aren't truly safe in either, but you are safer in the one you align with.  And it's not just ships.  That's just the tip of the iceberg, as it will have everything.  Those who want more PvE than PvP, so the Mine, do Cargo, Science stuff, Medical stuff, Salvage, Exploration, etc...but it also has Marines, etc...  You are a person, and what you do is up to your...fly, fight as a soldier, mine, etc...much like this game could do also, with the right mechanics.

All I want is true PvP action, not logging off, just to see that somebody who knows the proper steps, like 90% of the players, simply targeted my group, and easily bypassed the AI to remove our ship from the game.  And yes, AI is always easy to bypass.  It's the reason most PvP players say they prefer the PvP side of a game that also includes a single player side, which means battling AI.

The game is pointless if people mostly avoid actual PvP, by instead engaging in PvE action, targeting bases where the owners are offline.  Once again...that's not PvP, it's PvE.  True PvP players should be demanding ORP, so that the PvP aspect is actually preserved.

And again, it would not be hard to have a form of ORP in this game.  It already exists for this game engine.  But it can also be done in other ways.  I mentioned some of them, and I also acknowledged that the freeport being a safe zone does not mean you have to have hundreds of ships sitting there.  If it is a safe zone, and you are offline, the ship can be despawned after a while.  It doesn't have to sit there forever.  If need be, random thick fog can roll in regularly, and during that time, the offline ships disappear.  No there is less immersion breaking.

29 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

And again, it would not be hard to have a form of ORP in this game.  It already exists for this game engine.  But it can also be done in other ways.  I mentioned some of them, and I also acknowledged that the freeport being a safe zone does not mean you have to have hundreds of ships sitting there.  If it is a safe zone, and you are offline, the ship can be despawned after a while.  It doesn't have to sit there forever.  If need be, random thick fog can roll in regularly, and during that time, the offline ships disappear.  No there is less immersion breaking.

ORP should not be a thing in a Civilization Builder....  any protection should be accomplished via the players in the game... EI your friend protecting your stuff while your asleep...

A Sandbox is a world where the players write the chapters of the book and that includes good and bad...  what the game needs is not game mechanic protection but game mechanic Causation IE side effects of being a criminal...

And don't talk about the star citizen scam pls!

Edited by Sulfurblade

Scam?  LOL  You can go on their site and see exactly what is being worked on, and what is not, and what percentage of tasks on each thing is done...for instance, 45/53 tasks complete.  All you prove is that you don't know what you are talking about when you say things like that..so yeah, let's just stick with something you might know a little bit about.

But yeah, LIKE Star Citizen is already providing, this game will be better with consequences for actions.

57 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

ORP should not be a thing in a Civilization Builder....  any protection should be accomplished via the players in the game... EI your friend protecting your stuff while your asleep...

A Sandbox is a world where the players write the chapters of the book and that includes good and bad...  what the game needs is not game mechanic protection but game mechanic Causation IE side effects of being a criminal...

And don't talk about the star citizen scam pls!

Consequences for not being able to be online 24/7 due to work/child/and more. Game will be dead in few months sinds nobody wants to farm hours and hours and keep losing it when they are offline since people want to raid safely.

People defending have consequences being offline while the attacker is 100% safe. zero risk , great logic. Why raid a base with people online and take damage and maby lose ships. Raid it offline WIN WIN.

We need some form of protection to keep our ships safe. Not everybody wants to build bases to have some form of protection. Now i need to return to base everytime we stop due to stupid npc ships and people. What means we cant explore far. The further away the longer the return trip

On 12/29/2018 at 9:11 PM, Hodo said:

But I come from other games where teamwork was a MUST, Life Is Feudal, Mortal Online, EVE, Ultima... just to name a few.  

I can solo shit out of EVE and especially UO. Won't achieve much but you can enjoy those games solo. A small guild can survive LiF if they play smart and join an alliance.

In Atlas however even tho i'm in a large company i don't dare sailing more than 2-4 squares from the base because i HAVE to bring the ship back before going to sleep. Good thing is you don't really need to travel far. So no long voyages and barely any adventure, back to gathering mats for another large ship that will just stand there doing nothing i guess.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LaiTash said:

I can solo shit out of EVE and especially UO. Won't achieve much but you can enjoy those games solo. A small guild can survive LiF if they play smart and join an alliance.

In Atlas however even tho i'm in a large company i don't dare sailing more than 2-4 squares from the base because i HAVE to bring the ship back before going to sleep. Good thing is you don't really need to travel far. So no long voyages and barely any adventure, back to gathering mats for another large ship that will just stand there doing nothing i guess.

Well if you go by yourself expect to have short trips.  But if you have a crew... you can go further if you trust them and time things right.   Not saying it is going to be easy... or simple.  If you wanted easy or simple you wouldn't have stuck around this long.  

I know currently with my work schedule I wont have time to go sailing around during the week.  So I dont even bother, instead I spend my time working on base defenses, providing food for those who do go sailing around, and maintaining the supply base.   I didn't want to do this role but sometimes you just fall into it.   

i dont know i have all 3 ship maintenance skills (total of  -50% decay) and anchored outside of freeport and after 24 hours a hull went from almost 5100 to 5077